Thread Rating:

Poll

1 vote (4.16%)
18 votes (75%)
1 vote (4.16%)
3 votes (12.5%)
3 votes (12.5%)
2 votes (8.33%)
5 votes (20.83%)
4 votes (16.66%)
3 votes (12.5%)
3 votes (12.5%)

24 members have voted

scolist
scolist
Joined: Mar 16, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 33
August 28th, 2019 at 9:14:18 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

At this point, I'm thinking of buying three entries, so there should be plenty of room for piggy-backers.



Will your picks be the same across all three entries?
There's no way out of here When you come in You're in for good There was no promise made The part you played The chance...........you took
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 7740
August 28th, 2019 at 9:50:23 AM permalink
For $100, am I getting 1/15th of one pool or 1/45th of three pools combined?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 5790
August 28th, 2019 at 10:13:25 AM permalink
Quote: scolist

Will your picks be the same across all three entries?

That would be like buying 3 mega millions tickets with all the same numbers! I expect Mike to be able to find a way to not do that.
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 1559
August 28th, 2019 at 10:55:57 AM permalink
Count me in for $100

They talk about this contest on VSIN radio often. I believe Circa sportsbook is already fully up and running.

And there is a prize at the end of each 4 weeks for whichever entry had the best record over those prior 4 weeks. Itís $10,000 and it gets spilt amongst all ties. Thatís if the contest the wizard is referring to is the same one Derek Stevens talks about on the radio
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 4920
August 28th, 2019 at 11:01:50 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

That would be like buying 3 mega millions tickets with all the same numbers! I expect Mike to be able to find a way to not do that.



Some times that is a decent strategy in the early weeks of a contest if you really like those five games. If you have three entries all doing well going into the second half of the season you can start making different bets hoping to get one ticket to the top.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1223
  • Posts: 20327
Thanks for this post from:
scolist
August 28th, 2019 at 11:24:57 AM permalink
Quote: scolist

Will your picks be the same across all three entries?



No. There would probably be some overlap. I'm thinking about three strong picks on each entry and mix it up on the other two.

I'm going to Arizona this weekend, but plan to buy three entries shortly after, maybe Monday night, if the number of entries is still under 1400 or so. Piggybackers will have an equal square on all of them.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 231
  • Posts: 6496
August 28th, 2019 at 1:20:40 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

No. There would probably be some overlap. I'm thinking about three strong picks on each entry and mix it up on the other two.

I'm going to Arizona this weekend, but plan to buy three entries shortly after, maybe Monday night, if the number of entries is still under 1400 or so. Piggybackers will have an equal square on all of them.



I'm considering this option since Mission's picks game seems oddly quiet. However, can you please clarify how the shares work? Are there 3,000 shares @$1 each available with a minimum buy of x shares?, or could there be more than 3,000 shares sold? How will any winnings be divided? I would be comfortable with you taking half for the trouble and the knowledgeable picks, with the other half divided equally among the 3,000 shares. But is this how it will work?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
gordonm888
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 1896
August 28th, 2019 at 2:31:29 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

I'm considering this option since Mission's picks game seems oddly quiet. However, can you please clarify how the shares work? Are there 3,000 shares @$1 each available with a minimum buy of x shares?, or could there be more than 3,000 shares sold? How will any winnings be divided? I would be comfortable with you taking half for the trouble and the knowledgeable picks, with the other half divided equally among the 3,000 shares. But is this how it will work?



You asked a good question, Ayecarumba, but then you proceeded to answer it with a hypothetical scenario that would not be acceptable to me - and that would be outside the normal "set of terms" for these kinds of investments.

Wizard taking half the equity of the tickets as his "fee" and having the other half of any winnings split according to the amount that each of us put up (including Wizard's share for his own cash investment) - that would be too much for me to participate. I consider myself to be an investor in a (very) long shot investment; the investors are helping Wizard by allowing him to play three different tickets without putting up his own money for the total amount (into a wager that, after all, has a very high probability of being a total loss.)

Let's allow Wizard to answer the question without guessing what his response will be.
Last edited by: gordonm888 on Aug 28, 2019
Sometimes, people are just a bottomless mystery. And, after all, this is just a sh*tty little forum in the sun-less backwaters of the online world.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1223
  • Posts: 20327
Thanks for this post from:
unJonscolistgordonm888
August 28th, 2019 at 2:48:07 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

I'm considering this option since Mission's picks game seems oddly quiet. However, can you please clarify how the shares work? Are there 3,000 shares @$1 each available with a minimum buy of x shares?, or could there be more than 3,000 shares sold? How will any winnings be divided? I would be comfortable with you taking half for the trouble and the knowledgeable picks, with the other half divided equally among the 3,000 shares. But is this how it will work?



I am offering a no-fee piggy-backing. What you win will be (gross winnings)*(your investment)/(total investment). I suppose I would accept tips for a job well done. I offer this only to long-time members in good standing.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
gordonm888
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 1896
August 28th, 2019 at 3:18:07 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

For $100, am I getting 1/15th of one pool or 1/45th of three pools combined?



1/30th of winnings from 3 entries (entries are $1,000 each)
Sometimes, people are just a bottomless mystery. And, after all, this is just a sh*tty little forum in the sun-less backwaters of the online world.

  • Jump to: