smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 87
November 24th, 2018 at 9:20:37 AM permalink
Hey slot players, do you do this?

When you win, do you think about how many times your bet you won? In other words, you win $40 on your $5 bet, so you think of it in terms of an 8 for 1 win.

These days, I now think of slot wins in relation to video poker wins—so if I get a 9 for 1 win, I think of it as like getting a full house.

I think that makes slot wins more interesting because a $50 payout might seem like just a nice little sum, but if you're playing only 25 cents a spin, it's a HUGE 200 for 1 win. On the flip side, you can quantify when some bonus rounds truly suck because you went through the rigamarole for only a 3 for 1 win.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
smoothgrh
November 24th, 2018 at 11:28:28 PM permalink
Doesn't cross my mind per se, it's not that important.
I am a robot.
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
Thanked by
smoothgrh
November 24th, 2018 at 11:43:55 PM permalink
I don't play slots often, but when I do, I am thinking about how much I've bet up to a certain point and if I've won more than I lost. Yeah, I do think of bets as units that can comprise a bigger win.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
KevinAA
KevinAA
  • Threads: 18
January 13th, 2019 at 12:26:04 AM permalink
Quote: Minty

I don't play slots often, but when I do, I am thinking about how much I've bet up to a certain point and if I've won more than I lost. Yeah, I do think of bets as units that can comprise a bigger win.

I always compare amount won to amount bet. I suspect that's rare, given how many times I've seen people getting super excited over a $60 win on a $4 bet. BFD
  • Jump to: