No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.25%)

16 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
September 4th, 2019 at 12:34:19 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Prozema-Mission-Onenickelmiracle trophy- $150.

There are two components which have to do with when your entry is submitted each week, one is early and one is late.

For at least 7 weeks, you must submit your entry by Friday at 6pm.

For at least 7 weeks, you must submit your entry 2 minutes or less before the deadline on Sunday.

Whoever has the most wins for the season, and also has met the two requirements for the season, will win the trophy and $150.

I will defend this, and I am not subject to the early and late requirements for eligibility.

*Subject to approval and final terms. There might be an actual trophy.

I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 11:10:35 AM permalink
Picks will need to be CCed to me when submitted so I'll know the time stamp.
I am a robot.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 11:20:59 AM permalink

are you opening them?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 12:41:56 PM permalink

I assumed I would be keeping track of if/how many picks were made within the parameters, but all the easier for me if you’re doing it.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 12:54:49 PM permalink
I'm confused. Is it possible to CC a PM here? or is there a different pick submission method now versus when I last played the game?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
Thanked by
michael99000onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 1:14:09 PM permalink
I will not be involved in the PMO side bet. If you look for stale lines it prevents you from doing so 7 weeks. It requires you to be near a computer at an exact time 7 weeks a year. It has you competing against the host (ONM) who does not have to follow those rules. A balky internet can cause you to miss an entire weeks worth of picks. As a rule, any side bet that requires you to give up EV (forcing 7 early weeks is a negative) is a poorly designed side bet. Clearly, ONM's intentions were good. I think this is not the way to add interest to the game. Out.
Last edited by: SOOPOO on Sep 4, 2019
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 1:31:46 PM permalink
Creating a prize that encourages multiple people to all put their picks in within a 2 minute window right at the deadline.

No thanks, I’ll pass.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 1:48:26 PM permalink

Prozema-Mission-Onenickelmiracle trophy- $150.

There are two components which have to do with when your entry is submitted each week, one is early and one is late.

For at least 7 weeks, you must submit your entry by Friday at 6pm.

For at least 7 weeks, you must submit your entry 2 minutes or less before the deadline on Sunday.

Whoever has the most wins for the season, and also has met the two requirements for the season, will win the trophy and $150.

I will defend this, and I am not subject to the early and late requirements for eligibility.

*Subject to approval and final terms. There might be an actual trophy.

Do default picks qualify for both components?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 1:58:48 PM permalink
I am out.appreciate the intentions but not going to attempt a 2 min left pick
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 2:03:03 PM permalink
I have no idea. I’m not sponsoring this prize, I just figured I’d be the one keeping track of it. Due to running the main game, I’d be de facto ineligible for this prize anyway.

I looked it over and I honestly would be surprised if anyone qualifies. I’d say a vast majority of Picks come in Saturday. I suppose it’s there if anyone wants it and there won’t be a ton of competition for it.

Might be able to win just by qualifying for it and beating ONM.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 2:42:57 PM permalink
Love all the AP posts on this thread. I’m not trying for it either. Trying for it is definitely negative EV. Love along people, nothing here to see. ;-)
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 3:18:10 PM permalink

I'll have to open them, but honestly I'm usually too busy to open them on a weekend. You'll know if I do, it'll be your choice to participate.

Personally, I've heard a lot of people say this is the greatest and they're telling me it's huge. Privately, they've told me they're in and they're excited to have WOV picks great again. Cooperation game all over again, so I'll also add the Wizard rule that I may lie. Maybe there isn't really a contest and maybe we're just entering the world of make believe with Mr. Roger's ashes. I however wont lie. I insist Mission is eligible. Default picks I'm declaring no good. They can be good, but have to be sent in accordance to the rules of 7 early and 7 late.

Prize will be $200. Everything else is fake news.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Mission146
September 4th, 2019 at 3:21:41 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I assumed I would be keeping track of if/how many picks were made within the parameters, but all the easier for me if you’re doing it.

Grrreat. Trust but verify. You can make yourself ineligible if you want. Really I don't think it's noble trying to not win.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Sep 4, 2019
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 4:06:05 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I will not be involved in the PMO side bet. If you look for stale lines it prevents you from doing so 7 weeks. It requires you to be near a computer at an exact time 7 weeks a year. It has you competing against the host (ONM) who does not have to follow those rules. A balky internet can cause you to miss an entire weeks worth of picks. As a rule, any side bet that requires you to give up EV (forcing 7 early weeks is a negative) is a poorly designed side bet. Clearly, ONM's intentions were good. I think this is not the way to add interest to the game. Out.

I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 4:15:19 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I am out.appreciate the intentions but not going to attempt a 2 min left pick

I am a robot.
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
September 4th, 2019 at 5:48:37 PM permalink
Seems popular.

I think I'm just going to pick when I pick. That got me the bridesmaid prize last year.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 4th, 2019 at 6:00:55 PM permalink

I'll have to open them, but honestly I'm usually too busy to open them on a weekend. You'll know if I do, it'll be your choice to participate.

Personally, I've heard a lot of people say this is the greatest and they're telling me it's huge. Privately, they've told me they're in and they're excited to have WOV picks great again. Cooperation game all over again, so I'll also add the Wizard rule that I may lie. Maybe there isn't really a contest and maybe we're just entering the world of make believe with Mr. Roger's ashes. I however wont lie. I insist Mission is eligible. Default picks I'm declaring no good. They can be good, but have to be sent in accordance to the rules of 7 early and 7 late.

Prize will be $200. Everything else is fake news.

If you want to run a fair contest, you should leave them in your inbox until the end of picks submitted each week. It's unfair to everyone else if you open them before the main game deadline, because knowing other people's picks gives you an advantage in making yours.

Either that, or people who want to play your sidebet could forward their entry to you with the picks missing (edited out of what they send to Mission). So you'd have the time stamp but not the edge.

BTW, someone asked about CCing. I suggest you send whatever to Mission, then forward it from your outbox (there's a button on the right of each post). That doesn't take but 10 seconds.Even opening and editing as I suggested, then sending might be 30 secs.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 9:45:59 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

If you want to run a fair contest, you should leave them in your inbox until the end of picks submitted each week. It's unfair to everyone else if you open them before the main game deadline, because knowing other people's picks gives you an advantage in making yours.

Either that, or people who want to play your sidebet could forward their entry to you with the picks missing (edited out of what they send to Mission). So you'd have the time stamp but not the edge.

BTW, someone asked about CCing. I suggest you send whatever to Mission, then forward it from your outbox (there's a button on the right of each post). That doesn't take but 10 seconds.Even opening and editing as I suggested, then sending might be 30 secs.

Picks missing would not be acceptable,. Mission is busy too, and I don't have 2 hours to bs about time stamps. Obviously, if someone sent blank picks, them sending mine and them sending his, would be at different times. If the website lies about what time the picks are delivered, it lies, but I have to see it. If the PMs say 1 minute late, they're 1 minute late and a strike.

Play at your own risk. This is a game, adults need to make choices and judge risks, real and perceived. I do not promise not to force choke you for questioning me. The darkside has many secrets you can use moderating, but this is not the onenickelmiracle you are looking for.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 4th, 2019 at 10:21:34 PM permalink
Quote: prozema

Seems popular.

I think I'm just going to pick when I pick. That got me the bridesmaid prize last year.

I reserve the right to be the sole judge with regards to this beautiful trophy prize and may even go to a bus stop to have random strangers settle the issue, should one arise. Maybe Nathan might be at the bus station, I read on the internet somewhere, he takes the bus. You are playing.

Another stipulation I have is the last pick sent is the one that counts for each individual week and each individual week can only have 4 possible outcomes:

1) Early
2) Non-qualifying
3) Late
4) Past deadline.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 5th, 2019 at 8:06:14 PM permalink
There doesn't seem to be any way to send a PM to more than 1 recipient, so people will have to send Mission a PM then forward it to me afterwards. The time sent to mission will be considered the official time.
I am a robot.
Mission146
Mission146
September 6th, 2019 at 4:40:18 PM permalink

Default picks I'm declaring no good. They can be good, but have to be sent in accordance to the rules of 7 early and 7 late.

I'm probably going to need you to make a solid call on this, Default Picks are either not sent at all or were sent at the beginning of the season, depending on how you look at it. I look at them as not being sent, the only reason for them is to prevent anyone eating an 0-5 week to being busy one week, or something.
Mission146
Mission146
September 6th, 2019 at 4:48:42 PM permalink
Okay, I might play for it, but I'll probably screw up and forget.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Mission146
September 20th, 2019 at 10:09:16 PM permalink
There is a change: You do not have to and should not send a PM to me. I'm just going to go with Mission's notes on who sent what and when. This change is retroactive.

Another change, you will have 5 minutes before the deadline instead of 2 for the late entry. This change is only going forward, not retroactive. It's just a little too cumbersome with two minutes, and a little too cruel. I've heard reports of time stamp problems with PMs. I'm not sure what it is at the moment.

I'll probably never get around to these official rules, so we'll take it as we go. I'm certainly not going to be liable for more than $200, that's my limit. I was going to want to change it back to $150, since I am not going to be reading messages(and never intended) and there is no danger besides bad internet and bowels. The basics are 7 early, 7 late, take those who meet these minimum requirements, transpose to the official list at the end of the year, we have our trophy winner(maybe i should do official rules.). Should there be a tie, the prize is split. Really is supposed to be simple, you don't have to win the main game to win this trophy, but it's possible if the person has met the requirements.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 26th, 2019 at 7:54:35 PM permalink
Sue me if I'm wrong, but by my account, this is your last chance to begin qualifying for this PMO trophy.
I am a robot.
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
September 26th, 2019 at 8:03:37 PM permalink
What happens if no one qualifies?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
prozema
September 26th, 2019 at 8:42:54 PM permalink