bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
May 14th, 2019 at 6:26:06 PM permalink
I imagine most of you, or a lot of you, read CDC Gaming Reports so you probably already saw this article. Anyway, Munchkin posted a link on twitter yesterday. Two congressmen are asking Treasury to up the threshold from $1200 to $5000. Here we go again, good luck with that. One is a democrat, one is a republican. God bless them. Can't we all just get along?

Here is the link. Btw, if you don't regularly check out CDC, you should. Very informative.

https://www.cdcgamingreports.com/nevada-illinois-representatives-want-jackpot-reporting-threshold-raised-to-5000/
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 14th, 2019 at 6:31:45 PM permalink
The request comes almost three years after the gaming industry and its congressional representatives beat back an effort by the Internal Revenue Service to lower the reporting threshold to $600.

I wasn't aware the gaming industry had any representatives in Congress. I remember Hunter Thompson used to call Scoop Jackson the Senator from Boeing.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 14th, 2019 at 8:10:25 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

The request comes almost three years after the gaming industry and its congressional representatives beat back an effort by the Internal Revenue Service to lower the reporting threshold to $600.

I wasn't aware the gaming industry had any representatives in Congress. I remember Hunter Thompson used to call Scoop Jackson the Senator from Boeing.

There's at least one professional gaming lobbyist out there. Ex-NV congressman named Rob Porter works for gaming. Nice.guy, seems.to be good at his job.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: