Slotenthusiast
Slotenthusiast
Joined: May 10, 2023
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 13
October 4th, 2023 at 10:18:02 PM permalink
I was playing a game at one of my locals today while waiting for food. Got the bonus and ended up getting 90 spins on an AGS game that seemed to be a clone of that one with the butterflies. Even with fast stopping the bonus it took 15 mins. Only won $200 on a $2 bet. While not totally suspenseful I feel the fact it did all these tease animations in conjunction with a ton of spins makes this slot fall into that category.

Another one is lightning link. When you get close to filling the screen the music changes, and you canít fast stop to get to the end result.

Am I the only one that doesnít enjoy these types of games? Donít get me wrong I love gambling and winning money, I just donít like long extremely drawn out processes and fake suspense.

Who exactly are these types of machines geared toward?
avianrandy
avianrandy
Joined: Mar 7, 2010
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 1361
October 5th, 2023 at 1:31:49 AM permalink
Trying to get your adrenaline flowing so you will sink more money in. When they changed the double diamond reel machines,now it pings on double diamond on first reel and double diamond on second reel. Old machine didn't do this. Trying to get you excited. Personally I don't care for it.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 5016
October 5th, 2023 at 1:43:26 AM permalink
I've noticed a few slot machines that offer a choice between a lengthy bonus round and a random prize award of comparable value.

I don't think you're alone.
I will note that a number of reports say that many compulsive gamblers become agitated during the lengthy bonus rounds, because it breaks the rhythm that they're used to.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Slotenthusiast
Slotenthusiast
Joined: May 10, 2023
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 13
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
October 5th, 2023 at 8:21:11 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

I've noticed a few slot machines that offer a choice between a lengthy bonus round and a random prize award of comparable value.

I don't think you're alone.
I will note that a number of reports say that many compulsive gamblers become agitated during the lengthy bonus rounds, because it breaks the rhythm that they're used to.
link to original post



Lol. Iím an AP but I guess used to have some of the traits of a compulsive gambler many years ago. The way I look at it, is that in the time it takes that 15 min bonus round to complete I could have checked 20 machines.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 5016
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
October 5th, 2023 at 9:39:29 AM permalink
Quote: Slotenthusiast

Quote: Dieter

I've noticed a few slot machines that offer a choice between a lengthy bonus round and a random prize award of comparable value.

I don't think you're alone.
I will note that a number of reports say that many compulsive gamblers become agitated during the lengthy bonus rounds, because it breaks the rhythm that they're used to.
link to original post



Lol. Iím an AP but I guess used to have some of the traits of a compulsive gambler many years ago. The way I look at it, is that in the time it takes that 15 min bonus round to complete I could have checked 20 machines.
link to original post



If you have a companion with you to watch the bonus, you can go to the bathroom and scout on the way back...
May the cards fall in your favor.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 139
  • Posts: 16530
October 5th, 2023 at 9:39:53 AM permalink
Quote: Slotenthusiast

Quote: Dieter

I've noticed a few slot machines that offer a choice between a lengthy bonus round and a random prize award of comparable value.

I don't think you're alone.
I will note that a number of reports say that many compulsive gamblers become agitated during the lengthy bonus rounds, because it breaks the rhythm that they're used to.
link to original post



Lol. Iím an AP but I guess used to have some of the traits of a compulsive gambler many years ago. The way I look at it, is that in the time it takes that 15 min bonus round to complete I could have checked 20 machines.
link to original post



Ain't that the truth?
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Slotenthusiast
Slotenthusiast
Joined: May 10, 2023
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 13
October 5th, 2023 at 11:29:48 AM permalink
Quote: avianrandy

Trying to get your adrenaline flowing so you will sink more money in. When they changed the double diamond reel machines,now it pings on double diamond on first reel and double diamond on second reel. Old machine didn't do this. Trying to get you excited. Personally I don't care for it.
link to original post



💯
CrystalynFerrer
CrystalynFerrer
Joined: Oct 9, 2023
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1
Thanks for this post from:
avianrandy
October 9th, 2023 at 6:41:24 AM permalink
You're not alone in your feelings towards slots with prolonged bonuses and tease animations. Many players find them frustrating and prefer games with simpler, quicker bonuses or those that offer more straightforward gameplay. Personal preferences play a significant role when it comes to enjoying slot machines, and it's essential to choose games that align with your individual tastes and expectations.

Slots with elaborate bonuses and extended gameplay, such as the ones you mentioned (AGS and Lightning Link), are often designed to appeal to players who enjoy the thrill of anticipation and the excitement of potentially big wins. These games tend to attract players who are willing to invest time and money in pursuit of a life-changing jackpot.

But, there are also many players who prefer games with shorter bonuses, simple gameplay, and quicker payouts. These players might find the constant teasing and prolonged bonuses in games like AGS and Lightning Link to be annoying or stressful, as they may feel like they're not making progress or achieving their desired outcome quickly enough. Then, it comes down to personal preference and what type of gaming experience each individual finds enjoyable.

It's important to remember that there's no right or wrong way to enjoy slots; everyone has unique tastes and expectations. If you find yourself consistently feeling frustrated or unengaged with certain types of games, consider exploring alternative options that better suit your preferences. Try out different games, and see what works best for you. Remember, it's always essential to gamble responsibly and within your means, regardless of the type of game you choose to play.
MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 6661
October 9th, 2023 at 7:57:15 AM permalink
"It's important to remember that there's no right or wrong way" this is a standard go to chat GPT line.

My wife loves using chat GPT for all sorts of things but I barely consult with it. I find it to be exceedingly mealy mouthed when it comes to much of its advice. I actually accused it of being so on a consultation and it seemed to get defensive. 😁 When I used it when it first came out, I think it made more of a stand on what's what, and I accused it of having becoming more wishy washy over time.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
rainman
rainman
Joined: Mar 28, 2012
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 1814
October 9th, 2023 at 11:04:16 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

"It's important to remember that there's no right or wrong way" this is a standard go to chat GPT line.

My wife loves using chat GPT for all sorts of things but I barely consult with it. I find it to be exceedingly mealy mouthed when it comes to much of its advice. I actually accused it of being so on a consultation and it seemed to get defensive. 😁 When I used it when it first came out, I think it made more of a stand on what's what, and I accused it of having becoming more wishy washy over time.
link to original post




IT's evolving Dawg, soon it will be like asking a question to a Politician or Lawyer. 😁
PenguinsOfPit
PenguinsOfPit
Joined: Feb 18, 2023
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 58
October 9th, 2023 at 2:05:14 PM permalink
The volcano and women animation on the Fire Light Eruption slot really bring it down. The women especially because only getting 3 is the bare minimum win and no way is that worth the wait
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 617
  • Posts: 4085
October 9th, 2023 at 5:23:45 PM permalink
Quote: CrystalynFerrer

You're not alone in your feelings towards slots with prolonged bonuses and tease animations. Many players find them frustrating and prefer games with simpler, quicker bonuses or those that offer more straightforward gameplay. Personal preferences play a significant role when it comes to enjoying slot machines, and it's essential to choose games that align with your individual tastes and expectations.
link to original post

An Earlier reply in this thread had similar (if not exactly the same) wording.
that reply and user has since been removed.

yup, it's an AI bot
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
ChallengedMilly
ChallengedMilly
Joined: Jul 25, 2021
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 218
October 19th, 2023 at 8:47:25 AM permalink
If my wife and I are at a casino for an extended stay, then it is more fun for an extended roll because our goal is to maximize our time physically in the casino, vs trying to win/lose as fast as we can to go do other things. We usually play mornings or late afternoon, spending the rest of the day sight seeing or doing other couples activities. I think for anyone trying to have an extended time inside the casino on the casino floor, these games are perfect for them/us. If I'm watching her play slots or I'm playing and she's watching me or if we're both playing machines next to each other, the goal isn't to win/lose fast its to enjoy the company of each other. Excitement over a big extended win is something she gets joy out of, because she doesn't understand as much about the inner workings of the machines that I do.

Now the flipside is if I'm playing video poker or craps. I want the maximum amount of rolls per hour and hands per hour, because my goal is to double my bankroll or go bust.

  • Jump to: