LarryS
LarryS
Joined: Feb 26, 2011
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 1410
December 31st, 2013 at 5:40:04 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

it's not about understanding the concept of racing. it's an instinctual desire to run the fastest and run ahead of other pack horses. some champion horses have very strong instincts in this regard.



What I am proposing is that there are some horses that are superior to other horses as far as musculature, weight distribution, lung capacity, weight bearing joint capacity. All important in winning a race. And the horse that has the physical attributes that allows them to run the fastest time in the race will win .Yes there are superior athletic horses. They have the best distribution of muscle, body type, length of legs, joint and bone health and strength. All that stuff. I recognize their athletic superiority.

I propose it has all to do with a horses physical superiority and jockey riding ability...rather than the horses "craving to win" "heart of a champion" "desire to win"

Heck I dont even think a horse knows where the finish line is......let alone have a will to hit the finish line first.

You cant train dogs to run a race without the mechanical rabbit....and most people think dogs are intellegent.

And horses dont naturally run as fast as they can out of a gate when it opens...unless they are whipped, or have a history of being whipped so they know they better run.
The training of a horse to run as fast as it can at the time the jockey wants it to run as fast as it can is based in the inflicting of pain.....thats how they are trained. It has nothing to do with their "desire to win". A motivational speaker doesnt visit the horse before the race....the jockey gets on, and the horse knows that the jockey has the whip. Sometimes a tap of the hand in the place where the whip would hit is enough to make the point.
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
December 31st, 2013 at 7:06:51 PM permalink
Unless the Feds have sprung their trap, treetop should be along to explain things. There are some horses who not only know they are in a race, but can't wait to get to the track. And horses who know about where the finish line is and will try their damndest to get there first.
As for running from the gate as fast as he can, Dr. Fager was famous for that. He had to be first all the way. He was the only horse who ever held four titles in one year, 1968, when he was named the Horse of the Year, champion handicap horse, champion sprinter, and co-champion grass horse.

He split 4 races with another champion Damascus, but Damascus stable had to use a rabbit to win. Dr. Fager set the world record at 1 mile on any surface: 1:32 1/5 . That record still stands.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
Joined: Mar 3, 2013
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 718
December 31st, 2013 at 7:14:26 PM permalink
Quote: LarryS

What I am proposing is that there are some horses that are superior to other horses as far as musculature, weight distribution, lung capacity, weight bearing joint capacity. All important in winning a race. And the horse that has the physical attributes that allows them to run the fastest time in the race will win .Yes there are superior athletic horses. They have the best distribution of muscle, body type, length of legs, joint and bone health and strength. All that stuff. I recognize their athletic superiority.

I propose it has all to do with a horses physical superiority and jockey riding ability...rather than the horses "craving to win" "heart of a champion" "desire to win"

Heck I dont even think a horse knows where the finish line is......let alone have a will to hit the finish line first.

You cant train dogs to run a race without the mechanical rabbit....and most people think dogs are intellegent.

And horses dont naturally run as fast as they can out of a gate when it opens...unless they are whipped, or have a history of being whipped so they know they better run.
The training of a horse to run as fast as it can at the time the jockey wants it to run as fast as it can is based in the inflicting of pain.....thats how they are trained. It has nothing to do with their "desire to win". A motivational speaker doesnt visit the horse before the race....the jockey gets on, and the horse knows that the jockey has the whip. Sometimes a tap of the hand in the place where the whip would hit is enough to make the point.



Why ask the question? You've already developed an answer. BTW, you're wrong.
LarryS
LarryS
Joined: Feb 26, 2011
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 1410
December 31st, 2013 at 7:16:35 PM permalink
I get a kick of people who assign human traits and feelings to their animals.

I am over a friends house and the dog jumps on my friends lap and licks his face. He proclaims that the dog is showing his "love"....wow the dog has fallein in love with him.
Then I sit down, the dog jumps on my lap...and licks my face....I never saw this dog before...yet he now "loved" me


wasnt the dog acting whoreish?

I was assured the dog had a heart of gold, the heart of a champion, a good heart, and had great morals and values.

But yet the dog slipped and acted like an uncaring bitch when licking me
LarryS
LarryS
Joined: Feb 26, 2011
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 1410
December 31st, 2013 at 7:23:03 PM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Why ask the question? You've already developed an answer. BTW, you're wrong.



maybe I am wrong

when Jimmie Johnson wins a race, I usually proclaim that the car had great heart.
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
December 31st, 2013 at 7:23:08 PM permalink
Once again proving the intelligence of the dog.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
LarryS
LarryS
Joined: Feb 26, 2011
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 1410
December 31st, 2013 at 7:27:48 PM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Why ask the question? You've already developed an answer. BTW, you're wrong.



2 things can be equally valid

I can ask a question for people's views

AND

I can have my own initial opinion


the 2 are not exclusionary of each other


and thanks for your cogent dispute of my view,

Even though Lance Armstrong was doping.....his bicycles always had the heart of a champion
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
December 31st, 2013 at 7:31:38 PM permalink
My dog just asked me if the man in the white coat was on the forum talking bad about him ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsglPL3ROkQ
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
Joined: Mar 28, 2010
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 2001
December 31st, 2013 at 7:31:44 PM permalink
Quote: LarryS

I get a kick of people who assign human traits and feelings to their animals.

I am over a friends house and the dog jumps on my friends lap and licks his face. He proclaims that the dog is showing his "love"....wow the dog has fallein in love with him.
Then I sit down, the dog jumps on my lap...and licks my face....I never saw this dog before...yet he now "loved" me


wasnt the dog acting whoreish?

I was assured the dog had a heart of gold, the heart of a champion, a good heart, and had great morals and values.

But yet the dog slipped and acted like an uncaring bitch when licking me



if a cat grooms you, it means they love you.

"Such behavior is generally a way for cats to show affection. Just as mother cats lick their young, grooming communicates a catís fondness for a person, as well as a sense of belonging.

The licking marks you as a member of the animalís family group and spreads the catís scent. Just as cats scratch certain places to mark their territory, licking your skin or hair is a way of claiming you."
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
Joined: Mar 28, 2010
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 2001
December 31st, 2013 at 7:51:22 PM permalink
Its pretty ridiculous to think animals don't have feelings. Why would that area of the brain ONLY exist in humans and not other species in the animal kingdom?

  • Jump to: