Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
August 21st, 2021 at 2:18:00 PM permalink
Encountered in my travels.

Rather than having a common TITO printer loaded with a deck of thermal paper, the player gets a smartcard (readily available, presumably loaded with $0 balance), inserts it in the machine, and selects cashout.

Cashout is otherwise similar to TITO - relatively quick (a few seconds), redeem at a cashout station.

Insert smartcard, select redemption options, receive cash below.

I imagine this is an advantage for slot route operators who do not want to lose revenue when the machine locks itself up because it's out of TITO paper but also want to service the route infrequently.

I do not expect there are any AP opportunities on any machine equipped with this. Games all appeared to have $1000 max payout, so no W2G lockup (good for infrequently serviced slot parlors with no on-site attendant), and RTP estimates were around 84% via SWAG methodology.
May the cards fall in your favor.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
August 21st, 2021 at 2:30:02 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Encountered in my travels.

Rather than having a common TITO printer loaded with a deck of thermal paper, the player gets a smartcard (readily available, presumably loaded with $0 balance), inserts it in the machine, and selects cashout.

Cashout is otherwise similar to TITO - relatively quick (a few seconds), redeem at a cashout station.

Insert smartcard, select redemption options, receive cash below.

I imagine this is an advantage for slot route operators who do not want to lose revenue when the machine locks itself up because it's out of TITO paper but also want to service the route infrequently.

I do not expect there are any AP opportunities on any machine equipped with this. Games all appeared to have $1000 max payout, so no W2G lockup (good for infrequently serviced slot parlors with no on-site attendant), and RTP estimates were around 84% via SWAG methodology.

I don't understand what you mean by rtp is 84%? Is it a game or just a replacement for Tito services?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
August 21st, 2021 at 2:55:58 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I don't understand what you mean by rtp is 84%? Is it a game or just a replacement for Tito services?

The place I saw this technology installed is notorious for offering low RTP games.

The cashout system accurately loads the smart card with the credits on the meter.

The redemption kiosk accurately converts the total to cash money.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
August 21st, 2021 at 3:20:15 PM permalink

The place I saw this technology installed is notorious for offering low RTP games.

The cashout system accurately loads the smart card with the credits on the meter.

The redemption kiosk accurately converts the total to cash money.

Is there a name associated with the card or is it like at Dave n Buster's.

I ask because does it help in tracking if say, you leave your credits in the slot and someone loads it onto their card, is the name of who stole it now easy to identify?

It also would make structuring much easier to track as well.

If it's just for ease of use, no name attached it's fine by me.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
August 21st, 2021 at 3:34:01 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Is there a name associated with the card or is it like at Dave n Buster's.

I ask because does it help in tracking if say, you leave your credits in the slot and someone loads it onto their card, is the name of who stole it now easy to identify?

It also would make structuring much easier to track as well.

If it's just for ease of use, no name attached it's fine by me.

At this particular venue, which offers perhaps 5 or 6 machines, there is nobody on site to associate a name with a card.

There is a basket of cards on the redemption kiosk. I presume they are $0 balance. This can be confirmed at the kiosk.

Players may select a card for cashout, walk the 14 feet to a machine, play, cashout to card, and then return to the kiosk.

I imagine the technology could be used with a smartcard equipped players club card... just not at this fine slot concession.

I didn't find the coin pusher outside the slot room interesting enough to play. There was only a single $100 note on the playfield, not close enough to the edge to be +EV.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
August 21st, 2021 at 8:06:03 PM permalink

There is a basket of cards on the redemption kiosk. I presume they are $0 balance. This can be confirmed at the kiosk.

im quite impressed with your answer tbh bravo to the establishment
  • Jump to: