redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
December 20th, 2020 at 12:59:03 PM permalink
I had Texas A&M at 400-1 to win the national title. Heading into the weekend, I figured they would be frozen out. But I cannot believe they took Notre F****** Dame in their stead after ND laid a mega-egg.

I'm not sure this is as bad as quite a few years back when I had TCU at 50-1 to win the national title and they went into the last week of the regular season ranked second and undefeated. They won by 40, and when the playoff rankings were redone, they dropped to third. LOL. TCU was not in the Big 12 at the time, so they were not considered a "brand name." That gave us the Auburn versus Oregon title game.

This was on a par with that. The difference is, A&M had no shot versus Alabama this year, but TCU could have won the thing that season. Still, a 400-1 A&M gives you a lot of room to hedge.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 20th, 2020 at 3:20:07 PM permalink
The fact that Florida lost to LSU affected A&M and I believe they only had two wins against teams with winning records.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 20th, 2020 at 3:21:30 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

The fact that Florida lost to LSU affected A&M and I believe they only had two wins against teams with winning records.

The bookmakers said that Notre Dame against A&M would be a pickem so obvioulsy they are very even.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: