wagertraders
wagertraders
  • Threads: 1
July 29th, 2016 at 8:32:32 PM permalink
Frist I want to thank Pierce (last name deleted-Mission146) for giving me a chance to talk about entity wagering and plugging my site. He did an excellent job pointing out the strengths and weaknesses of the industry in its current state. I wanted to get feedback from the WoO community. Had I been better prepared that day to do the interview I would have been more eluquent. I was installing an ignition switch on a 66 Imperial. I have never dealt with a journalist before and some of the conversation is messy. And to clear something up I am knowledgable when it comes to sports betting but not in comparison to Mr Connelly or Mr. Murphey so I don't bet sports. If I play perfect single/double deck Blackjack with favorable rules you can run pretty even over time and have some fun earn a nice meal at the oyster bar even your neighbor a free pack of smokes. A negative expectation game will always loose over the long term unless you can find an advantage, capitalize on it, keep it to yourself, and cash out. I would be happy to answer any questions or respond to any comments from the forum

Wizard of Odds Article
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Jul 30, 2016
Best TH
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
July 30th, 2016 at 7:47:28 AM permalink
As to your comment about playing perfect blackjack at a single or double deck table and running pretty even over time and then further implying that it is a negative expectation game: it might interest you to know that there are probably hundreds of people using this site who have experienced long term profitability at the game of blackjack and more than a handful who either currently play or have played full time and earn or have earned an income from the game comparable to income earned by professional business people.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jul 30, 2016
Please don't feed the trolls
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
July 30th, 2016 at 11:56:16 AM permalink
https://wizardofodds.com/games/sports-betting/bet-as-an-entity
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
July 30th, 2016 at 12:10:47 PM permalink
the 100th person to call and correctly point out the error in this image gets a hearty hi-yo Silver! plus a gilded invitation to drop $25,000 into a fund with a 30% expense ratio ... or it would seem. I'll keep reading.

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
July 30th, 2016 at 2:31:03 PM permalink
It actually took me over 60 seconds. I was looking for something devious ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
  • Jump to: