ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
January 21st, 2013 at 4:35:31 PM permalink
This thread got me thinking (which is never a good thing, but I digress)...can non-Vegas bets affect a Vegas line?

The situation I was thinking of was, suppose it snows in the Reno/Tahoe area this week. This would lead to a number of families going skiing in the area, and while they are there, they might as well bet on the 49ers to win the Super Bowl (they can come back to collect over the President's Day weekend, especially if it is one of those school districts that has a "ski week" because they got tired of half of the student body going skiing that weekend, only to miss one or two days of classes because I-80 was closed by snow and they couldn't get back in time). If enough high rollers put reasonably big money on the 49ers at Harrah's (there's one in Reno and another in Tahoe), would this affect the Caesar's books in Vegas? Or is there just that much money in Vegas that it would be considered a drop in the bucket?
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 21st, 2013 at 4:36:34 PM permalink
The high rollers are skiing in Vail.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 21st, 2013 at 4:45:50 PM permalink
High rollers tend to not be subject to such vagaries... they plan better and they get bets down if its important to them.

Oh sure some few unfortunates might be trapped in a blizzard somewhere but there money would not move the line and the lack of their money won't move it either.
  • Jump to: