44 members have voted

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
Thanks for this post from:
odiousgambitJoeman
November 23rd, 2020 at 11:52:50 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

With six games to go, all the teams in the NFC East are within a half-game of each other. This has to be a pretty rare situation. It is a sprint to the finish. That none of them can be a wild card makes it even more interesting. Big Blue will be playing meaningful football in December. The real 2020 season starts now.

Sprint to the finish? More like 4 drunks trying to find the door with their shoelaces tied together.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 72
November 23rd, 2020 at 12:46:49 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

That none of them can be a wild card makes it even more interesting.

Are you sure about that? Didn't they add an extra wildcard team this year? I would think one could still win six games and another 5 games and that might be good enough for a wildcard.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 13
November 23rd, 2020 at 2:23:33 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Are you sure about that? Didn't they add an extra wildcard team this year? I would think one could still win six games and another 5 games and that might be good enough for a wildcard.

They did. But no one in NFC East making a wildcard.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
November 23rd, 2020 at 2:24:07 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

There are too many NFC teams above .500 for a 6-10 NFC East team to sneak in as a wildcard. Not impossible.... but not worth the single thought.....
DRich
DRich
November 23rd, 2020 at 3:19:07 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

There are too many NFC teams above .500 for a 6-10 NFC East team to sneak in as a wildcard. Not impossible.... but not worth the single thought.....

I guess that I am just a stickler when someone says it is impossible and I don't think it is impossible.

In theory you could still have a 9-6-1 team win the division and a 8-8 make a wildcard.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 13
November 24th, 2020 at 4:24:21 AM permalink
I always do a Thanksgiving day NFL parlay. One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving (the holiday of family, food and football). To be clear Iím not better than throwing darts at a board in NFL betting. But for those that might find it amusing to pull for or against me Iíll be posting it here as I go.

So far I booked an open parlay with Detroit at +3 -120 because I happened to see it hit that after being at +2.5 and I thought it was not going to stay at 3. So far thatís right as itís back to +2.5. I donít think Detroit is as bad as last week indicated and I do think there is something about their Thanksgiving games where they tend to over perform.

Havenít put in anything else yet. Talking myself into adding Washington if the line gets to +3.5. And the under in the Lions game if it goes back up to 52 or beyond.

Iím a Steeler fan so inclined to add a leg here but -4.5 against the Ravens seems like folly.

Anyway, thatís as far as Iíve gotten.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
November 24th, 2020 at 5:29:09 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Iím a Steeler fan so inclined to add a leg here but -4.5 against the Ravens seems like folly.

Anyway, thatís as far as Iíve gotten.

Hard to figure that one. Sometimes they play down to their opponent other times they fire on all cylinders.

They are in some circles regarded as the weakest 10-0 team in NFL history.

OTOH, Baltimore is skidding.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
DRich
DRich
November 24th, 2020 at 6:39:16 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Hard to figure that one. Sometimes they play down to their opponent other times they fire on all cylinders.

They are in some circles regarded as the weakest 10-0 team in NFL history.

OTOH, Baltimore is skidding.

I would agree that they are the least dominant 10-0 team that I have seen. As you mentioned they regularly play down to competition.

I didn't realize it was up to 4.5 so I may consider the Ravens.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
November 24th, 2020 at 7:28:11 AM permalink
I think these things are more or less baked into the line nowadays but itís a very important game for a fairly talented team in Balt and not as meaningful at this point for Pitt beyond homefield race with KC so you would think it should be close most times.
DRich
DRich
November 24th, 2020 at 7:32:31 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I think these things are more or less baked into the line nowadays but itís a very important game for a fairly talented team in Balt and not as meaningful at this point for Pitt beyond homefield race with KC so you would think it should be close most times.

If you are familar with that rivalry they are usually close. I believe at one time a few years ago the point spread wasn't more than three either way for like ten games.

• Jump to: