ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
April 3rd, 2014 at 11:14:47 PM permalink
been a redsox fan since 1967....a lot of suffering and now three w.s this decade.
get second you pig
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 88
April 4th, 2014 at 8:47:20 AM permalink
Got in my World Serries bet just before this season started. Was in Vegas last week, went to William Hill Sports book (4 Queens) and put 20 bucks on the Rays to win it all. 17 to 1 odds.
Go Rays

My baseball expert here at work thinks I got a great deal, his estimate is the Rays chances are much better then 17 to 1, he was surprised I was given such long odds
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
April 4th, 2014 at 9:01:34 AM permalink
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
April 4th, 2014 at 10:59:16 AM permalink
(singing)

We're gonna win, Twins! We're gonna score!
We're gonna win, Twins! Here the crowds all roar!
Smack out a home run! Shout a hip-hooray!
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!

(not singing)

I have no idea whether they still do this in the stands; it's from the 50's and I learned it as a little kid. Rod Carew, Harmon Killebrew, Tony Oliva days. But the sentiment sticks. I still have my charm bracelet with silver signed baseballs. Somewhere, anyway.

That is the sum total of what I know about baseball. Carry on.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
April 4th, 2014 at 4:34:37 PM permalink
Wow, the Orioles starting pitching really IS a mess!!!! Man 3 starters in a row got roughed up. They have a tough opening schedule but you have to play these ball games at some point.............

Anybody want O's/Yanks tickets.....I got 4....anybody? Anybody? :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
  • Threads: 8
April 4th, 2014 at 4:56:07 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Phillies fan here. watching the off season moves, I knew it was going to be a long season for Phils. I don't share managements opinion that this core group of guys, Howard, Utley, Jimmy Rollins, Ruiz, Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Papelbon, have one more run left in them. And if age hadn't already caught up with them, they went out and signed a few more aging players in Marlon Byrd and pitcher A J Burnett. Yikes, better buy geritol in bulk!

Ok, so top pitcher Cole Hamels starts the year on disabled list, with shoulder trouble (no big deal for a pitcher). Reliable Cliff Lee inherit opening day and gives up 8 runs, 8 earned runs in 5 innings. After starters they have absolutely no bullpen. Last year they had noone to get from the starters to the closer, but this year, Pabelbon appears done. His fastball is 90 mph, down 6 mph form 4 years ago and it has gone down every year.

I hate to give up after 3 games, but this team is not going to win many games. It's going to be a very long season and they are going to be hard for me to watch.

I too, think the Nats will rebound strong from a very disappointing year last year. Strausburg and Harper are going to put up monster numbers if thy both remain healthy.

As a fellow Phillies fan, I could not agree more. Howard is probably the most overpaid guy in the sport and this roster has to have one of the highest average ages in the league. I'd be shocked if they won 75 games.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
April 4th, 2014 at 5:16:40 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

(singing)

We're gonna win, Twins! We're gonna score!
We're gonna win, Twins! Here the crowds all roar!
Smack out a home run! Shout a hip-hooray!
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!

(not singing)

I have no idea whether they still do this in the stands; it's from the 50's and I learned it as a little kid. Rod Carew, Harmon Killebrew, Tony Oliva days. But the sentiment sticks. I still have my charm bracelet with silver signed baseballs. Somewhere, anyway.

That is the sum total of what I know about baseball. Carry on.

It's still the official rouser. They use it as the intro music on FSN. They definitely played it at the Dome all the time, too. I don't know if I've heard it at Target Field, but I've only been to a couple games there.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
April 4th, 2014 at 5:37:10 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

It's still the official rouser. They use it as the intro music on FSN. They definitely played it at the Dome all the time, too. I don't know if I've heard it at Target Field, but I've only been to a couple games there.

That's very nice to know. I was feeling sentimental, stupid, and old, all at the same time. Thanks! :)
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
April 4th, 2014 at 6:45:21 PM permalink
Hang in there Tom the Orioles are not only my favorite baseball team, but my favorite team in all of sports! Besides today, which was an awful day to play baseball, they have been hanging in there with underachieving pitching and hitting (only been four games). Didn't Britton look awesome the other day?
We're going to be okay.
Lemieux66
Lemieux66
  • Threads: 24
April 4th, 2014 at 7:02:22 PM permalink
Jays fan. No confidence in this season at all. It bothers me that seemingly every team(to some degree) has had a moment in sun except Toronto since those two World Series.
10 eyes for an eye. 10 teeth for a tooth. 10 bucks for a buck?! Hit the bad guys where it hurts the most: the face and the wallet.

• Jump to: