Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
Thanked by
Mission146
August 28th, 2019 at 12:49:28 PM permalink
I'm in.

Quote: gordonm888

To add your name to the list of participants, copy and paste it into your post and add your name.

1. terapined
2. Ayecarumba
3. Paradigm
4. Bruce 1
5. mwalz9
6. unJon
7. michael9900
8. JohnnyQ
9. Onenicklemiracle
10. SOOPOO
11. GenWyzgy
12. prozema
13. Gordonm888
14. rdw4potus
15. miplet
16. GWAE
17. Johnzimbo
18. scolist
19. IndyJeffrey
20. Joeman
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
Thanked by
Johnzimbomichael99000RSunJon
August 28th, 2019 at 6:33:57 PM permalink
I’m on it first thing in the morning.

I’ll send everyone on the list a PM, including those who played last year. I’ll also PM all new members within the last year who have at least ten posts.

I can probably handle accepting the payments. I’ve run the contest long enough and winners have been paid.

There’s also going to be a new prize this year, but you’ll have to wait until tomorrow to know about that.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
Thanked by
Mission146
August 28th, 2019 at 6:42:08 PM permalink
Oooooh, who doesn't love a surprise ?

And THANKS M146 for agreeing to do the heavy lifting. Is Ed around to help with the scoring ?
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
Mission146
August 28th, 2019 at 6:52:28 PM permalink
Thanks mission. Looking forward to it.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
JohnzimboMission146
August 28th, 2019 at 7:22:24 PM permalink
Ed was around last month, so I have some confidence he will play but can't speak for him.

I'm in.

I'm going to award 2 geek prizes. Most 6-0 or 5-0 weeks, and most 0-5 or 0-6 weeks, regardless of how you finish percentage-wise. I have 3 prizes to offer, so if someone thinks of a fun or unusual competition stat before week 1, let me know.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
kuma
kuma
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
Mission146
August 28th, 2019 at 10:29:57 PM permalink
1. terapined
2. Ayecarumba
3. Paradigm
4. Bruce 1
5. mwalz9
6. unJon
7. michael9900
8. JohnnyQ
9. Onenicklemiracle
10. SOOPOO
11. GenWyzgy
12. prozema
13. Gordonm888
14. rdw4potus
15. miplet
16. GWAE
17. Johnzimbo
18. scolist
19. IndyJeffrey
20. Joeman
21. kuma
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 12:13:44 AM permalink
1. terapined
2. Ayecarumba
3. Paradigm
4. Bruce 1
5. mwalz9
6. unJon
7. michael9900
8. JohnnyQ
9. Onenicklemiracle
10. SOOPOO
11. GenWyzgy
12. prozema
13. Gordonm888
14. rdw4potus
15. miplet
16. GWAE
17. Johnzimbo
18. scolist
19. IndyJeffrey
20. Joeman
21. kuma
22. djatc
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 5:39:24 AM permalink
Count me in

1. terapined
2. Ayecarumba
3. Paradigm
4. Bruce 1
5. mwalz9
6. unJon
7. michael9900
8. JohnnyQ
9. Onenicklemiracle
10. SOOPOO
11. GenWyzgy
12. prozema
13. Gordonm888
14. rdw4potus
15. miplet
16. GWAE
17. Johnzimbo
18. scolist
19. IndyJeffrey
20. Joeman
21. kuma
22. djatc
23. MidwestAP
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
Joeman
August 29th, 2019 at 1:34:16 PM permalink
Greetings!

The Official Thread for this game will be up within the hour, this game started as a friendly contest with just me throwing out a prize and I want to kind of get back to that. For that reason, we are not going to do pay the entry fees in advance anymore. Instead, everyone will pay whoever wins the entry fee at the end directly.

Since there are multiple prizes at the end, what I will do is randomly decide who is paying who by assigning all losing participants a number and using a random number generator. If someone wins one (or more) of my prizes, then I will deduct the Entry Fee from that amount and pay the winner the Entry Fee and pay the prize winner the balance.

For example, Most Average pays $75. If someone wins Most Average, I will pay the winner $25 Entry Fee on that person's behalf and pay the Most Average winner the remaining $50. Pretty straightforward.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 1:37:45 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

has anyone heard from Ed, I think mission relies on his setup for the grading

It makes it much easier, for sure!!! I did it by hand the first year or two, though.
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 2:08:47 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Greetings!

The Official Thread for this game will be up within the hour, this game started as a friendly contest with just me throwing out a prize and I want to kind of get back to that. For that reason, we are not going to do pay the entry fees in advance anymore. Instead, everyone will pay whoever wins the entry fee at the end directly.

Since there are multiple prizes at the end, what I will do is randomly decide who is paying who by assigning all losing participants a number and using a random number generator. If someone wins one (or more) of my prizes, then I will deduct the Entry Fee from that amount and pay the winner the Entry Fee and pay the prize winner the balance.

For example, Most Average pays $75. If someone wins Most Average, I will pay the winner $25 Entry Fee on that person's behalf and pay the Most Average winner the remaining $50. Pretty straightforward.

Ut oh. Rs can you provide a popcorn gif for me.
I am still in though
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 2:59:29 PM permalink
Here's the Official Thread:

https://www.wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/33548-official-2019-wov-picks-game-thread/#post737078

Who will be the first to give their thoughts on the new weekly prize?
scolist
scolist
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
Mission146IndyJeffrey
August 29th, 2019 at 3:56:42 PM permalink

Here's the Official Thread:

https://www.wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/33548-official-2019-wov-picks-game-thread/#post737078

Who will be the first to give their thoughts on the new weekly prize?

First I have to say that it's very generous of you to donate your money to the prizes. Thank You!

I like the idea of the weekly prize, even though I only made one confidence pick all last season, and that was in week 17, and it was just my attempt to win the "You Suck" award. Maybe this year I can do better.
There's no way out of here When you come in You're in for good There was no promise made The part you played The chance...........you took
Mission146
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 4:07:26 PM permalink
Quote: scolist

First I have to say that it's very generous of you to donate your money to the prizes. Thank You!

I like the idea of the weekly prize, even though I only made one confidence pick all last season, and that was in week 17, and it was just my attempt to win the "You Suck" award. Maybe this year I can do better.

You're welcome!

---My thinking with the weekly prize is that it can keep people invested in the game every single week, because there's always something that can be won. Even though not many people were mathematically eliminated from all prizes last year, it did look pretty hopeless for some of them. Also, even if a player misses multiple weeks (as long as weeks 1 and 2 aren't those weeks), they can still qualify for the Perfection Bonus in any given week.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
Ayecarumba
August 29th, 2019 at 4:15:06 PM permalink
UPDATE AND STUFF FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE PLAYED BEFORE

There were over fifty unique participants in the game from 2016-2018, those people and anyone on the list in this thread have been sent a PM. There are a few Rule changes this year that I would like to address:

1.) We are on the honor system. If you lose, then you must pay the winner $25, unless you win one of the consolation prizes, then part of that is I pay the winner on your behalf and you get the remainder.

2.) I have introduced a new weekly prize:

Quote:

Perfection Bonus

In order to win the Perfection Bonus, you MUST make a Confidence Pick and have a 6-0 week. The Perfection Bonus pays $10/week which accumulates if there are no perfect records for the week before. If more than one player has a perfect record that week, then any accumulated amount will be split between them. These bonuses will be paid out at the end of the season and tallied until then.

If nobody wins the Perfection Bonus in Week 17 (and any weeks leading up to that without a winner) then I just save that money. If I win the Perfection Bonus, then I just save that money.

3.) Default Picks will be permitted, but they are now standardized and this is how they work:

Quote:

If you wish to avoid unintentionally skipping a week, then you may submit Default Picks. However, in order to avoid controversy, (and make my life easier) Default Picks are limited to selecting sixteen NFL Teams and your picks will automatically be those teams in the order listed GAME TOTAL-OVER picks. If we go to your Default Picks, none of them shall be a Confidence Pick and you do not qualify for the Perfection Bonus that week.

4.) You forfeit the right to win any consolation prize if you miss multiple weeks, however, you can still qualify for the Perfection Bonus every week.

5.) I am serious about Pick formatting this time. I know I always say that, but I really am this time. It starts to be enforced in Week 3.

6.) Pick Reminders are only guaranteed for Week 1 and are otherwise considered a courtesy. Making your picks is not my responsibility, but I will try to send the reminders.

Other than that, the Rules are basically verbatim from previous years.

Please ask if you have any questions, let's have another great season!
Mission146
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 4:18:23 PM permalink
Before anyone asks, only a 6-0 record qualifies for the Perfection Bonus. A Push is considered imperfect even though you might have an X-0 record that week; it must be 6-0.
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
Mission146RS
August 29th, 2019 at 4:29:34 PM permalink
Geeee I got 7 PMS mission. I felt liked for a second
Mission146
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 4:31:42 PM permalink

Geeee I got 7 PMS mission. I felt liked for a second

The site hung up for a second! LOL. I thought it was my keyboard, so I was slamming the enter button in frustration. Sorry about that! I do like you, though.
Mission146
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 5:26:44 PM permalink
Mission's Preseason Vitriol Takes

Okay, let's look at our NFL Week 1 matchups in 100 words or less! If I'm going to run this contest, then all of you get the displeasure of watching me think that I am funny. LOL

Packers @ Bears This will be interesting because the Bears D should be a serious threat again this year that makes the team a potential playoff contender. That same D will start the season by seeing if they can stifle GM, Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Partial Owner, Concession Stand Manager and Quarterback, Aaron Rodgers. If LeBron James can force coaches out at will, so can he.

Chiefs @ Jaguars The Chiefs may wish they can skip straight to their inevitable Divisional or Conference Championship loss to the Patriots, but first they have to play sixteen regular season games. The first shall come against Big ***k Nick and the Jacksonville Jaguars who have a solid passing threat for the first time since.....okay, moving on:

Falcons @ Vikings The Vikings might win this one by a score of 28-3, or maybe it will be something closer like 34-28. For the Vikings' sake, I just hope the game doesn't come down to a field goal attempt that I could make.

Titans @ Browns It doesn't seem that long ago that this game didn't matter, but both of these potential playoff contenders are looking to come out of the gate hot. The Titans incompetent ownership, interested in replacing Marcus Mariota, decided to try to convince Steve McNair to come out of retirement only to realize that he has been dead for several years. Calls to Warren Moon went unreturned.

Bills @ Jets SPOILER: The Patriots win the division anyway.

Ravens @ Dolphins The Ravens have finally eliminated the most overpaid mediocre quarterback (don't forget Kirk Cousins!), excuse me, the second-most overpaid mediocre quarterback in NFL history in Joe Flacco. Flacco will retire with as many Super Bowl rings as eyebrows: 1. As far as the Dolphins, partial spoiler, the Patriots win the division anyway.

Redskins @ Eagles "Redskins Quarterback," I am legally required to disclose, is now rated as the 17th most dangerous job in America. It remains to be seen what glorified third-stringer will start this game, but you can be sure J.P. Losman will make a comeback in Week 11 after two quarterbacks on the current roster are killed on the field. In the same game. The Eagles face a similar problem with injury-prone Carson Wentz (and no Foles), they traded the wrong quarterback. They'll be okay until Week 11 or so.

Rams @ Panthers Let's see if the vaunted and high-powered offense of the Los Angeles (still awful to type, sorry St. Louis) Rams can keep that Super Bowl momentum going against the Carolina Panthers, who will likely continue to actively try to kill Cam Newton.

Colts @ Chargers The Colts are all out of Luck this year. Phillip Rivers is still around for the Chargers, but will likely finish his career with as many Super Bowl wins as Luck. There will be a capacity crowd of 537 for this one.

Bengals @ Seahawks It'll be interesting to see what the Seahawks can do with Russel Wilson using approximately 124% of the team's cap space. In the meantime, the Bengals are coached by a man named, NOT MARVIN LEWIS, so that's at least an improvement.

Giants @ Cowboys They should give the Giants' receivers a five yard head start just to make it fair. Who are the Giants receivers? Your guess is as good as mine. In the meantime, the Cowboys will underperform once again, but look really exciting doing it. Ezekiel Elliott is already planning to hump a stuffed turkey for his Thanksgiving game TD celebration. It will be both immature and glorious.

49ers @ Buccaneers Do I really have to pretend to care?

Lions @ Cardinals The Cardinals are already planning to trade QB Kyler Murray at the end of this season for a sixth-round draft pick in 2027. The Lions have the chance to get the 2019 campaign off to a great start since they are spotted a game against a college football team. They'll finish the season 5-11 and Matt Patricia will get a five-year extension because he talked to Bill Belichick once.

Steelers @ Patriots Lo, ye sinners and false prophets who before and again blasphemously proclaimed the downfall of the only true Lord and Savior, Tom Brady. We shall watch his miracles and come to know that SEVEN is HEAVEN, in the meantime, all you haters can #EatABagOfSix.

Texans @ Saints These two teams have the experience and talent to be Super Bowl contenders. They'll both be out before the Divisional Round of the Playoffs.

Broncos @ Raiders What a sorry state this world is in. We have Jon Elway who can only sign a good quarterback if it is a no-brainer (Manning). Flacco is not a no-brainer. On the other side, Antonio Brown is too busy getting cold feet and worrying about internet trolling Ben Roethlisberger on Twitter to even know what day this game is scheduled for. It's Monday, Antonio. You know, the one that's two days after the day you actually decide to participate in practice?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
August 29th, 2019 at 5:35:01 PM permalink
I don't understand this sentence.

Default Picks are limited to selecting sixteen NFL Teams and your picks will automatically be those teams in the order listed GAME TOTAL-OVER picks.

Can you be a bit more detailed, perhaps with an example, please?
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
August 29th, 2019 at 5:40:58 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I don't understand this sentence.

Default Picks are limited to selecting sixteen NFL Teams and your picks will automatically be those teams in the order listed GAME TOTAL-OVER picks.

Can you be a bit more detailed, perhaps with an example, please?

Even including bye weeks and Thursday/Saturday games, if you provide a list of sixteen different teams, at least five of those teams will be playing a team other than each other. Starting from the top of your list, the default picks will be each team taking the OVER on total points scored. If two of those teams are playing one another, the second one listed will be skipped.

For example, if your list went:

Steelers
Patriots
Rams
Colts
Chargers
Falcons
Titans
Bills
Dolphins
Eagles
49ers
Seahawks
Steelers
Browns
Bengals
Lions

You would be taking:

Steelers-OVER
Rams-OVER
Colts-OVER
Falcons-OVER
Titans-OVER

As your Week 1 picks.
IndyJeffrey
IndyJeffrey
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 6:14:46 PM permalink
The winner has the highest winning percentage, assuming s/he missed no more than two weeks. Agree?

Are we required to pick six every week we enter? Can I still pick only four or five if I so choose? Understand I will be ineligible for the perfection prize of the week.
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 6:55:20 PM permalink
Quote: IndyJeffrey

The winner has the highest winning percentage, assuming s/he missed no more than two weeks. Agree?

Are we required to pick six every week we enter? Can I still pick only four or five if I so choose? Understand I will be ineligible for the perfection prize of the week.

Guess I should let mission reply but...

You MUST pick 5 every week. You get to 6 by having a confidence pick which counts as 2. You do not have a confidence pick but you must always have 5 picks
Mission146
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 7:29:42 PM permalink

Guess I should let mission reply but...

You MUST pick 5 every week. You get to 6 by having a confidence pick which counts as 2. You do not have a confidence pick but you must always have 5 picks

That’s right! Also to the first part of IndyJeffrey’s question, the highest winning percentage is the winner no matter what, it’s just all missed weeks after the first one are 0-5 weeks.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
Thanked by
Mission146
August 30th, 2019 at 5:56:47 AM permalink
Here I am - you can breathe easy now [unless you were going for the "you suck" honors* right from the beginning]

1. terapined
2. Ayecarumba
3. Paradigm
4. Bruce 1
5. mwalz9
6. unJon
7. michael9900
8. JohnnyQ
9. Onenicklemiracle
10. SOOPOO
11. GenWyzgy
12. prozema
13. Gordonm888
14. rdw4potus
15. miplet
16. GWAE
17. Johnzimbo
18. scolist
19. IndyJeffrey
20. Joeman
21. kuma
22. djatc
23. MidwestAP
24. Odiousgambit

*I haven't read the rules yet. Maybe there is no prize, but somebody will suck the most anyway
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
Mission146
August 30th, 2019 at 2:27:20 PM permalink
I'm adding money if Axelwolf plays. It's a separate category requiring a late entry each week. Have another if Prozema plays, and he is. That's going to be early entry. I defend both regardless of when I submit my picks. Full details will be available soon.
I am a robot.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
Thanked by
Mission146
August 30th, 2019 at 2:41:30 PM permalink

I'm going to award 2 geek prizes. Most 6-0 or 5-0 weeks, and most 0-5 or 0-6 weeks, regardless of how you finish percentage-wise. I have 3 prizes to offer, so if someone thinks of a fun or unusual competition stat before week 1, let me know.

Thanks for the side games BBB! How about:

Wins/Losses closest to pi

Largest number among those with Wins-Losses = Prime

"Man out of Mac": Losing team with the exact mirror record of the contest winner. Only awarded if it is an exact mirror and not tied by another team (e.g., if the winner of the contest ends up with has a 60-29 record, the M.O.O.M award goes to the team that finishes 29-60... but only if they are the only one with that record).
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
Mission146
August 30th, 2019 at 3:03:02 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Thanks for the side games BBB! How about:

Wins/Losses closest to pi

Largest number among those with Wins-Losses = Prime

"Man out of Mac": Losing team with the exact mirror record of the contest winner. Only awarded if it is an exact mirror and not tied by another team (e.g., if the winner of the contest ends up with has a 60-29 record, the M.O.O.M award goes to the team that finishes 29-60... but only if they are the only one with that record).

Boy, I like both of pi and Man out of Mac, especially the latter! I might have to look and see if I don't have a 4th geek prize.

The ones I have at the moment are:

BB-8 warm up jacket.
2 Schrodinger's Cat mugs.
NCC-1701 wireless WiFi repeater speaker.

All new and unused in packages.

Those Charles Atlas ads were in the back of all our comic books when I was a kid. And people behaved like that, too. I always wondered whether it was a chicken-and-egg thing. As in, whether he caused bullies to act like that with those ads, or whether he was observing how people were and pitching his sales to the victims.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
odiousgambitMission146
August 30th, 2019 at 8:36:41 PM permalink
I'm just going to enter:

Miami.

Will I win this way? I read on the internet somewhere where a transvestite won many contests this way just by picking MIami. AP move.
I am a robot.
Sparty10k
Sparty10k
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
Mission146
August 30th, 2019 at 8:47:08 PM permalink
1. terapined
2. Ayecarumba
3. Paradigm
4. Bruce 1
5. mwalz9
6. unJon
7. michael9900
8. JohnnyQ
9. Onenicklemiracle
10. SOOPOO
11. GenWyzgy
12. prozema
13. Gordonm888
14. rdw4potus
15. miplet
16. GWAE
17. Johnzimbo
18. scolist
19. IndyJeffrey
20. Joeman
21. kuma
22. djatc
23. MidwestAP
24. Odiousgambit
25. Sparty10k
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
Thanked by
Mission146beachbumbabs
August 30th, 2019 at 10:19:32 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I'm adding money if Axelwolf plays. It's a separate category requiring a late entry each week. Have another if Prozema plays, and he is. That's going to be early entry. I defend both regardless of when I submit my picks. Full details will be available soon.

Early entry? Did my wife call you again?!?
Mission146
Mission146
September 3rd, 2019 at 3:10:14 PM permalink
Quote: Sparty10k

1. terapined
2. Ayecarumba
3. Paradigm
4. Bruce 1
5. mwalz9
6. unJon
7. michael9900
8. JohnnyQ
9. Onenicklemiracle
10. SOOPOO
11. GenWyzgy
12. prozema
13. Gordonm888
14. rdw4potus
15. miplet
16. GWAE
17. Johnzimbo
18. scolist
19. IndyJeffrey
20. Joeman
21. kuma
22. djatc
23. MidwestAP
24. Odiousgambit
25. Sparty10k

26. RisingDough
27. Wizard
28. Mission146
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
September 3rd, 2019 at 4:42:21 PM permalink

26. RisingDough
27. Wizard
28. Mission146

I keep getting left off these lists, even with the prizes I'm providing. Let's fix that.
29. beachbumbabs
prozema
prozema
September 3rd, 2019 at 6:53:52 PM permalink
Maybe I'm missing it but Ed is not on the list.
Mission146
Mission146
September 3rd, 2019 at 6:59:26 PM permalink
I sent him an invitation, so I’m not sure. I’ll include him in the Week 1 Picks Reminder. Technically, nobody actually needs to reply to the Invitation here or via PM, just to submit picks.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
prozemaMission146
September 4th, 2019 at 12:24:36 AM permalink
Quote: prozema

Early entry? Did my wife call you again?!?

Prozema-Mission-Onenickelmiracle Trophy- $150.

There are two components which have to do with when your entry is submitted each week, one is early and one is late.

For at least 7 weeks, you must submit your entry by Friday at 6pm.

For at least 7 weeks, you must submit your entry 2 minutes or less before the deadline on Sunday.

Whoever has the most wins for the season, and also has met the two requirements for the season, will win the trophy and $150.

I will defend this, and I am not subject to the early and late requirements for eligibility.

*Subject to approval and final terms. There might be an actual trophy.

Discussion here
I am a robot.
prozema
prozema
September 4th, 2019 at 4:49:00 AM permalink

There are two components which have to do with when your entry is submitted each week, one is early and one is late.

For at least 7 weeks, you must submit your entry 2 minutes or less before the deadline on Sunday.

Whoever has the most wins for the season, and also has met the two requirements for the season, will win the trophy and $150.

I will defend this, and I am not subject to the early and late requirements for eligibility.

Discussion here

What an honor. Im speechless.
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 20
Thanked by
Mission146mipletJoemanJohnzimboonenickelmiraclescolistJohnnyQ
September 4th, 2019 at 5:29:03 AM permalink
Well, I guess I'm in, whether I like it or not. :) I just noticed I'm a part of the official rules.

7.) At some point on Tuesday or Wednesday the picks, results and updated Standings will be posted by EdCollins or myself in the Discussion Thread. Please, "Self-Police," your own Standings to see if there is an inaccuracy. There hasn't been one in two years, so I trust EdCollins' program and usually do not double check.

I suspect this means I'm scorekeeping again too. :)
prozema
prozema
Thanked by
EdCollins
September 4th, 2019 at 6:14:35 AM permalink
Yay! Ed is here.
Mission146
Mission146
September 4th, 2019 at 7:25:28 AM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Well, I guess I'm in, whether I like it or not. :) I just noticed I'm a part of the official rules.

7.) At some point on Tuesday or Wednesday the picks, results and updated Standings will be posted by EdCollins or myself in the Discussion Thread. Please, "Self-Police," your own Standings to see if there is an inaccuracy. There hasn't been one in two years, so I trust EdCollins' program and usually do not double check.

I suspect this means I'm scorekeeping again too. :)

Awesome, and thank you if you would! I actually wrote the rule like that because I wasn’t sure whether or not you were participating, and if not, I’d have to go back to the hand-kept score keeping.
Mission146
Mission146
September 4th, 2019 at 7:26:00 AM permalink

I keep getting left off these lists, even with the prizes I'm providing. Let's fix that.
29. beachbumbabs

30. EdCollins

Lines go up tomorrow!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 11:08:12 AM permalink
Quote: prozema

Discussion here

What an honor. Im speechless.

Yes sorry to dilute the Prozema Bile. 😂
I am a robot.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 1:59:31 PM permalink

30. EdCollins

Lines go up tomorrow!

31. JW17
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 10:58:26 PM permalink
I'm a little lost, where is the official thread for the official rules?
I am a robot.
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 20
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
September 5th, 2019 at 4:54:57 AM permalink

I'm a little lost, where is the official thread for the official rules?

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/33548-official-2019-wov-picks-game-thread/#post737078
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
September 5th, 2019 at 11:58:06 AM permalink
I'm back, after 7 days off-line. I was vacationing at the beach at Hilton Head, SC, and my family and I underwent a mandatory evacuation due to hurricane Dorian along with 830,000 other people. It got complicated because I had family members who had flown in, and we had more people than we had seats in my SUV. Anyway, everyone was able to evacuate and we are all safe and at our homes today. The eye of Dorian has stayed off-shore and so has been sort of a fizzle anyway.

So, I am returned, my head is free of clutter, and I am still intending to play in this contest!
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 5th, 2019 at 1:50:45 PM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/33548-official-2019-wov-picks-game-thread/#post737078

I am a robot.
FourFiveFace
FourFiveFace
  • Threads: 15
September 5th, 2019 at 2:22:57 PM permalink
I'm going to play again as well.
Mission146
Mission146
September 5th, 2019 at 6:28:23 PM permalink

31. JW17

32. Gordonm888
33. FourFiveFace
Mission146
Mission146
September 5th, 2019 at 6:34:49 PM permalink
Greetings!

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/33548-official-2019-wov-picks-game-thread/#post738188

The Week 1 Lines are as follows:

Falcons (+4) @ Vikings (-4) O/U 47.5
Redskins (+10) @ Eagles (-10) O/U 46
Bills (+3) @ Jets (-3) O/U 41
Ravens (-6.5) @ Dolphins (+6.5) O/U 37.5
49ers (+1) @ Buccaneers (-1) O/U 51
Chiefs (-3.5) @ Jaguars (+3.5) O/U 52
Titans (+5.5) @ Browns (-5.5) O/U 45.5
Rams (-2) @ Panthers (+2) O/U 50
Lions (-2.5) @ Cardinals (+2.5) O/U 46.5
Bengals (+9.5) @ Seahawks (-9.5) O/U 44
Colts (+6.5) @ Chargers (-6.5) O/U 44.5
Giants (+7) @ Cowboys (-7) O/U 45.5
Steelers (+6) @ Patriots (-6) O/U 49
Texans (+7) @ Saints (-7) O/U 53.5
Broncos (+1.5) @ Raiders (-1.5) O/U 43

Reminder PM's will be sent to those listed in the Discussion thread at some point tomorrow and again on Saturday for any players from whom I have not received Picks. In the future, reminder PM's will likely only be sent on Saturday towards the late evening hours.
  • Jump to: