lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 187
January 17th, 2017 at 4:02:53 AM permalink
I prefer betting against the money line at least with favorites and I saw the Pats at -240 at betonline.ag. Some might not like getting the reduced payout compared to the spread; a $100 bet will get you about $42 profit; but I consider it to be VERY VERY unlikely that the Steelers will beat the Pats. It looks like a really good bet to me.
"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
January 17th, 2017 at 4:21:10 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

I prefer betting against the money line at least with favorites and I saw the Pats at -240 at betonline.ag. Some might not like getting the reduced payout compared to the spread; a $100 bet will get you about $42 profit; but I consider it to be VERY VERY unlikely that the Steelers will beat the Pats. It looks like a really good bet to me.

Why can't they win? Great offense and defense playing well. Gronk was their strength in first meet but he is out.

Fyi, I am from Pittsburgh so my pessimism says steelers will lose.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 9
January 17th, 2017 at 4:43:01 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Why can't they win? Great offense and defense playing well. Gronk was their strength in first meet but he is out.

Fyi, I am from Pittsburgh so my pessimism says steelers will lose.

I grew up in Youngwood and Greensburg PA. Youngwood is where I lost all my paper route money and the companies money on a Las Vegas night at the Firehall when I was 11. Shoulda demanded all my money back since they let me gamble at that age, but I knew the score and I wasn't crying.

I want the Steelers to win but the Patriots have their number. It might be close but I can't see Brady losing to that defense and Antonio Brown is more concerned with LiveVideo posts. Tomlin just likes to cry and call the Patriots names when they lose to them. I know 6 field goals won't be good enough.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
January 17th, 2017 at 5:19:24 AM permalink
to me the other game, packs/falcs, where the line is not all that much different, is much harder to figure

it's a very early line on the Pats game. I expect anybody waiting to bet near game time on the Pats will get a worse deal.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jan 17, 2017
ncfatcat
ncfatcat
  • Threads: 2
January 17th, 2017 at 6:19:48 AM permalink
Being from the Carolinas and seeing the Falcons 2x a year, their D Line is a lot better than Dallas and they're used to containing Newton and WInston. Matty Ice usually has a nervous breakdown at the end of a season but hasn't yet.
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
January 17th, 2017 at 7:58:32 AM permalink
Quote: ncfatcat

Being from the Carolinas and seeing the Falcons 2x a year, their D Line is a lot better than Dallas and they're used to containing Newton and WInston.

They're not playing Dallas. They're playing Green Bay. It's sometimes useful to know who's playing before making a bet. But for many it really doesn't matter; it won't effect their bottom line.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
January 17th, 2017 at 8:00:22 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

They're not playing Dallas. They're playing Green Bay. It's sometimes useful to know who's playing before making a bet. But for many it really doesn't matter; it won't effect their bottom line.

He's contrasting Green Bay playing Dallas vs. playing Atlanta.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
January 17th, 2017 at 8:24:30 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

He's contrasting Green Bay playing Dallas vs. playing Atlanta.

yeah, I got that too late. Sorry, ncfatcat.
fastXXXeddie
fastXXXeddie
  • Threads: 0
January 17th, 2017 at 11:22:46 AM permalink
" very, very, unlikely" I doubt that. Pats will be 6 pt favorite at best, not 16! Seems like wishful thinking to me. What do you know that linemakers don't ?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
January 17th, 2017 at 12:19:48 PM permalink
Quote: fastXXXeddie

" very, very, unlikely" I doubt that. Pats will be 6 pt favorite at best, not 16! Seems like wishful thinking to me. What do you know that linemakers don't ?

I don't know anything that line makers don't. I have an opinion, which is what everybody who makes a sports bet has unless they just want to bet on their favorite team.I don't have a strong opinion on an NFL game very often. I could be wrong. But I'm not going to apologize for expressing an opinion which is what a great many on this site do. The line was adjusted by 3 points for the Pats being at home. Which means that on a neutral field the line considers the Pats to be only 2.5 points better than the Steelers which means the two teams are very close in ability. To say that the Steelers are very close to the Pats in ability, is to me, a stretch. The Pats won their last 4 games by 18, 21, 38 and 13. The Steelers won their last 4 games by 2, 18, 3 and 4.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jan 17, 2017

• Jump to: