1 vote (1.75%)

57 members have voted

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 220
November 26th, 2021 at 11:56:40 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: moses

So you see Teams from within your conference once every 6 years. Outside the conference once every 8 years. And once a year within the division.

No, in conference every 3 years at most. Out-conference every 4 years. Better record gets the out-division/in conference at home and the out-division away, which it to their advantage.
link to original post

What they are saying is you get a home game against them every three years. I could watch the Chiefs on tv every Sunday, but can only see them at Giant Stadium roughly every eight years, although the Chiefs have only played two games there against Big Blue in the last twenty years.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
moses
moses
  • Threads: 11
November 26th, 2021 at 8:16:00 PM permalink
11/01/21NYG17@KC20LBox
11/19/17KC9@NYG12W/OTBox
09/29/13NYG7@KC31LBox
10/04/09NYG27@KC16WBox
12/17/05KC17@NYG27WBox
09/23/01NYG13@KC3WBox

Hmmm.
moses
moses
November 26th, 2021 at 8:38:08 PM permalink
Hereís a breakdown of how each teamís opponents are set:

Six games against divisional opponents ó two games per team, one at home and one on the road.
Four games against teams from a division within its conference ó two games at home and two on the road.
Four games against teams from a division in the other conferenceó two games at home and two on the road.
Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference ó one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.
The new 17th game is an additional game against a non-conference opponent from a division that the team is not scheduled to play. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 220
November 26th, 2021 at 9:25:18 PM permalink
Quote: moses

11/01/21NYG17@KC20LBox
11/19/17KC9@NYG12W/OTBox
09/29/13NYG7@KC31LBox
10/04/09NYG27@KC16WBox
12/17/05KC17@NYG27WBox
09/23/01NYG13@KC3WBox

Hmmm.
link to original post

As I said, two games in twenty-plus years.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
moses
moses
November 26th, 2021 at 9:40:24 PM permalink
In 2002, the NFL added a 32nd member, the Houston Texans. The Texans were placed in the AFC, with the Seahawks agreeing to return to the NFC (where they had played in their inaugural season) to balance the membership. This addition also allowed the league to go to a uniform schedule again, and correct some of the geographical confusion that had arisen over the years as teams relocated and the league expanded. The league went to an eight division, four team per division format.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 83
November 27th, 2021 at 3:45:02 AM permalink
Simple answer: Eliminate the NFL.

College football is a much better product and much more diverse. There are enough teams that you could have it on TV seven days a week, Maybe have different conferences play on different days. Life would be joyous.
Order from chaos
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 211
November 27th, 2021 at 5:14:26 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

College football is a much better product and much more diverse. There are enough teams that you could have it on TV seven days a week, Maybe have different conferences play on different days. Life would be joyous.
link to original post

sorry, but I don't agree with that at all

the skill level in the NFL is generally way higher than in college football

the incredible athleticism - that is what attracts me to football - you're right about the greater diversity - but it's not enough for me

"believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" - Edgar Allan Poe
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 118
November 27th, 2021 at 5:20:07 AM permalink

link to original post

College football is basically a minor league of the NFL. It is watchable. Too many games are not competitive. In the NFL even the worst team (Jaguars at the time) could beat the best team (Bills at the time). You think (name any of 100 schools) comes within 30 of (name any of 50 schools)?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 83
November 27th, 2021 at 5:46:59 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

link to original post

sorry, but I don't agree with that at all

the skill level in the NFL is generally way higher than in college football

the incredible athleticism - that is what attracts me to football - you're right about the greater diversity - but it's not enough for me

link to original post

I find the NFLboring as every team runs the same offenses and defenses. All of the blocking schemes are the same and running the ball is disappearing. If I had my way they would only be allowed to throw one pass per drive. Run the ball and dominate the line of scrimmage. Bring the I-formation and the wishbone back to football. Yes, I am old and that is real football.
Order from chaos
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
November 27th, 2021 at 5:48:11 AM permalink
Keyontae Johnson, of the Florida Gators basketball team, has an interesting decision on whether to pursue his dreams or take the stability offered by a fairly lucrative insurance policy that heís now eligible for.

He was the SEC preseason player of the year last year and was to be a first round draft pick and in this last years draft. He collapsed face first on the court coming out of a timeout last season and was hospitalized in critical but stable condition, he has recovered but hasnít been medically cleared and they still donít know exactly why it happened. Currently with the team in a pseudo student assistant coach role. Heís not cleared to do ANY sort of cardiovascular exercise as they havenít been able to rule out something with the heart, so even if he were cleared it would take a LONG time to get back into peak physical condition to be an effective player along with whatever rust with skills.

As a likely first round draft pick, he was eligible for an insurance policy of up to 10 million, he did elect to have an insurance policy for 5 million which he is now eligible to collect after the event. But if he pursues and gains medical clearance to play again that will be in jeopardy, while pro teams will likely be reluctant to give significant long term guaranteed money for quite some time, it seems unlikely heíll be viewed the same way prior to proving himself at the pro level. Interesting situation. Safe thing to do would be finish the degree and move on to coaching with the 5 million payout that can be taken as a lump sum...
Last edited by: mcallister3200 on Nov 27, 2021

• Jump to: