boochaka
boochaka
  • Threads: 4
January 22nd, 2010 at 8:01:48 AM permalink
I am trying to program a slot, all by myself.

I created a RNG using Mersenne Twister algorithm, and following some of the IGT certification guidelines.

I am now trying to design reels, and the symbols on it.
I'm making a 5 reel, 9 paylines, 64 stops machine (but all this can vary in the future)

Knowing how many symbols of each type should be on each reel
My question is: how symbols should be distributed among the reel? Their location should be taken random or there are some templates or rules to follow in order to preserve payoffs?

Hope I made myself clear. Thx in advance.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 22nd, 2010 at 8:25:30 PM permalink
I've said this before, but I think my Atkin's Diet slot machine is a great, yet simple, example of 5-reel slot design. As for the symbol placement on the reels, I have a program that shuffles them, yet keeps like symbols on a reel spaced at least three apart, so you never see two on the same reel at the same time. If I do a machine with playing card symbols (A,K,Q,J,10,9), and I see a bunch in a row, I'll manually do some swapping to break the run.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
boochaka
boochaka
  • Threads: 4
January 26th, 2010 at 4:24:19 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I've said this before, but I think my Atkin's Diet slot machine is a great, yet simple, example of 5-reel slot design. As for the symbol placement on the reels, I have a program that shuffles them, yet keeps like symbols on a reel spaced at least three apart, so you never see two on the same reel at the same time. If I do a machine with playing card symbols (A,K,Q,J,10,9), and I see a bunch in a row, I'll manually do some swapping to break the run.

Thanks, I do saw the Slot Machine doc before I posted, but I didn't realize how the reels where generated. Knowing that, gives me a clue on where to start generating my reels and testing them.

Thanks again.
  • Jump to: