WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
July 20th, 2020 at 7:24:11 AM permalink
So glad to have a sport to bet on again. Im on a 5 team parlay. First play won with Tottenham yesterday (premier league).. the remaining four teams will go off Thursday (opening MLB) . Went with a favorite/over opening day combo. Yankees ML / Yankees over 7.5 / Dodgers ML / Dodgers over 8.5. There is little question that both Yanks and Dodgers will win... just a ? on the totals.. but if the batting line up, juiced balls, last years history, etc have any say in the matter, then the W's are coming. This 5 teamer pays about 18-1. GL fellas! PLAY BALL!!!!

Anyone have other plays for the MLB or NBA?
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
Commish
Commish
Joined: Jan 5, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 85
July 20th, 2020 at 8:14:54 AM permalink
Just a little insight into your wager. The Dodgers are like -300. The money in baseball is in finding winners under -150. If a team is not worth betting straight up they are not worth putting in a parlay. A -300 looks like they cannot lose but they do. Baseball is still played with a stick and a ball.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
July 20th, 2020 at 9:39:51 AM permalink
Quote: Commish

Just a little insight into your wager. The Dodgers are like -300. The money in baseball is in finding winners under -150. If a team is not worth betting straight up they are not worth putting in a parlay. A -300 looks like they cannot lose but they do. Baseball is still played with a stick and a ball.



Just a little insight to ur insight. I am very aware of the Dodgers odds which is actually - 330. The Run line is -2 1/2 runs. Both of these odds, I would never bet straight up.

Now why do I put it on the parlay? Here is a little insight into how I have been successful in sports wagering. I typically take my main play or two and wager about 70% of my event risk.. the other 30% I bet on a high payout parlay. I don't actually expect to win all my parlay but my main plays usually cover the cost of the parlay..I use the term free roll .

In this case I was risking $1000 .. of that I put 300 on Tottenham at +135, 300 on yankees at -130, and 300 on the parlay. Tottenham already won.

Now u question adding Dodgers on parlay... here is why. Given what I have already smoking of in this thread, this parlay is a windfall play witch I feel good about but I don't actually expect to hit. 300 will pay 5400 (18 - 1). Now if I only had a 4-team parlay and left out the Dodgers ML, then the parlay would only pay 13 to 1 (3900 ). So adding that extra Dodgers game at - 330, which I feel is a very good chance of winning, adds 5x to my parlay at no additional cost to me. Yes, anything can happen and the Dodgers could lose, but it is absolutely worth the extra play on the parlay.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 2669
July 20th, 2020 at 9:45:55 AM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

Just a little insight to ur insight. I am very aware of the Dodgers odds which is actually - 330. The Run line is -2 1/2 runs. Both of these odds, I would never bet straight up.

Now why do I put it on the parlay? Here is a little insight into how I have been successful in sports wagering. I typically take my main play or two and wager about 70% of my event risk.. the other 30% I bet on a high payout parlay. I don't actually expect to win all my parlay but my main plays usually cover the cost of the parlay..I use the term free roll .

In this case I was risking $1000 .. of that I put 300 on Tottenham at +135, 300 on yankees at -130, and 300 on the parlay. Tottenham already won.

Now u question adding Dodgers on parlay... here is why. Given what I have already smoking of in this thread, this parlay is a windfall play witch I feel good about but I don't actually expect to hit. 300 will pay 5400 (18 - 1). Now if I only had a 4-team parlay and left out the Dodgers ML, then the parlay would only pay 13 to 1 (3900 ). So adding that extra Dodgers game at - 330, which I feel is a very good chance of winning, adds 5x to my parlay at no additional cost to me. Yes, anything can happen and the Dodgers could lose, but it is absolutely worth the extra play on the parlay.



The difference between 18:1 and 13:1 is not 5x.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Commish
Commish
Joined: Jan 5, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 85
July 20th, 2020 at 10:10:00 AM permalink
I am glad to see you had a reason for your wager. Your calculations are a little off as the Dodgers only add 30 cents per dollar. That being said long range it does not add enough.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
July 20th, 2020 at 11:04:54 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

The difference between 18:1 and 13:1 is not 5x.



Ummm..ok, if u say so. How do u figure?
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 2669
Thanks for this post from:
rawtuff
July 20th, 2020 at 11:12:47 AM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

Ummm..ok, if u say so. How do u figure?



Math. The difference between 65:1 and 13:1 is 5x.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
July 20th, 2020 at 12:21:12 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Math. The difference between 65:1 and 13:1 is 5x.



You inability to grasp the math as it relates to my parlay difference is confounding. You need to read the entire post and understand sports and parlays... and try to grok the notion.

Parlay fixed number - 300
- 300 dollar 5 team Parlay with the dodgers on the parlay payout is 5400
- that same 300 dollar parlay without the dodgers on it (4 team parlay) payout is 3900.
- difference of 1500 on that same 300 dollar parlay
- 300 into 1500 is 5x with same dollar value risk
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 2669
July 20th, 2020 at 12:25:39 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

You inability to grasp the math as it relates to my parlay difference is confounding. You need to read the entire post and understand sports and parlays... and try to grok the notion.

Parlay fixed number - 300
- 300 dollar 5 team Parlay with the dodgers on the parlay payout is 5400
- that same 300 dollar parlay without the dodgers on it (4 team parlay) payout is 3900.
- difference of 1500 on that same 300 dollar parlay
- 300 into 1500 is 5x with same dollar value risk



Oh I grok. Call it differing views, but the way I see it, adding the Dodgers does change the “dollar value risk.” You are risking the potential $3,900 parlay win by adding them.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 1966
July 20th, 2020 at 12:31:27 PM permalink
Inline with this thread's title (if not its current content) is this article asking if we'll soon be able to wager on the biometrics (heart rate, blood pressure etc) of athletes during games.

Story at Hollywood Reporter
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.

  • Jump to: