ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
April 14th, 2011 at 6:31:39 AM permalink
Not that I'm offering advice or anything, but I put 1 large on the Blazers over the Mavs last night. Seems like the surest bet so far ...
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
April 14th, 2011 at 8:57:32 AM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

Not that I'm offering advice or anything, but I put 1 large on the Blazers over the Mavs last night. Seems like the surest bet so far ...

Uh....they play basketball, not soccer. Might want to retrieve your bet if possible.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
April 14th, 2011 at 10:01:09 AM permalink
Quote: dm

Uh....they play basketball, not soccer. Might want to retrieve your bet if possible.

Wow ... did I put NBA instead of MLS in the thread title by mistake? :P
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
April 14th, 2011 at 10:03:41 AM permalink
Quote: Altut

I like it. Portland is surprising in that it is a match-up nightmare for Dallas and even the Lakers, even though they are a relatively obscure team. Was your bet for the 1st game or the series?

But what were you thinking with a post that actually has something to do with betting here?

I didn't bet game-by-game since it's a little more squirrelly, but I would guess Dallas will win the first game. Portland is a terrible road team, but I do see them taking at least 1 in Dallas, but I wouldn't guess the first. And I don't see Dallas winning in Portland at all.

FWIW, I'm a big Mavs fan and live in Dallas. And, I'm 9-0 on my last 9 sports bets.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
April 14th, 2011 at 12:53:23 PM permalink
it can be easier to do in some ways. You know the team, you know it's strengths and weaknesses, and if it's another team you've seen a lot of, it can be easier to see a good bet that the general public may not.

I've made most of my successful NFL bets betting on NFC North teams, and will happily bet against the Lions if the line is stupid. Obviously, betting against the Lions has been easier in the last few seasons, which has meant last year there was some great lines when betting with them.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
dm
dm
April 14th, 2011 at 2:57:57 PM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

I didn't bet game-by-game since it's a little more squirrelly, but I would guess Dallas will win the first game. Portland is a terrible road team, but I do see them taking at least 1 in Dallas, but I wouldn't guess the first. And I don't see Dallas winning in Portland at all.

FWIW, I'm a big Mavs fan and live in Dallas. And, I'm 9-0 on my last 9 sports bets.

Hey, I'm from Temple. If the Mavs leave Brewer off the roster they deserve to lose. Otherwise, I don't think they will play dead this year.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
April 14th, 2011 at 8:05:33 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

it can be easier to do in some ways. You know the team, you know it's strengths and weaknesses, and if it's another team you've seen a lot of, it can be easier to see a good bet that the general public may not.

I've made most of my successful NFL bets betting on NFC North teams, and will happily bet against the Lions if the line is stupid. Obviously, betting against the Lions has been easier in the last few seasons, which has meant last year there was some great lines when betting with them.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly right ... it's probably the main reason I'm 9-0, and 15-1 (stupid French!). All bets were on games where I was pretty certain (whatever that means when it comes to sports betting) I would win, and they all involved teams I know very well ... Cowboys, Mavs, World Cup games, USA national soccer team, Stanford, and TCU. 15-1 isn't perfect, but it's still +14, which ain't bad.

It's not a lot of betting, and because I'm so sure of the result, it's not a lot of drama. It's always more fun when my team is on the right side of it, but hey, who around here wasn't rooting for Wade Phillips to get fired? May as well make some money if the team is going nowhere.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
April 15th, 2011 at 10:50:15 AM permalink
I was hoping for another year of coach ICanHaz, just because it's great for another team to be the subject of ridicule for once :)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
April 20th, 2011 at 3:49:26 PM permalink
Oh well, can't win 'em all. My thinking hinged on POR taking one of the first two in Dallas. At this stage, I don't see POR winning 4 of the next 5.

That's what happens when you brag, I guess ... sigh.
dm
dm
April 21st, 2011 at 9:36:38 AM permalink
Even if they had, Dallas is one of the best road teams in the NBA.

• Jump to: