HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
April 12th, 2015 at 4:16:31 PM permalink
Cozmic One is scheduled to make his racing debut 4/17 at SA in a 1-mile MSW event.

Cozmic One is Zenyatta's first foal, by Bernardini.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
April 12th, 2015 at 4:54:58 PM permalink
Gee, now where have I heard that name before?

Side note: The Bernardini / Rachel Alexandra foal born in 2013 is a filly; the Tapit / Zenyatta foal is a colt, named Ziconic. Zenyatta also gave birth to a filly by War Front last year, but the foal had to be put down after a paddock accident last October.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
April 12th, 2015 at 6:35:19 PM permalink
He wins Friday by 20. The Derby doesn't overfill, he gets entered and wins the Derby and Triple Crown.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
April 12th, 2015 at 7:44:52 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

He wins Friday by 20. The Derby doesn't overfill, he gets entered and wins the Derby and Triple Crown.

Why stop there....He then wins the Travers @ Saratoga, the Jockey Club Gold Cup @ Belmont, and then the Breeders Cup Classic @ Keeneland. He wins the Eclipse horse of the year (plus champion 3yo) and is retired to stud as the greatest 3yo horse of all time.

Ok, I will "tap the brakes"....
----------

I took a look at the race in case Cozmic One gets crazily over bet. Moe Candy looks the one to beat and looks very live. 3rd start, good works, close second in last, and is a grey (which is a great handicapping angle - j/k). I would also take a chance (if the odds looked good - around 8/1 or higher) with the Godolphin horse Tried and True. He stretches out with a bullet last work.

I do wish Cozmic One the best, but my money will not be on him in his first race. Thanks for starting the thread.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
April 12th, 2015 at 8:30:56 PM permalink
Cozmic One is going to be overbet. But I'd rather just enjoy the race then bet against him, even if it's good value. Every race doesn't have to be bet.

I'm already very excited for this race. Zenyatta is my favorite horse of all time. It's going to be a long week.
  • Jump to: