sue106
sue106
  • Threads: 1
February 1st, 2010 at 5:53:37 AM permalink
I have a few questions about the "Wheel of Fortune" slot machine. Is this an RNG machine so when you hit the spin button to start the game a randomly computer generated result on the three reels? So if you get the Wheel of Fortune spin symbol on the third reel with max bet for your free spin, this is random generated, correct? And secondly and more puzzling to me, once you do get the spin symbol on the third reel for a free win spin, is this a rng win amount also determined by the machine when you hit the spin button to start the wheel turning? In other words, when you hit the spin button for your winning spin to start the wheel spinning on top of the machine, is the winning amount on the top wheel also random generated? For example,let's say you hit winning spin button immediately or wait five seconds before hitting the winning spin button to start the wheel turning, will the same dollar amount come up on the turning wheel for your win amount? Or would potentially a different win amount result depending when you hit that spin button to start the wheel turning? Thanks.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
February 1st, 2010 at 11:37:53 AM permalink
Sue, I have no way of knowing, but I play the wheel as if it was another new RNG. Sometimes I slap the "SPIN" button as quickly as I can once it's been activated, other times I count to 5, etc.
A falling knife has no handle.
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
February 18th, 2010 at 3:02:28 PM permalink
I'm a sucker for the WoF machine... and I make a big production of hitting the SPIN button hollering things like "Big Money No Whammies!" good times
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
February 18th, 2010 at 4:25:37 PM permalink
Quote: slyther

I'm a sucker for the WoF machine... and I make a big production of hitting the SPIN button hollering things like "Big Money No Whammies!" good times

LOL, I always shout out, "I'LL TAKE A "G"!" When I hit the spin button, or some such. "I'D LIKE TO BUY A VOWEL, PAT!!!".
A falling knife has no handle.
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
February 18th, 2010 at 9:04:28 PM permalink
Quote: sue106

I have a few questions about the "Wheel of Fortune" slot machine. Is this an RNG machine so when you hit the spin button to start the game a randomly computer generated result on the three reels? So if you get the Wheel of Fortune spin symbol on the third reel with max bet for your free spin, this is random generated, correct?"

Yes, the result is randomly generated. To be more specific, the symbol that appears on each reel is randomly generated, independently of the symbols chosen for the other 2 reels.

Quote: sue106

And secondly and more puzzling to me, once you do get the spin symbol on the third reel for a free win spin, is this a rng win amount also determined by the machine when you hit the spin button to start the wheel turning? In other words, when you hit the spin button for your winning spin to start the wheel spinning on top of the machine, is the winning amount on the top wheel also random generated? For example,let's say you hit winning spin button immediately or wait five seconds before hitting the winning spin button to start the wheel turning, will the same dollar amount come up on the turning wheel for your win amount? Or would potentially a different win amount result depending when you hit that spin button to start the wheel turning? Thanks.

The short answer is that it doesn't matter either way, and there's no way of knowing unless you programmed the machine. The long answer is that it probably works like this: the RNG is cycling through millions of possibilities per second, and the instant you press the button is when it uses the current number to determine the outcome. If this is the case, then waiting another 5 seconds, or even 0.001 seconds might produce a different outcome. But since you can't press the button at both times and compare the results, you have no way of knowing... and it doesn't matter in the long run anyway.

With Wheel of Fortune-type bonus spins, each slice of the wheel has a different probability of being selected (typically the lower prizes have a higher probability of being selected), but the slice that you are given is still determined randomly.
  • Jump to: