Thread Rating:

redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
November 4th, 2019 at 7:33:09 AM permalink
I'm breaking hiatus to report an unprecedented NFL event. Heading into this week, NFL road teams were 72-43 ATS with a couple of pushes. That +29 had never been reached at any point in a season or at the conclusion of a season, in terms of road/home or home/road.

This week, the home teams went 12-0 ATS, also unprecedented.

I perceived no distortion in the lines due to the +29, although perhaps the Steelers (with a backup QB) deserved to be -2 or thereabouts rather than the opening Pick, which would have been a game that swung on a line distortion.

So this season to this point, and this week, were historic anomalous events.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
Thanked by
Joeman
November 4th, 2019 at 9:37:04 AM permalink
I thought you were going to mention two RB's with 13500 or more yards on opposite sides in the same game. (Peterson and Gore)

Or 3 QBs all with same last name starting (Allen).

Or second place team in division 5 games ahead of 3rd place team after 8 games (Bills and Dolphins/Jets)

Or that a slice of pizza (It was very big) would be $14 in the Club seats at the Bills/Skins game.
redietz
redietz
November 4th, 2019 at 10:35:01 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I thought you were going to mention two RB's with 13500 or more yards on opposite sides in the same game. (Peterson and Gore)

Or 3 QBs all with same last name starting (Allen).

Or second place team in division 5 games ahead of 3rd place team after 8 games (Bills and Dolphins/Jets)

Or that a slice of pizza (It was very big) would be $14 in the Club seats at the Bills/Skins game.

You skipped all of the Atlanta QBs being named Matt (Ryan, Schaub, Simms), which still freaks me out.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
November 4th, 2019 at 11:21:39 AM permalink
Quote: redietz

You skipped all of the Atlanta QBs being named Matt (Ryan, Schaub, Simms), which still freaks me out.

There was a time about 10 years ago, when Brady Quinn had come into the league, that the Jags had a backup QB named Quinn Gray. I thought it would be really fun if the Pats, Browns & Jaguars were to put together a trade that would have sent these two to New England so that their quarterback depth chart would read: Tom Brady, Brady Quinn, Quinn Gray.

Quote: SOOPOO

LOL!
Last edited by: Joeman on Nov 4, 2019
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
redietz
redietz
November 4th, 2019 at 3:16:33 PM permalink
You know, I broke my hiatus here because I thought this was historic and worth reporting. People in the business were aware of it, but I hadn't seen anything on basic public forums, which surprised me.

So it turns out that Kewl over on VCT pointed out the error of my ways and that technically I was wrong because Jacksonville was the designated home team in the London game and because Arizona didn't win Thursday. Well, Arizona did cover Thursday and anybody who says that Jacksonville played at home is welcome to believe anything they want.

And this is why I don't post on these forums unless someone is hyping some egregious system or is just completely wrong about something, along the lines of "Rob Singer."

People, in general, are just idiots.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 86
November 4th, 2019 at 3:39:14 PM permalink
We appreciate the information you’ve passed along!

For me, what makes sports interesting is when something unusual happens—like a safety in the Super Bowl or an inside-the-park home run. Or longer-term oddities like the Red Sox or Cubs not winning a World Series for 80+ years, or your examples of historic performances against the spread.

It would seem the Wizard’s advice on betting road underdogs was especially sound this season—until this week!
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
smoothgrh
November 4th, 2019 at 8:16:15 PM permalink
What about tonight's Monday Night Football game - Cowboys at Giants - turning into a cute cat video.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
redietz
redietz
November 4th, 2019 at 8:50:35 PM permalink
We have a mean black cat, but the cat on the field looked like a New York/New Jersey linebacker cat. He looked like the kind of big dude who can deal with New York wharf rats.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 5th, 2019 at 6:58:24 AM permalink
In September of 69, the Cubs came to Shea to play the surging Miracle Mets and a similar incident occurred. Midgame, a black cat ran across the field and by the Cubs dugout. Mets swept the series, soon went past the Cubs into first place and won a.place in baseball lore.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
November 5th, 2019 at 7:40:09 AM permalink

I am just an 'old' idiot, way different from an idiot under 60.
I see things differently than most others
Covers shows this:

AGAINST THE SPREAD TRENDS (ATS)
season to date
Away Teams: 75-58-2: 56.39%

AGAINST THE SPREAD TRENDS (ATS)
Last 30 days
Away Teams: 34-36-1: 48.57%

seems very normal to me

https://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/trends/league/season30.html
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
November 5th, 2019 at 7:41:37 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

In September of 69, the Cubs came to Shea to play the surging Miracle Mets and a similar incident occurred. Midgame, a black cat ran across the field and by the Cubs dugout. Mets swept the series, soon went past the Cubs into first place and won a.place in baseball lore.

Thank's for reminding me! (I did get mt cat back, by the way!)
redietz
redietz
November 5th, 2019 at 7:55:20 AM permalink
Reading comprehension seems to be on a decline, 7craps. Just a heads-up.

That's what the phrase "heading into this week" means. If you deduct the 0-12 ATS from the 75-58-2 ATS, you get 75-46-2, which is roughly the same as what I reported, international games aside.

I know, math, reading -- it's all too much. Best to correct the dude who posted without actually reading carefully, or at all.

And this is why I do not post. Mensans who can't read or add. Life's a bitch.

I'm 62, last I checked. Not shooting for idiot status until I'm in the ground.
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
November 5th, 2019 at 4:43:44 PM permalink

This week, the home teams went 12-0 ATS, also unprecedented.

(never done or known before.)
does that mean it never happened before? going 12-0 in one week

try this
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1983/week_13.htm

home teams 14-0 record

14-0 and 12-0 are not the same
agree

why all this JUNK? (my 4 letter word for the month)
so MUCH TRASH TO TAKE OUT
(TRASH does not equal JUNK)

why call people IDIOTS
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/33899-histroic-nfl-event/#post745941

are all IDIOTS created equally?
I thought so
Last edited by: 7craps on Nov 5, 2019
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
  • Jump to: