Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
Thanked by
unJonDJChaps
January 9th, 2024 at 9:37:36 AM permalink
WoV NFL Playoff Picks Game 2024!

Greetings!

This is the thread for the 2024 WoV NFL Playoff Picks Game!

This game is OPEN for everyone to play and there are no Entry Fees. However, only players who participated in the 2023 WoV NFL Picks Game (the main game) will automatically receive a PM reminder to make their WILDCARD WEEKEND PICKS.

If you wish to participate in this game and DID NOT participate in the 2023 WoV NFL Picks Game, then you must meet one of the following two criteria:

1.) Have a JOINED DATE on, or before, 9/1/2023 AND have a minimum of fifty lifetime posts.

2.) Have previously played in a REGULAR WoV NFL Picks Game. By definition, you would have a joined date of 9/1/23, or prior, but you wouldn't necessarily have fifty lifetime posts.

If you meet either of the two conditions above and wish to receive reminders for this game, then you may either make a comment in this thread that you wish to play, or alternatively, send a PM that you would like to participate and receive a reminder.

You can also play WITHOUT receiving a reminder. To do so, simply submit your Picks before the deadline.

THE RULES

The Rules for this game will be as follows:

1.) Every player begins with a, 'Bankroll,' of $500; this is not real money and does not represent any real money. It is for gameplay purposes only.

2.) For the first two weeks of the Playoffs, the following Lines will be posted for each game:

-Spread
-Total
-Moneyline

2a.) All players will make no fewer than five bets the first week of the Playoffs.

2b.) All players will make no greater than ten bets the first week of the Playoffs.

2c.) The minimum bet for the first week of the Playoffs shall be $50, per bet.

2d.) The maximum bet for the first week of the Playoffs shall be $100, per bet.

2e.) All players will make no fewer than three bets in the Divisional Round of the Playoffs. (However, if it is only possible to make two-$$$-that is permitted)

2f.) All players will make no greater than ten bets in the Divisional Round of the Playoffs.

2g.) The minimum bet for the Divisional Round of the Playoffs shall be $50, per bet.

2h.) The maximum bet for the Divisional Round of the Playoffs shall be $150, per bet.

3.) The Conference Championship Game will consist of the following Lines:

-Spread
-Total
-Moneyline
-Select Game Props
-Select Player Props

3a.) All players will make no fewer than two selections during the Conference Championship Week. (If possible)

3b.) All players will make no greater than ten bets during the Conference Championship Week.

3c.) The minimum bet amount permitted is $50, per bet.

3d.) The maximum bet amount permitted is $200, per bet.

4.) The Super Bowl will consist of the following Lines:

-Spread
-Total
-Moneyline
-Select Game Props
-Select Player Props

4a.) All players must make at least one selection for the Super Bowl.

4b.) There is no maximum number of bets that can be made, provided you have the bankroll.

4c.) The minimum bet amount permitted is $50, per bet.

4d.) The maximum bet allowed is $250, per bet.

5.) Failure to make the minimum number of Picks allowed, if it is possible ($$$) for you to do so, results in immediate disqualification.

6.) Attempting to bet less than the minimum, unless you are only making ONE BET and it is for everything you have, will result in immediate disqualification.

For example, if you have $75 and the minimum bet is $50, then you MUST make one bet for $75. The minimum bet amount (which is always $50) takes precedence over all other rules. A bet of UNDER $50 is only possible if your entire bankroll is less than $50.

7.) Attempting to bet more than the maximum on a single bet will result in immediate disqualification.

8.) The Top Three Finishers will be in the Prize Money.

9.) The RULES for making your bets shall be as follows:

9a.) All bets MUST include the line and the bet amount being placed. I recommend copy/paste from when I post the Lines and then you can just add the amount.

9b.) There will be a deadline for all bets to be made that will be posted, and sent in PM's, when the Lines are posted.

10.) Conflicting Picks WILL Result in immediate disqualification. EX: If the Chargers are playing the Jaguars, then you couldn't bet BOTH Over and Under, or Titans spread and Jaguars spread---however, you ARE permitted to make a spread bet on one team whilst betting on its opponent to win outright (moneyline).

NOTES:

Each week, when the lines are posted, these posts will also include the minimum number of bets that must be made, the maximum number of bets that can be made, the minimum bet amount per bet and the maximum bet amount per bet, so it should be easy to pick according to the rules.

There are no tiebreakers. In the very unlikely event that two players finish with the same cash total, they will split the corresponding prize(s) for their position(s).

Any breakage off of whole dollar amounts (in the game) will always round DOWN.

THE PRIZE POOL

Assuming all prizes in the 2023 WoV Picks Game had been won (by someone other than myself), then it was my plan for the payouts for this game to be as follows:

FIRST PLACE: $125
SECOND PLACE: $50
THIRD PLACE: $25

However, I actually managed to win the, 'You Suck,' prize, which saved me $75, that I will be equally distributing amongst the Top Three, therefore:

FIRST PLACE: $150
SECOND PLACE: $75
THIRD PLACE: $50

I'd also like to give a special thank you to UnJon who is donating his 2023 WoV Picks Game winnings of $95 ($100 for Third Place + $20 Perfection Bonus - $25 Entry Fees---which goes to the winner, DJChaps) to this contest.

I'll leave it for UnJon to determine how these $95 in funds are distributed or what side prizes might be created using all, or part, of that sum. I'll send him a PM tomorrow morning (which is when I am posting Wildcard Lines) if I've not heard from him by then.

SPECIAL NOTE

I actually managed to win last year (the first year of this new format for the Playoff Picks Game) by virtue of taking a huge shot (for all but $50 of my bankroll) on a +500 line that came in:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/37855-wov-2023-nfl-playoff-picks-game/4/#post881399

I knew it was possible that someone could win like that, but I didn't think it would happen in the first year of this new format. Essentially, I loved everything about this format except that someone could win that way. Of course, I probably wouldn't have minded had that someone not been me.

For that reason, I would encourage players to assume that no lines of greater than +300 will be available for Player Prop Bets or Game Prop Bets. Should we have an insufficient number of Lines for these various prop bet types, then some of the Prop Bets will likely be parlay-type x AND y prop bets to get some prop bets in the range of +200 to + 300. While I do want as many players as possible to have a chance in the last week, I don't want it to be the case that players can win, essentially, by making a single bet and getting lucky, as I did last year.

----Let's have some fun! If anyone has any questions about the rules, sooner would be better than later. Anyone who receives a reminder will also be reminded (as last year) of what their options are. While the rules have many conditions that could result in disqualification, I'll individualize PM reminders such that players who can only make a limited number of bets, due to bankroll, know how to avoid disqualifying themselves.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
January 9th, 2024 at 10:17:42 AM permalink
TWO NOTES

1.) Thank you again to Unjon for his kind donation! As a result of UnJon's donation, he directs that it be distributed amongst the Top Three, as follows:

Becomes:

FIRST PLACE: $200
SECOND PLACE: $100
THIRD PLACE: $70

Barring any other donations, such will be the Prize structure for this game. As much as I like the format, it is a tough one to come up with side prizes for.

2.) I will strongly recommend just copy/pasting from my Lines (when I post therm) and just adding the amount that you want to bet on each result.

However, one thing that could have made life easier for everyone (last season) is if I had formatted the Lines better.

This season, the Lines will be formatted using a combination of numbers and letters. Each individual game will receive a number and each individual bet will receive a letter. Unlike the main WoV Picks Game, spread bets will be listed as separate from each other. For example, if I make Steelers/Bills the first game listed, then it will look something like this:

GAME 1: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills

1a.) Pittsburgh +10
1b.) Buffalo -10

That way, there's not any ambiguity when it comes to what people are trying to Pick. Even if someone Picks the wrong letter/number combination, then that letter/number combo is still going to correlate to a specific bet, so that is the bet that would play.

I'll likely be manually grading this game, so for my sanity, I would definitely appreciate if everyone could make an effort just to copy/paste the Picks desired from my lines and make Picks accordingly. If you're on mobile, or something, then doing Letter + Number + Bet Amount would also be very good.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
Mission146
January 9th, 2024 at 10:44:08 AM permalink
In the example you gave you just listed a pointspread but no odds associated with the pointspread!?!

Are all pointspreads going to be +100(no juice) or -110 ( regular vig) or variable and you just forgot to put that in your example?
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
SOOPOO
January 9th, 2024 at 12:16:17 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

In the example you gave you just listed a pointspread but no odds associated with the pointspread!?!

Are all pointspreads going to be +100(no juice) or -110 ( regular vig) or variable and you just forgot to put that in your example?
link to original post

I didn't forget to put it in my example, per se, I just wasn't being particularly specific in the example as I didn't look up the actual spread/odds. The main goal of my example was just to emphasize that each game will now get a number and each possible bet a letter.

I can say that spreads and totals, for my own ease, probably are going to be +100 for both sides if both would otherwise be -110. I believe, in last year's contest, I also adjusted both sides of MoneyLines somewhat to try to get rid of the vig...and also because I was adjusting the spreads/totals in this way. Player/Game props will probably be as they appear on the source, which will likely be DraftKings.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Mission146JohnnyQ
January 9th, 2024 at 3:30:32 PM permalink
Thank you Mission!!! One of the all-time good guys! And thank you unjon -very classy move.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
PlayYourCardsRight
PlayYourCardsRight
  • Threads: 10
Thanked by
unJonMission146gordonm888JohnnyQ
January 9th, 2024 at 11:02:06 PM permalink
I have messaged Mission that I am contributing $50 of my prize from the season to the playoff contest.

The distribution will be:

10 added for first
10 added for second
5 added for third

The final $25 will either go to a fourth place finisher (if 15 people play the playoffs competition) or it will be added to first place.

PYCR
Mission146
Mission146
January 10th, 2024 at 7:59:36 AM permalink
Quote: PlayYourCardsRight

I have messaged Mission that I am contributing $50 of my prize from the season to the playoff contest.

The distribution will be:

10 added for first
10 added for second
5 added for third

The final $25 will either go to a fourth place finisher (if 15 people play the playoffs competition) or it will be added to first place.

PYCR
link to original post

Thank you very much for that; with that:

Becomes:

FIRST PLACE: $200
SECOND PLACE: $100
THIRD PLACE: $70

Becomes:

FIRST PLACE: $210
SECOND PLACE: $85
THIRD PLACE: $75
FOURTH PLACE: $25

The next post will be the Lines and I will send reminders to everyone who played the 2023 WoV Picks Game and also DrawingDead!
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
DJChaps
January 10th, 2024 at 8:25:41 AM permalink
THE DEADLINE TO MAKE PICKS IS NOON, EST, ON SATURDAY 1/13/24!!!

Greetings!

First of all, let's get a refresher on what the Rules for this Wildcard Weekend are:

2.) For the first two weeks of the Playoffs, the following Lines will be posted for each game:

-Spread
-Total
-Moneyline

2a.) All players will make no fewer than five bets the first week of the Playoffs.

2b.) All players will make no greater than ten bets the first week of the Playoffs.

2c.) The minimum bet for the first week of the Playoffs shall be $50, per bet.

2d.) The maximum bet for the first week of the Playoffs shall be $100, per bet.

The only other things to remember are that your Picks MUST NOT directly conflict with each other. For example, you couldn't take the Steelers on the spread AND take the Bills on the spread; however, taking the Steelers on the spread and picking the Bills to win outright would be perfectly acceptable.

I don't think we had anyone get disqualified the first week of last season and I hope we won't this time. Honestly, I'll try to be reasonable where I can.

Everyone starts with a bankroll of $500.

Ready, Set, Go:

The Wildcard Weekend Odds/Lines are as Follows:

(These lines are brought to us by DraftKings, but have been slightly modified for the purposes of this game)

GAME 1: CLEVELAND BROWNS @ HOUSTON TEXANS

1a.) Cleveland Browns -2.5 +100
1b.) Houston texans +2.5 +100
1c.) Cleveland Browns TO WIN -125
1d.) Houston Texans TO WIN +125
1e.) Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans OVER 44.5 +100
1f.) Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans UNDER 44.5 +100

GAME 2: MIAMI DOLPHINS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

2a.) Miami Dolphins +4.5 +100
2b.) Kansas City Chiefs -4.5 +100
2c.) Miami Dolphins TO WIN +200
2d.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN -200
2e.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs OVER 44 +100
2f.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs UNDER 44 +100

GAME 3: PITTSBURGH STEELERS @ BUFFALO BILLS

3a.) Pittsburgh Steelers +10 +100
3b.) Buffalo Bills -10 +100
3c.) Pittsburgh Steelers TO WIN +460
3d.) Buffalo Bills TO WIN -460
3e.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills OVER 36 +100
3f.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills UNDER 36 +100

GAME 4: GREEN BAY PACKERS @ DALLAS COWBOYS

4a.) Green Bay Packers +7.5 +100
4b.) Dallas Cowboys -7.5 +100
4c.) Green Bay Packers TO WIN +320
4d.) Dallas Cowboys TO WIN -320
4e.) Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys OVER 50.5 +100
4f.) Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys UNDER 50.5 +100

GAME 5: LOS ANGELES RAMS @ DETROIT LIONS

5a.) Los Angeles Rams +3 +100
5b.) Detroit Lions -3 +100
5c.) Los Angeles Rams TO WIN +160
5d.) Detroit Lions TO WIN -160
5e.) Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions OVER 51.5 +100
5f.) Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions UNDER 51.5 +100

GAME 6: PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

6a.) Philadelphia Eagles -3 +100
6b.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +3 +100
6c.) Philadelphia Eagles TO WIN -140
6d.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +140
6e.) Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers OVER 44 +100
6f.) Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers UNDER 44 +100

NOTES:

1.) For anyone using a computer or for whom it would not be inconvenient, my preference is that you simply copy/paste the lines (in full) and then simply add the amount that you wish to bet. I will hasten to point out that there is no specific formatting requirement for this game; however, doing it this way (or at least using the corresponding number/letter) will ensure that there is no ambiguity, which is the big thing we want to avoid.

2.) If you're on mobile, feel free just to use the letter/number corresponding to your selections and then add a bet amount.

3.) I've changed the lines (compared to the source) to remove most of the vig and, to as great an extent as possible, make the betting relatively simple to avoid breakage. All totals/spreads are +100, which might favor some teams more than others, but we're all picking from the same sets of lines, so that doesn't really matter. The big thing is that we're all competing on equal terms. Also, more favorable lines didn't seem to be a problem last playoff game considering that I was the only player who finished profitable and we had one breakeven player; others lost some amount of money and most lost everything.

THE DEADLINE TO MAKE PICKS IS NOON, EST, ON SATURDAY 1/13/24!!!
Mission146
Mission146
January 10th, 2024 at 8:32:11 AM permalink
Added the deadline for this week, Noon (EST) Saturday; I guess that's kind of important to include.

ADDED/UDATE: The reminders have now been sent. I'm going to read back through the thread as I recall one or two people who didn't actually play in the regular Picks Game expressing interest in the Playoff Game. Of course, I could be remembering that from last year, or five years ago, it's really hard to tell.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
DJChaps
January 12th, 2024 at 1:17:48 PM permalink
Greetings!

This is just a notification of two things:

1.) The second set of reminders has gone out.

2.) The DEADLINE for your Picks is NOON, tomorrow. It doesn't matter whether or not you are picking Saturday games; because I want all of the Picks to be posted before first kickoff, the deadline is just the deadline.
DJChaps
DJChaps
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
Mission146
January 12th, 2024 at 1:56:37 PM permalink
Picks are in. All but 25 in play.

GL gang!
PlayYourCardsRight
PlayYourCardsRight
Thanked by
Mission146
January 12th, 2024 at 3:52:31 PM permalink
My picks are in

Mission's picks received (before I picked, but unopened)

Matt
Mission146
Mission146
January 13th, 2024 at 10:17:01 AM permalink
Greetings!

The WildCard Weekend Picks are as follows:

Mission146:
1b.) Houston texans +2.5 +100---$64
1c.) Cleveland Browns TO WIN -125---$80
2a.) Miami Dolphins +4.5 +100---$50
2d.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN -200---$100
3a.) Pittsburgh Steelers +10 +100---$50
5a.) Los Angeles Rams +3 +100---$60
5d.) Detroit Lions TO WIN -160---$96

Joeman:
1a.) Cleveland Browns -2.5 +100---$100
2c.) Miami Dolphins TO WIN +200---$50
2e.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs OVER 44 +100---$100
6d.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +140---$50
4b.) Dallas Cowboys -7.5 +100---$100

SOOPOO:
2d.Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN -200---$100
2f.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs UNDER 44 +100---$100
3a.) Pittsburgh Steelers +10 +100---$100
4a.) Green Bay Packers +7.5 +100---$100
6b.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +3 +100---$100

nunbeater:
4d.) Dallas Cowboys TO WIN -320---$100
3c.) Pittsburgh Steelers TO WIN +460---$100
2a.) Miami Dolphins +4.5 +100---$100
2c.) Miami Dolphins TO WIN +200---$100
5b.) Detroit Lions -3 +100---$100

JohnnyQ:
1a.) Cleveland Browns -2.5 +100---$50
3b.) Buffalo Bills -10 +100---$50
4b.) Dallas Cowboys -7.5 +100---$50
5b.) Detroit Lions -3 +100---$50

VegasBrent:
1b.) Houston Texans +2.5 +100---$100
1d.) Houston Texans TO WIN +125---$80
2b.) Kansas City Chiefs -4.5 +100---$50
2d.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN -200---$100
5a.) Los Angeles Rams +3 +100---$100
5c.) Los Angeles Rams TO WIN +160---$50

Gordonm888:
3b.) Buffalo Bills -10 +100---$100
3d.) Buffalo Bills TO WIN -460---$100
5a.) Los Angeles Rams +3 +100---$100
5c.) Los Angeles Rams TO WIN +160---$100

IndyJeffrey
Texans UNDER 44.5 +100---$100
Rams TO WIN +160---$100
Buccaneers OVER 44 +100---$100
Cowboys OVER 50.5 +100---$100
Chiefs TO WIN -200---$100

DJChaps:
1f.) Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans UNDER 44.5 +100---$50
2e.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs OVER 44 +100---$100
3b.) Buffalo Bills -10 +100---$75
3f.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills UNDER 36 +100---$50
4b.) Dallas Cowboys -7.5 +100---$75
6a.) Philadelphia Eagles -3 +100---$75

Odiousgambit:
1a.) Cleveland Browns -2.5 +100---$50
2b.) Kansas City Chiefs -4.5 +100---$50
3f.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills UNDER 36 +100---$50
4a.) Green Bay Packers +7.5 +100---$50
5f.) Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions UNDER 51.5 +100---$50

UnJon:
3a.) Pittsburgh Steelers +10 +100---$100
3c.) Pittsburgh Steelers TO WIN +460---$50
6d.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +140---$100
4c.) Green Bay Packers TO WIN +320---$50

jml24:
1b.) Houston texans +2.5 +100---$100
2a.) Miami Dolphins +4.5 +100---$100
5b.) Detroit Lions -3 +100---$100

PlayYourCardsRight:
2d.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN -200---$50
2f.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs UNDER 44 +100---$50
3d.) Buffalo Bills TO WIN -460---$100
4d.) Dallas Cowboys TO WIN -320---$100
5d.) Detroit Lions TO WIN -160---$100

scolist:
1b.) Houston Texans +2.5---$50
2e.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs OVER 44---$50
4b.) Dallas Cowboys -7.5---$50
5b.) Detroit Lions -3---$50
6a.) Philadelphia Eagles -3---$50

JohnZimbo:
1a.) Cleveland Browns -2.5 +100---$70
4b.) Dallas Cowboys -7.5 +100---$100
4e.) Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys OVER 50.5 +100---$100***
5a.) Los Angeles Rams +3 +100---$80
5e.) Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions OVER 51.5 +100---$80
6b.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +3 +100---$70

GenWyzgy:
1d.) Houston Texans TO WIN +125---$50
2a.) Miami Dolphins +4.5 +100---$50
2f.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs UNDER 44 +100---$50

Sparty10k:
1d.) Houston Texans TO WIN +125---$100
1e.) Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans OVER 44.5 +100---$100
3c.) Pittsburgh Steelers TO WIN +460---$50
5c.) Los Angeles Rams TO WIN +160---$100

NCFatCat:
1f.) Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans UNDER 44.5 +100---$50
2f.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs UNDER 44 +100---$100
5b.) Detroit Lions -3 +100---$50
5f.) Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions UNDER 51.5 +100---$50
6a.) Philadelphia Eagles -3 +100---$50
Mission146
Mission146
January 13th, 2024 at 10:29:42 AM permalink
NOTES:

1.) I had some number of PM's that asked if I was happy with the formatting, which I really appreciate! For those who copy/pasted the entire lines as they are presented; that is terrific and thank you very much! For those who just made their bets with the number/letter; that's also perfectly fine! I have a tab with the lines right beside the tab where I'm posting the Picks, so it's not terribly time-consuming for me.

2.) JohnZimbo is assumed to be betting $100 on Pick 4e because his PM did not actually include the bet amount, but judging from his other bets (which would otherwise leave $100) it seemed to be his intent to bet the entire $500. I sent a PM to JohnZimbo explaining this and that I am assuming it to be a $100 bet unless he sends me a PM, before kickoff of ANY games, telling me otherwise.

3.) We have eighteen players (75%), which I consider pretty good for the Playoff game, relative to the regular WoV Picks Game. You'd think more people would play for a shot at free dinero, rather than fewer, but it never seems to work that way.

4.) We're seeing a lot of different strategies! We've got almost all dogs to win, in one case. We've got a lot of true believers getting money down on TO COVER and TO WIN for the same team, so that's where we see that weekly max bet restriction come into play. We've got people living to fight another day by simply not betting it all. We also have my variance-avoiding convoluted mess to maximize my exposure, but also, that I'll live to fight another day...it'll probably backfire on me; I also made a $50 homer bet on the Steelers not to get completely blown out in bad weather.

5.) Please check your own Picks for accuracy. I do not believe that I missed any. All Picks had at least letter/number, so there's no reason I should have been straight up wrong about any. Also, please check the grading after I have done it as I am an imperfect being doing it manually...that said, I should be able to avoid mistakes.

ADDED: Checking all of the Picks now. PlayYourCardsRight had an illegal $200 bet and that has been reduced to $100.

All other Picks are legal; nobody has bet in excess of their bankroll. Let's rock!!!
PlayYourCardsRight
PlayYourCardsRight
Thanked by
Mission146
January 13th, 2024 at 12:08:49 PM permalink
Fat fingered the bet. Thanks for the cx.

With 18 players, my contribution locks in a 4th place payment.

Good luck to everyone.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
Mission146
January 13th, 2024 at 3:55:54 PM permalink
If Buffalo/Steelers game gets relocated to Cleveland, what happens to our picks? I picked Bills-10 and Bills -460 each for 100 points and I feel as if its likely the end of the contest for me if they relocate to Cleveland. Not anyone's fault -just a miserable break if it does happen.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
Mission146
January 13th, 2024 at 4:44:59 PM permalink
Unofficial Standings, I apologize for any errors

After First Game
ContestantTotal
Sparty10k725
VegasBrent700
jml24600
GenWyzgy562.5
scolist550
Soopoo500
nunbeater500
Gordonm888500
UnJon500
PlayYourCardsRight500
Mission146484
JohnnyQ450
DJChaps450
Odiousgambit450
NCFatCat450
JohnZimbo430
Joeman400
IndyJeffrey400
Mission146
Mission146
January 13th, 2024 at 4:47:54 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

If Buffalo/Steelers game gets relocated to Cleveland, what happens to our picks? I picked Bills-10 and Bills -460 each for 100 points and I feel as if its likely the end of the contest for me if they relocate to Cleveland. Not anyone's fault -just a miserable break if it does happen.
link to original post

I’d have to say the Picks stand; I can’t imagine that the books would void all bets due to a venue change.
Vegasbrent
Vegasbrent
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
Mission146
January 13th, 2024 at 9:06:43 PM permalink
I would think the bets would have to stand because some of us may have avoided that game due to the uncertainty that was possible about the game.
It's not a sin if you don't win, but it's a tragedy if you don't try. Be happy and have fun!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
Mission146
January 14th, 2024 at 6:58:06 AM permalink
Same city, different day. So line pretty much unchanged. Should be ‘normal’ very cold conditions as opposed to blowing snow conditions. I am happy as I think there is more variance in brutal conditions. And the less variance the better for the Bills, as they are a far better team than the Steelers.

I’m in a perfect spot. I have the Steelers +10 in a big parlay that has hit the other legs already (and in our Playoff picks game…) but bill be totally fine if the Bills outperform and win by more than 10.

The KC game played out as I thought it would. I’m now at +$150. I think last year I was out after first round…,
Mission146
Mission146
January 15th, 2024 at 6:19:22 AM permalink
Greetings!

I saw that Gordonm888 had grades for after the first game, but nothing since. I don't know how Gordon is doing it, but I'm also going to do it manually for the first week; if everything agrees and Gordon wants to do it using whatever highly complex and almost impossible to comprehend computer program he's doing it with, then I'd certainly appreciate that if the Week 1 Standings agree.

In any event, I'm going to manually grade the first four games right now. In addition to the game grades, below each player, you will find the following:

STARTING BANKROLL: $500
TOTAL AMOUNT BET:
NEW BANKROLL:

Of course, I'm not going to update, 'New Bankroll,' until all the games have been graded.

No promises, but I might be up late enough to complete the grading tonight; if not, then it will be done tomorrow morning.
Mission146
Mission146
January 15th, 2024 at 6:35:24 AM permalink
Still grading, but it worked!

My stupid plan finally worked! I'm nowhere near first place, but I don't care. My stupid plan worked!

My plan to avoid variance, but also potentially get a double win and finish a week profitably worked!

There are no words to express how happy I am right now. I tried the same thing last season, but taking the points on the dogs (with the favorite winning) never happened for me. I just wanted to see that work one time. I can probably die feeling like I've accomplished everything there was to do, now. JK
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
JohnnyQ
January 15th, 2024 at 7:01:09 AM permalink
Greetings!

The WildCard Weekend (partial) results are as follows:

NOTE: I wasn't going to do this as a new post already, but if I were to somehow screw up the original post with the Picks, that would be no bueno.

Mission146:
1b.) Houston Texans +2.5 +100---$64---RETURN $128
1c.) Cleveland Browns TO WIN -125---$80---RETURN ($80)
2a.) Miami Dolphins +4.5 +100---$50---RETURN ($50)
2d.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN -200---$100---RETURN $150
3a.) Pittsburgh Steelers +10 +100---$50---RETURN ($50)
5a.) Los Angeles Rams +3 +100---$60---RETURN $120
5d.) Detroit Lions TO WIN -160---$96---RETURN $156

TOTAL AMOUNT BET: $500
NEW BANKROLL: $554

Joeman:
1a.) Cleveland Browns -2.5 +100---$100---RETURN ($100)
2c.) Miami Dolphins TO WIN +200---$50---RETURN ($50)
2e.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs OVER 44 +100---$100---RETURN ($100)
6d.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +140---$50---RETURN $120
4b.) Dallas Cowboys -7.5 +100---$100---RETURN ($100)

TOTAL AMOUNT BET: $400 ($100 REMAINING)
NEW BANKROLL: $220

SOOPOO:
2d.Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN -200---$100---RETURN $150
2f.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs UNDER 44 +100---$100---RETURN $200
3a.) Pittsburgh Steelers +10 +100---$100---RETURN ($100)
4a.) Green Bay Packers +7.5 +100---$100---RETURN $200
6b.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +3 +100---$100---RETURN $200

NEW BANKROLL: $750

nunbeater:
4d.) Dallas Cowboys TO WIN -320---$100---RETURN ($100)
3c.) Pittsburgh Steelers TO WIN +460---$100---RETURN ($100)
2a.) Miami Dolphins +4.5 +100---$100---RETURN ($100)
2c.) Miami Dolphins TO WIN +200---$100---RETURN ($100)
5b.) Detroit Lions -3 +100---$100---RETURN ($100)

NEW BANKROLL: $0

JohnnyQ:
1a.) Cleveland Browns -2.5 +100---$50---RETURN ($50)
3b.) Buffalo Bills -10 +100---$50---RETURN $100
4b.) Dallas Cowboys -7.5 +100---$50---RETURN ($50)
5b.) Detroit Lions -3 +100---$50---RETURN ($50)

TOTAL AMOUNT BET: $250 ($250 REMAINING)
NEW BANKROLL: $350

VegasBrent:
1b.) Houston Texans +2.5 +100---$100---RETURN $200
1d.) Houston Texans TO WIN +125---$80---RETURN $180
2b.) Kansas City Chiefs -4.5 +100---$50---RETURN $100
2d.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN -200---$100---RETURN $150
5a.) Los Angeles Rams +3 +100---$100---RETURN $200
5c.) Los Angeles Rams TO WIN +160---$50---RETURN ($50)

TOTAL AMOUNT BET: $480 ($20 REMAINING)
NEW BANKROLL: $850

Gordonm888:
3b.) Buffalo Bills -10 +100---$100---RETURN $200
3d.) Buffalo Bills TO WIN -460---$100---RETURN $121
5a.) Los Angeles Rams +3 +100---$100---RETURN $200
5c.) Los Angeles Rams TO WIN +160---$100---RETURN ($100)

NEW BANKROLL: $721

IndyJeffrey
Texans UNDER 44.5 +100---$100---RETURN ($100)
Rams TO WIN +160---$100---RETURN ($100)
Buccaneers OVER 44 +100---$100---RETURN ($100)
Cowboys OVER 50.5 +100---$100---RETURN $200
Chiefs TO WIN -200---$100---RETURN $150

DJChaps:
1f.) Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans UNDER 44.5 +100---$50---RETURN ($50)
3b.) Buffalo Bills -10 +100---$75---RETURN $150
3f.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills UNDER 36 +100---$50---RETURN ($50)
4b.) Dallas Cowboys -7.5 +100---$75---RETURN ($75)
6a.) Philadelphia Eagles -3 +100---$75---RETURN ($75)

TOTAL AMOUNT BET: $475 ($25 REMAINING)
NEW BANKROLL: $175

Odiousgambit:
2b.) Kansas City Chiefs -4.5 +100---$50---RETURN $50
3f.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills UNDER 36 +100---$50---RETURN ($50)
4a.) Green Bay Packers +7.5 +100---$50---RETURN $100
5f.) Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions UNDER 51.5 +100---$50---RETURN $100

NEW BANKROLL: $550

UnJon:
3a.) Pittsburgh Steelers +10 +100---$100---RETURN ($100)
3c.) Pittsburgh Steelers TO WIN +460---$50---RETURN ($100)
6d.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +140---$100---RETURN $240
4c.) Green Bay Packers TO WIN +320---$50---RETURN $210

NEW BANKROLL: $850

jml24:
1b.) Houston Texans +2.5 +100---$100---RETURN $200
2a.) Miami Dolphins +4.5 +100---$100---RETURN ($100)
5b.) Detroit Lions -3 +100---$100---RETURN ($100)

NEW BANKROLL: $600

PlayYourCardsRight:
2d.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN -200---$50---RETURN $75
2f.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs UNDER 44 +100---$50---RETURN $100
3d.) Buffalo Bills TO WIN -460---$100---RETURN $121
4d.) Dallas Cowboys TO WIN -320---$100---RETURN ($100)
5d.) Detroit Lions TO WIN -160---$100---RETURN $162

NEW BANKROLL: $558

scolist:
1b.) Houston Texans +2.5---$50---RETURN $100
2e.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs OVER 44---$50---RETURN ($50)
4b.) Dallas Cowboys -7.5---$50---RETURN ($50)
5b.) Detroit Lions -3---$50---RETURN ($50)
6a.) Philadelphia Eagles -3---$50---RETURN ($50)

JohnZimbo:
1a.) Cleveland Browns -2.5 +100---$70---RETURN ($70)
4e.) Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys OVER 50.5 +100---$100---RETURN $200
5a.) Los Angeles Rams +3 +100---$80---RETURN $160
5e.) Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions OVER 51.5 +100---$80---RETURN ($80)
6b.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +3 +100---$70---RETURN $140

NEW BANKROLL: $500

GenWyzgy:
1d.) Houston Texans TO WIN +125---$50---RETURN $112

NEW BANKROLL: $672

Sparty10k:
1d.) Houston Texans TO WIN +125---$100---RETURN $225
1e.) Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans OVER 44.5 +100---$100---RETURN $200
3c.) Pittsburgh Steelers TO WIN +460---$50---RETURN ($50)
5c.) Los Angeles Rams TO WIN +160---$100---RETURN ($100)
6d.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +140---$50---RETURN $120

NEW BANKROLL: $755

NCFatCat:
1f.) Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans UNDER 44.5 +100---$50---RETURN ($50)
2f.) Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs UNDER 44 +100---$100---RETURN $200
5f.) Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions UNDER 51.5 +100---$50---RETURN $100
6a.) Philadelphia Eagles -3 +100---$50---RETURN ($50)

TOTAL AMOUNT BET: $300 ($200 REMAINING)
NEW BANKROLL: $500
Last edited by: Mission146 on Jan 17, 2024
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
Mission146
January 15th, 2024 at 10:13:42 AM permalink
This contest does not lend itself to semi-automated spreadsheets mostly because the contest is short and there is a lot of data entry. So most of what I do is manual.

After Sunday (Games 1,2,4,5)
ContestantTotal
VegasBrent850
UnJon760
Soopoo750
Sparty10k735
GenWyzgy722
Mission146604
Gordonm888600
NCFatCat550
PlayYourCardsRight537
Odiousgambit500
jml24500
IndyJeffrey450
JohnZimbo430
scolist400
DJChaps350
JohnnyQ300
Joeman150
nunbeater100

If there are any errors, please let me know and I will fix.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
Thanked by
Mission146
January 15th, 2024 at 11:11:27 AM permalink
I am at $360 not $430
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
Mission146
January 15th, 2024 at 11:22:03 AM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

I am at $360 not $430
link to original post

JohnZimbo:
1a.) Cleveland Browns -2.5 +100---$70---RETURN ($70)
4e.) Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys OVER 50.5 +100---$100---RETURN $200
5a.) Los Angeles Rams +3 +100---$80---RETURN $160
5e.) Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions OVER 51.5 +100---$80---RETURN ($80)
6b.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +3 +100---$70

Starting: 500
1a -70
4b -100
4e +100
5a +80
5e -80
6b TBD
Current Balance: 430

The last $70 is outstanding and TBD, on the list I don't credit it as a negative.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
Thanked by
Mission146
January 15th, 2024 at 11:33:20 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

JohnnyQ:
3b.) Buffalo Bills -10 +100---$50
4b.) Dallas Cowboys -7.5 +100---$50---RETURN ($50)

0-4 so far, aaarrrggghhh.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
Mission146PlayYourCardsRightunJonJohnnyQ
January 15th, 2024 at 8:51:22 PM permalink
I did this quickly, please let me know of errors (now edited twice to correct odiousgambit and Joeman)

After Week 19
VegasBrent850
UnJon850
Sparty10k755
Soopoo750
GenWyzgy722.5
Gordonm888721.7
jml24600
PlayYourCardsRight559.2
Mission146554
Odiousgambit550
JohnZimbo500
NCFatCat500
JohnnyQ350
IndyJeffrey350
scolist350
Joeman220
DJChaps175
nunbeater0
Last edited by: gordonm888 on Jan 16, 2024
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
Thanked by
Mission146
January 16th, 2024 at 5:22:06 AM permalink

I did this quickly, please let me know of errors

After Week 19
ContestantTotal
Joeman200

I believe I should be at $220.The Bucs moneyline win returns $120 ($70+$50), right?

Joeman:

NEW BANKROLL:

"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
JoemanunJonMission146
January 16th, 2024 at 5:47:46 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I did this quickly, please let me know of errors

After Week 19
ContestantTotal
Joeman200

I believe I should be at $220.The Bucs moneyline win returns $120 ($70+$50), right?

Joeman:

NEW BANKROLL:

link to original post

You are correct, I have changed your ranking in the list above.

I see how I can change my spreadsheet approach to eliminate this kind of error in the next two rounds.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
Thanked by
Mission146
January 16th, 2024 at 11:18:21 AM permalink
if the last you sent is official, I think my bankroll is now $550

Odiousgambit:
1a.) Cleveland Browns -2.5 +100 $50 …….. L
2b.) Kansas City Chiefs -4.5 +100 $50 ………. W… returns 100
3f.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills UNDER 36 +100 $50…. L ............... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
4a.) Green Bay Packers +7.5 +100 $50 ……….. W…. returns 100
5f.) Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions UNDER 51.5 +100 $50… W.... ruturns100

Bankroll after betting went to $250, add back $300
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
unJonVegasbrentMission146
January 16th, 2024 at 11:36:40 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

if the last you sent is official, I think my bankroll is now $550

Odiousgambit:
1a.) Cleveland Browns -2.5 +100 $50 …….. L
2b.) Kansas City Chiefs -4.5 +100 $50 ………. W… returns 100
3f.) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills UNDER 36 +100 $50…. L ............... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
4a.) Green Bay Packers +7.5 +100 $50 ……….. W…. returns 100
5f.) Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions UNDER 51.5 +100 $50… W.... ruturns100

Bankroll after betting went to $250, add back $300
link to original post

Thank you for this correction. I have now edited the above post to show your score correctly.

I had not planned on doing the 'Ed Collins' role on this contest, but since I'm overtaken by circumstances, I will now take the time to write a spreadsheet system that will greatly reduce the chances of making mistakes on the calculations of outcomes and player bankrolls. What I do ask is that contestants submit the ID of the wager that Mission uses; the numeral and letter, such as "1c" or "5d" when they submit their picks to Mission. That will help me considerably.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
Mission146
January 16th, 2024 at 4:33:50 PM permalink
To be clear, if I write
1a. Bills -2.5. $100

But the Chiefs are 1a and the Bills are 1b, do you….
A. Disqualify me
B. Count it as no bet
C. Count it as a bet on the Chiefs
D. Count it as a bet on the Bills

Meaning does the number/letter count? Or the actual words count? Whichever one does…. we should NOT write the others….
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
Mission146
January 16th, 2024 at 5:02:23 PM permalink

To be clear, if I write
1a. Bills -2.5. $100

A. Disqualify me
B. Count it as no bet

Meaning does the number/letter count? Or the actual words count? Whichever one does…. we should NOT write the others….
link to original post

First, this would be a Mission call. I think in a case where the input is a bit botched/confusing, Mission usually tries to divine the intent of the contestant. So, I would imagine that Mission would favor the words over letter/number combination.

The reason I asked for the letter/number combination (which was provided by almost every contestant in the first week) is that it is an easy way to label, identify and sort the possible wagers on a spreadsheet program. I asked it only for my convenience, I never said anything about disqualifying anyone if it weren't provided. If people feel that being asked to write both is too much of a burden then I'll be happy to withdraw from this role (which I never actually volunteered for) and let Soopoo or Mission or some other unlucky wretch do the scoring.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
Mission146
January 16th, 2024 at 6:57:06 PM permalink

To be clear, if I write
1a. Bills -2.5. $100

A. Disqualify me
B. Count it as no bet

link to original post

First, this would be a Mission call. I think in a case where the input is a bit botched/confusing, Mission usually tries to divine the intent of the contestant. So, I would imagine that Mission would favor the words over letter/number combination.

The reason I asked for the letter/number combination (which was provided by almost every contestant in the first week) is that it is an easy way to label, identify and sort the possible wagers on a spreadsheet program. I asked it only for my convenience, I never said anything about disqualifying anyone if it weren't provided. If people feel that being asked to write both is too much of a burden then I'll be happy to withdraw from this role (which I never actually volunteered for) and let Soopoo or Mission or some other unlucky wretch do the scoring.
link to original post

Not SOOPOO! My point is then to make it easier for you, for us contestants to JUST put the letters and amount bet.
Mission146
Mission146
January 17th, 2024 at 9:01:49 AM permalink

To be clear, if I write
1a. Bills -2.5. $100

A. Disqualify me
B. Count it as no bet

link to original post

link to original post

Thank you. I'm going to finish the manual grading that I had started and we will see if it agrees (I suspect it will) with what Gordon has; I also appreciate Gordon doing the grading, but would only want him to do so if he thinks it's significantly quicker than me doing it.

In this case, I'd actually be most likely to default to the letter/number combo because, so the game might be convenient to people entering Picks via mobile, I am perfectly happy with people sending just (letter/number + bet amount) and then I can add the rest. Not that it's 'Official,' but since I would prefer letter/number to (written pick as a standalone), I'd probably be inclined to favor letter/number. If someone does letter/number, it's easier to look for the full pick than it is to look for letter/number if someone does written out pick only.

Actually, I think everyone included letter/number in their Picks, but not everyone wrote out the Pick; I added about 25% of those.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
Vegasbrent
January 17th, 2024 at 9:50:38 AM permalink

I did this quickly, please let me know of errors (now edited twice to correct odiousgambit and Joeman)

After Week 19
VegasBrent850
UnJon850
Sparty10k755
Soopoo750
GenWyzgy722.5
Gordonm888721.7
jml24600
PlayYourCardsRight559.2
Mission146554
Odiousgambit550
JohnZimbo500
NCFatCat500
JohnnyQ350
IndyJeffrey350
scolist350
Joeman220
DJChaps175
nunbeater0

link to original post

UnJon: $850
VegasBrent: $850
Sparty10k: $755
SOOPOO: $750
Gordonm888: $721
GenWyzgy: $672
JML24: $600
PlayYourCardsRight: $558
Mission146: $554
OdiousGambit: $550
JohnZimbo: $500
NCFatCat: $500
Scolist: $350
IndyJeffrey: $350
JohnnyQ: $350
Joeman: $220
DJChaps: $175
Nunbeater: ELIMINATED

Disagreements:

1.) Gordon's list doesn't list VegasBrent at all.

2.) We disagree on how much GenWyzgy has with me having him at $672 and Gordon having $722.50.

3.) Per the rules, all breakage off of whole dollar outcomes rounds down, even if it would naturally round up; this results in minor disagreements.

Here's what I have for GenWyzgy, which is the only significant disagreement:

GenWyzgy:
1d.) Houston Texans TO WIN +125---$50---RETURN $112

NEW BANKROLL: $672

The difference is $50, so it's not a game result being wrong. The only way that I can think of for this to have happened is if something was either treated as a Push or not scored at all, but the two bets that GenWyzgy had lose definitely lost.

Mainly, I didn't want people to be betting amounts that weren't whole dollars, so I have all results always round down; it worked the same way last year.
Mission146
Mission146
January 17th, 2024 at 12:54:37 PM permalink
Picks are due by NOON, Saturday, January 20th, 2024. Reminders will be sent to all who have not made their Picks on Friday morning.

Greetings!

The applicable rules for this week, specifically, are as follows:

Quote:

2e.) All players will make no fewer than three bets in the Divisional Round of the Playoffs. (However, if it is only possible to make two-$$$-that is permitted)

2f.) All players will make no greater than ten bets in the Divisional Round of the Playoffs.

2g.) The minimum bet for the Divisional Round of the Playoffs shall be $50, per bet.

2h.) The maximum bet for the Divisional Round of the Playoffs shall be $150, per bet.

In terms of making at least three bets, every player can do that whilst satisfying the minimum bet amount for all three. We shouldn't have any issues this week.

It looks like the AFC tried to justify this being called the, 'Divisional Round,' as they sent one team from each division; good job! Unfortunately, the NFC East does not have a representative; worse than, the NFC North (the only Division twice represented this round) teams aren't playing each other.

This is undoubtedly a, 'Conference Semi Final,' sort of year.

The Conference Semi-Final lines are as follows:

GAME 1: HOUSTON TEXANS @ BALTIMORE RAVENS

1a.) Houston Texans +9.5 +100
1b.) Baltimore Ravens -9.5 +100
1c.) Houston Texans TO WIN +370
1d.) Baltimore Ravens TO WIN -370
1e.) Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens OVER 43.5 +100
1f.) Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens UNDER 43.5 +100

GAME 2: GREEN BAY PACKERS @ SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

2a.) Green Bay Packers +9.5 +100
2b.) San Francisco 49ers -9.5 +100
2c.) Green Bay Packers TO WIN +380
2d.) San Francisco 49ers TO WIN -380
2e.) Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers OVER 50.5 +100
2f.) Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers UNDER 50.5 +100

GAME 3: TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS @ DETROIT LIONS

3a.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +6.5 +100
3b.) Detroit Lions -6.5 +100
3c.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +240
3d.) Detroit Lions TO WIN -240
3e.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions OVER 48.5 +100
3f.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions UNDER 48.5 +100

GAME 4: KANSAS CITY CHIEFS @ BUFFALO BILLS

4a.) Kansas City Chiefs +2.5 +100
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100
4c.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN +130
4d.) Buffalo Bills TO WIN -130
4e.) Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills OVER 45 +100
4f.) Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills UNDER 45 +100

Picks are due by NOON, Saturday, January 20th, 2024. Reminders will be sent to all who have not made their Picks on Friday morning.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
Mission146
January 17th, 2024 at 1:28:24 PM permalink
VegasBrent is on the top line of my table where the column headings normally are.

Genwyzygy does indeed have 672.5 or 672. The error was that his 2f bet was not scored, so treated as a push.

I'm developing a simple matrix approach to a spreadsheet that should fix most of these problems, but I would be happy to stand down and let you do the scoring. The major issue is that I think most players don't want to wait several days until they know where they stand in the contest.
Last edited by: gordonm888 on Jan 17, 2024
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
Mission146
January 17th, 2024 at 2:28:08 PM permalink
No one (should) cares what I pick. I considered taking Chiefs and Chiefs +2.5 as emotional hedges. Like if Bills win I’d be happy to lose this contest. But I’m all in. Took Bills both ways.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
Vegasbrent
January 18th, 2024 at 8:00:28 AM permalink

VegasBrent is on the top line of my table where the column headings normally are.

Genwyzygy does indeed have 672.5 or 672. The error was that his 2f bet was not scored, so treated as a push.

I'm developing a simple matrix approach to a spreadsheet that should fix most of these problems, but I would be happy to stand down and let you do the scoring. The major issue is that I think most players don't want to wait several days until they know where they stand in the contest.
link to original post

Haha! That's not unfair.

In my defense, though I'm not always punctual, I did do a partial grading on Monday morning. I fully intended to grade the rest of the Picks Tuesday morning, but then I saw that you had already done it (or close to) Monday night. That's the only reason I didn't finish my grading until yesterday.

I missed VegasBrent where it would normally be headers; that's my mistake.

I'm fine with both of us doing the scoring or I can just do it. I would say that there aren't going to be any substantial delays on this game. For example, I'll probably do Saturday's games Sunday morning and Sunday games Monday morning; I might also just do all of it Monday morning, but barring something unexpected, it won't be later than that. I certainly don't mind having a second pair of eyes; the next mistake I make will hardly be the first of my life.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
Vegasbrent
January 20th, 2024 at 8:01:10 AM permalink
Greetings!

Everyone can expect the Picks to be up within a few minutes after noon. I'm only waiting on one set of Picks and have already made my own. I did confirm that the player I'm waiting for was sent a reminder and he was.

With that, Picks will be posted within minutes of him providing his Picks or within minutes of noon. I plan to have everything except his Picks (if they have not already been made) ready to be posted by 11:59, so no delays on this one.
PlayYourCardsRight
PlayYourCardsRight
Thanked by
Mission146Vegasbrent
January 20th, 2024 at 8:31:12 AM permalink
Confirming Mission's picks received at 957 AM
Mission146
Mission146
January 20th, 2024 at 9:03:33 AM permalink
Greetings!

The Conference Semi-Final Picks are as follows:

Mission146:
3c.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +240---$150
1c.) Houston Texans TO WIN +370---$150
2c.) Green Bay Packers TO WIN +380---$150
4c.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN +130---$104

Starting Bankroll: $554
Amount Bet: $554
New Bankroll:

Odiousgambit:
2c.) Green Bay Packers TO WIN +380---$100
3b.) Detroit Lions -6.5 +100---$100
4a.) Kansas City Chiefs +2.5 +100---$100

Starting Bankroll: $550
Amount Bet: $300 ($250 Remaining)
New Bankroll:

GenWyzgy:
1e Texans Over 43.5---$150
3a Buccaneers +6.5---$50
4e Chiefs over 45---$100

Starting Bankroll: $672
Amount Bet: $300 ($372 Remaining)
New Bankroll:

DJChaps:
3e.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions OVER 48.5 +100---$50
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$75
4e.) Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills OVER 45 +100---$50

Starting Bankroll: $175
Amount Bet: $175
New Bankroll:

Sparty10k:
1f) Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens UNDER 43.5 +100---$100
2b) San Francisco 49ers -9.5 +100---$150
3f) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions UNDER 48.5 +100 $100
4c) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN +130---$150
4f) Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills UNDER 45 +100---$150

Starting Bankroll: $755
Amount Bet: $650 ($105 Remaining)
New Bankroll:

PlayYourCardsRight:
1f.) Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens UNDER 43.5 +100---$75
2b.) San Francisco 49ers -9.5 +100---$50
2e.) Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers OVER 50.5 +100---$75
3d.) Detroit Lions TO WIN -240---$150
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$100
4e.) Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills OVER 45 +100---$100

Starting Bankroll: $558
Amount Bet: $550 ($8 Remaining)
New Bankroll:

jml24:
1a.) Houston Texans +9.5 +100---$150
2a.) Green Bay Packers +9.5 +100---$150
3b.) Detroit Lions -6.5 +100---$150
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$150

Starting Bankroll: $600
Amount Bet: $600
New Bankroll:

IndyJeffrey
4f.) Buffalo Bills UNDER 45 ---$150
1f.) Baltimore Ravens UNDER 43.5 ---$100
***3b.) Detroit Lions -6.5 -- $100

Starting Bankroll: $350
Amount Bet: $350

***Originally, IndyJeffrey bet $150 on this game, but he exceeded his bankroll by $50 in so doing. I randomly selected a game to subtract $50 from IndyJeffrey's bet amount and this is the game that won.

scolist:
1e.) Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens OVER 43.5 +100---$50
2f.) Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers UNDER 50.5 +100---$50
3e.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions OVER 48.5 +100---$50
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$50
4d.) Buffalo Bills TO WIN -130---$50

Amount Bet: $250 ($100 Remaining)
New Bankroll:

Unjon:
4a.) Kansas City Chiefs +2.5 +100 —$150
4c.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN +130 —$150
4e.) Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills OVER 45 +100 —$150

Starting Bankroll: $850
Amount Bet: $450 ($400 Remaining)
New Bankroll:

VegasBrent:
1e.) Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens OVER 43.5 +100---$50
2b.) San Francisco 49ers -9.5 +100---$100
2e.) Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers OVER 50.5 +100---$50
3a.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +6.5 +100---$100
4a.) Kansas City Chiefs +2.5 +100---$150
4c.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN +130---$50

Amount Bet: $500 ($350 Remaining)
New Bankroll:

ncfatcat:
1a. Houston +9.5---$100
3f. Buccaneers Under 48.5---$150
4f. Chiefs Under 45---$150

Starting Bankroll: $500
Amount Bet: $400 ($100 Remaining)
New Bankroll:

Joeman:
2c.) Green Bay Packers TO WIN +380 -- $50
3a.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +6.5 +100 -- $100
4c.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN +130 -- $70

Starting Bankroll: $220
Amount Bet: $220
New Bankroll:

JohnnyQ:
1c.) Houston Texans TO WIN +370---$100
2a.) Green Bay Packers +9.5 +100---$50
2f.) Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers UNDER 50.5 +100---$50
3c.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +240---$50
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$50

Amount Bet: $300 ($50 Remaining)
New Bankroll:

Johnzimbo:
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$150
4d.) Buffalo Bills TO WIN -130---$130
3a.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +6.5 +100---$150
3c.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +240---$70

Amount Bet: $500
New Bankroll:

SOOPOO:
1a. Houston Texans +9.5 +100---$150
1e. Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens OVER 43.5 +100---$150
3d. Detroit Lions TO WIN -240---$144
4b. Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$150
4d. Buffalo Bills TO WIN -130---$143

Starting Bankroll: $750
Amount Bet: $737 ($13 Remaining)
New Bankroll:

Gordonm888:
No Picks (Disqualified)
Mission146
Mission146
January 20th, 2024 at 9:08:39 AM permalink
I don't know why Gordon didn't make Picks; he's been online today. Perhaps he had to go somewhere in a hurry?

The only problem that I am seeing is that InDyJeffrey bet in excess of his bankroll by $50. The way I will resolve this issue is that I will randomly choose (from random.org) from numbers 1, 2 and 3 (top to bottom) and the first number to come up three times will have the bet amount reduced by $50. I will use my phone camera to capture the computer doing this and will also make a post when I start this process so that the timestamp of the video starts when the post does; actually, as long as I make sure not to edit the post, I'll include its actual submission in the video.
Mission146
Mission146
January 20th, 2024 at 9:11:08 AM permalink
I will now adjudicate which of IndyJeffrey's bets shall be reduced by $50.
Mission146
Mission146
January 20th, 2024 at 9:13:34 AM permalink
It has been ordained by the God of Randomness that IndyJeffrey's third listed bet (1's-0, 2's-2, 3's-3) shall be reduced by $50. The post with the Picks shall be edited to reflect this adjustment.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
Mission146unJon
January 20th, 2024 at 10:20:27 AM permalink
Yes, I'm out. Overtaken by circumstances - I have no excuses. Good luck to everyone
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
Thanked by
Mission146
January 21st, 2024 at 7:09:41 AM permalink

Yes, I'm out. Overtaken by circumstances - I have no excuses. Good luck to everyone
link to original post

Hope everything is ok.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
DJChapsIndyJeffrey
January 21st, 2024 at 7:24:52 AM permalink
Partial Grading (To be completed tomorrow morning, most likely):

Please note that I am slightly changing the way grades are presented for my own ease; instead of displaying (negative returns), those will just say 'LOSS.'

CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS:

Mission146:
3c.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +240---$150---LOSS
1c.) Houston Texans TO WIN +370---$150---LOSS
2c.) Green Bay Packers TO WIN +380---$150---LOSS
4c.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN +130---$104---RETURN $249

Starting Bankroll: $554
Amount Bet: $554
New Bankroll: $249

Odiousgambit:
2c.) Green Bay Packers TO WIN +380---$100---LOSS
3b.) Detroit Lions -6.5 +100---$100---RETURNS $200
4a.) Kansas City Chiefs +2.5 +100---$100---RETURNS $200

Starting Bankroll: $550
Amount Bet: $300 ($250 Remaining)
New Bankroll: $650

GenWyzgy:
1e Texans Over 43.5---$150---RETURN $300
3a Buccaneers +6.5---$50---LOSS
4e Chiefs over 45---$100---RETURNS $200

Starting Bankroll: $672
Amount Bet: $300 ($372 Remaining)
New Bankroll: $872

DJChaps:
3e.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions OVER 48.5 +100---$50---RETURNS $100
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$75---LOSS
4e.) Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills OVER 45 +100---$50---RETURNS $100

Starting Bankroll: $175
Amount Bet: $175
New Bankroll: $200

Sparty10k:
1f) Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens UNDER 43.5 +100---$100---LOSS
2b) San Francisco 49ers -9.5 +100---$150---LOSS
3f) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions UNDER 48.5 +100 $100---LOSS
4c) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN +130---$150---RETURNS $345
4f) Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills UNDER 45 +100---$150---LOSS

Starting Bankroll: $755
Amount Bet: $650 ($105 Remaining)
New Bankroll: $450

PlayYourCardsRight:
1f.) Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens UNDER 43.5 +100---$75---LOSS
2b.) San Francisco 49ers -9.5 +100---$50---LOSS
2e.) Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers OVER 50.5 +100---$75---LOSS
3d.) Detroit Lions TO WIN -240---$150---RETURNS $212
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$100---LOSS
4e.) Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills OVER 45 +100---$100---RETURNS $200

Starting Bankroll: $558
Amount Bet: $550 ($8 Remaining)
New Bankroll: $420

jml24:
1a.) Houston Texans +9.5 +100---$150---LOSS
2a.) Green Bay Packers +9.5 +100---$150---RETURNS $300
3b.) Detroit Lions -6.5 +100---$150---RETURNS $300
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$150---LOSS

Starting Bankroll: $600
Amount Bet: $600
New Bankroll: $600

IndyJeffrey
4f.) Buffalo Bills UNDER 45 ---$150---LOSS
1f.) Baltimore Ravens UNDER 43.5 ---$100---LOSS
***3b.) Detroit Lions -6.5 -- $100---RETURNS $200

Amount Bet: $350
New Bankroll: $200

***Originally, IndyJeffrey bet $150 on this game, but he exceeded his bankroll by $50 in so doing. I randomly selected a game to subtract $50 from IndyJeffrey's bet amount and this is the game that won.

scolist:
1e.) Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens OVER 43.5 +100---$50---RETURNS $100
2f.) Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers UNDER 50.5 +100---$50---RETURNS $100
3e.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions OVER 48.5 +100---$50---RETURNS $100
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$50---LOSS
4d.) Buffalo Bills TO WIN -130---$50---LOSS

Amount Bet: $250 ($100 Remaining)
New Bankroll: $400

Unjon:
4a.) Kansas City Chiefs +2.5 +100 —$150---RETURNS $300
4c.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN +130 —$150---RETURNS $345
4e.) Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills OVER 45 +100 —$150---RETURNS $300

Amount Bet: $450 ($400 Remaining)
New Bankroll: $1,345

VegasBrent:
1e.) Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens OVER 43.5 +100---$50---RETURNS $100
2b.) San Francisco 49ers -9.5 +100---$100---LOSS
2e.) Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers OVER 50.5 +100---$50---LOSS
3a.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +6.5 +100---$100---LOSS
4a.) Kansas City Chiefs +2.5 +100---$150---RETURNS $300
4c.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN +130---$50---RETURNS $115

Amount Bet: $500 ($350 Remaining)
New Bankroll: $865

ncfatcat:
1a. Houston +9.5---$100---LOSS
3f. Buccaneers Under 48.5---$150---LOSS
4f. Chiefs Under 45---$150---LOSS

Amount Bet: $400 ($100 Remaining)
New Bankroll: $100

Joeman:
2c.) Green Bay Packers TO WIN +380 -- $50---LOSS
3a.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +6.5 +100 -- $100---LOSS
4c.) Kansas City Chiefs TO WIN +130 -- $70---RETURN $161

Starting Bankroll: $220
Amount Bet: $220
New Bankroll: $161

JohnnyQ:
1c.) Houston Texans TO WIN +370---$100---LOSS
2a.) Green Bay Packers +9.5 +100---$50---RETURNS $100
2f.) Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers UNDER 50.5 +100---$50---RETURNS $100
3c.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +240---$50---LOSS
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$50---LOSS

Amount Bet: $300 ($50 Remaining)
New Bankroll: $250

Johnzimbo:
4b.) Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$150---LOSS
4d.) Buffalo Bills TO WIN -130---$130---LOSS
3a.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers +6.5 +100---$150---LOSS
3c.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers TO WIN +240---$70---LOSS

Amount Bet: $500
New Bankroll: ELIMINATED

SOOPOO:
1a. Houston Texans +9.5 +100---$150---LOSS
1e. Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens OVER 43.5 +100---$150---RETURNS $300
3d. Detroit Lions TO WIN -240---$144----RETURNS $204
4b. Buffalo Bills -2.5 +100---$150---LOSS
4d. Buffalo Bills TO WIN -130---$143---LOSS

Starting Bankroll: $750
Amount Bet: $737 ($13 Remaining)
New Bankroll: $517

Gordonm888:
No Picks (Disqualified)
link to original post

Last edited by: Mission146 on Jan 22, 2024
  • Jump to: