cooperspicks
cooperspicks
Joined: May 1, 2011
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1
May 1st, 2011 at 6:19:21 PM permalink
So with all of this drama breaking down lately about how having online poker being illegal I have to wonder what kind of crack downs may be coming for sports betting and sports handicapping over the next few years?

Was this a move done to pave the wave to make it taxable and legal in the united states or what?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 12163
May 1st, 2011 at 6:22:58 PM permalink
Quote: cooperspicks

So with all of this drama breaking down lately about how having online poker being illegal I have to wonder what kind of crack downs may be coming for sports betting and sports handicapping over the next few years?

Was this a move done to pave the wave to make it taxable and legal in the united states or what?



I sure hope it becomes legal. There is no rational reason for it to not be. I do wonder how Bodog survived and is still taking my action.

Legalized, online sports betting, along with a sportsbook at the casino here, would be great. No worry about money getting siezed. Watch the game with interest. Sports as it was meant to be!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 3564
May 2nd, 2011 at 12:52:01 PM permalink
It's coming. I think online poker and sports betting will both be legal in the U.S within the next 2 or 3 years. There is too much money to be made in taxes and licensing to keep ignoring it.
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
May 2nd, 2011 at 12:59:51 PM permalink
Recent history has shown that politicians all eventually descend to the pragmatic level and decide that gambling revenue should be taxable in their jurisdiction rather than leaving the state perhaps to be taxed elsewhere. Sports betting is no different than other gambling: it just has different High Horses from which people prattle on and on about but eventually the politicians get real.
slyther
slyther
Joined: Feb 1, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 691
May 2nd, 2011 at 1:29:13 PM permalink
ESPN's "Outside The Lines" show recently did a piece on people betting on pee-wee football games in Florida. Crazy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=6451796
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1353
  • Posts: 22454
May 2nd, 2011 at 1:36:15 PM permalink
Quote: cooperspicks

So with all of this drama breaking down lately about how having online poker being illegal I have to wonder what kind of crack downs may be coming for sports betting and sports handicapping over the next few years?

Was this a move done to pave the wave to make it taxable and legal in the united states or what?



This post seems suspicious to me as a way to plop a link to your own tout service. Consider this a warning that future posts should not have a link to your own site, except if done in the Kiosk. That goes for your blog too.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
May 2nd, 2011 at 1:39:30 PM permalink
Check the same poster's two blog posts... which refer to it being football season. It's not even Canadian Football Season.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 180
  • Posts: 10302
May 2nd, 2011 at 2:55:51 PM permalink
Legal, online gambling, is coming. It's just a matter of how soon.

But it won't come all at once.

I am unsure which will come first; casino games or horse race betting, but, IMHO, regular sports betting will come last.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
Joined: Mar 8, 2011
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 5328
May 3rd, 2011 at 11:25:27 AM permalink
The NFL will do their best to insure sports betting will be last indeed !
pacomartin
pacomartin
Joined: Jan 14, 2010
  • Threads: 649
  • Posts: 7895
May 3rd, 2011 at 1:58:30 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

This post seems suspicious to me as a way to plop a link to your own tout service.



I think seems is too gentle a word here.

  • Jump to: