lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
May 8th, 2015 at 10:05:49 AM permalink
Because no additional juice taken off of an "if" bet but there is off of a parlay. Isn't that correct? Thanks.
Please don't feed the trolls
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 20
May 8th, 2015 at 4:33:49 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Because no additional juice taken off of an "if" bet but there is off of a parlay. Isn't that correct? Thanks.

Not as I understand it.

An IF bet is really two separate bets. You tell your bookie, "I want to bet X dollars on Team A and if that bet wins, I want to bet X dollars on Team C."

If the first bet wins, only then will the second bet be placed. Note that an IF bet doesn't require the winnings from the first bet to be parlayed, of course. The second bet can be for any amount although it's often the same amount as the first bet, for convenience.

However, both of these two bets should be subject to juice. Each one is its own separate bet. I'm not sure I understand your comment ...no additional juice is taken off of an IF bet.

If you could post what your IF bet looked like and what the payoff was, that might help to clarify matters.
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
May 9th, 2015 at 12:44:30 AM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Not as I understand it.

An IF bet is really two separate bets. You tell your bookie, "I want to bet X dollars on Team A and if that bet wins, I want to bet X dollars on Team C."

If the first bet wins, only then will the second bet be placed. Note that an IF bet doesn't require the winnings from the first bet to be parlayed, of course. The second bet can be for any amount although it's often the same amount as the first bet, for convenience.

However, both of these two bets should be subject to juice. Each one is its own separate bet. I'm not sure I understand your comment ...no additional juice is taken off of an IF bet.

If you could post what your IF bet looked like and what the payoff was, that might help to clarify matters.

It remains confusing without the amounts....

You wager $550. to win $500. on game A. (assume typical 10 percent vig)

IF that wins, you want to wager ???? on game B.

Is it $500, $550, $1000, or $1100. on game B ??? after game A wins.

I doubt the second wager would be without the vig, which was the questions I guess.

Never be confused about the fact that you are wagering $550 to win $500. Many "bookies" will say you only pay vig on "losers" but that isn't true. The only difference is you are being given credit and deception is at work with said statement "only pay vig on losers".
  • Jump to: