NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
January 2nd, 2015 at 9:57:48 PM permalink
Been watching some of the tout podcasts, not getting a good feel for any of the games.

Some notes, worth nothing but if you have an opinion on them, feel free. The price is right!

The Ravens have bitched about the predicted rain/snow and field in Pittsburgh, a night game, and in addition, Joe Flacco looked like shit last week vs. the Browns. Could this all be a set up for the gambling public to lay the 3 points and get shellacked? Seems like every tout is picking the Steelers.

Same goes for the Cowboys. All the touts are saying lay the 7 points, now 6 1/2 in some books. Being in Asia, I know nothing about who the Detroit quarterback is and their offense. Everything centered around the center stomping the guys ankle one week, then their defensive star stomping the Packers quarterback the following week. Hardly a class group of guys. So that means the Cowboys will destroy them as they are afraid of playing dirty? Another set up of the general betting public?

Again, the Panthers seem to be the pick of all the touts and the line continues to move. Cam Newton? as I recall from not to long ago, he is a thug who tossed a stolen laptop out a dorm window at Florida. That plus he rolled over in an SUV recently. I just don't know. However, if I read another story about the Cardinals quarterback situation and how good their defensive is I think it becomes once again, an attempt to get money on the Cardinals, or on Carolina? Mixed emotions, I try and bet against the public as that what the bookies are doing.

The Colts host the Bengals in a dome. Bengals showed some class in recent weeks, post game interviews. I sort of like them in this game only because I'm off setting their being classy vs. the Lions conduct of dirty play and the Ravens complaining. The Colts seem to be centered around their quarterback having a good game?
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
January 2nd, 2015 at 10:45:07 PM permalink
I have Panthers, Ravens, Colts, and Cowboys.

Panthers - I just don't think the Cardinals can score. Carolina has a good defense and the AZ offense of both run/pass is terrible. Panthers can scrape 20 points in this game on offense, Cards cannot.

Cardinals will need to win special teams battle, which is Panthers' weakest point, to have any chance of being in this game. Cardinals will not be able to run the ball at all against this defense and I don't think Lindley is any sort of passing threat. As for Newton, I have no idea about any laptop story and the accident wasn't his fault. Someone pulled out in front of him entering road from a stop sign.

I got Panthers at -4. I'm not sure -6.5 would have changed my mind. I am biased now that I have the better line.

Ravens - This series is always incredibly close until this year. The series was split with 20 pt games. I worry about the match up of Big Ben vs Ravens secondary, but Bell is out, leaving a big hole at RB for Steelers.

Colts - Bengals are without AJ Green. Dalton is below average already. I think Colts blow Bengals out again, just like they did earlier this year. Bengals have not done well against passing teams (swept by PIT, blown out by Colts and Pats, gave up 37 pts to Panthers in tie). They stopped Manning but he was playing hurt as we found out later.

Bengals defense stats look better than they are. They played NFC and AFC South. Only two teams gave up more points to the Jaguars, and the others were 1 and 2 pts more. They also got Manziel's first game where he hung a 00 on the board.

Cowboys - Stafford is 0-16 on the road against winning teams. The offense has been poor this year. Dallas is going to put up some points and I don't feel like the Lions are going to be able to keep up if this becomes a shootout, which I think it will.
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
January 4th, 2015 at 8:14:54 PM permalink
I'll happily take 3-1. Two blown opportunities kept Cowboys from covering.
  • Jump to: