PapaChubby
PapaChubby
  • Threads: 11
July 5th, 2011 at 2:45:26 PM permalink
Two days until Vegas! I'm staying for several days at Planet Hollywood, then a few days at Aria. I'm looking forward to playing in several tournaments during my visit. I've got Binions, Venetian and Aria on my calendar, all with around $100-150 entry fees. I'm concerned because the main event of the WSOP will be going on during my visit. Does anybody know how much the normal card rooms and tournaments blow up during the WSOP?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
July 5th, 2011 at 2:52:06 PM permalink
Quote: PapaChubby

Two days until Vegas! I'm staying for several days at Planet Hollywood, then a few days at Aria. I'm looking forward to playing in several tournaments during my visit. I've got Binions, Venetian and Aria on my calendar, all with around $100-150 entry fees. I'm concerned because the main event of the WSOP will be going on during my visit. Does anybody know how much the normal card rooms and tournaments blow up during the WSOP?

From what I have read quite a bit but I doubt you will have a problem getting seated. Real WSOP players know their best chance to make money is to jump in the aquarium of other cash games or quick tourneys.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
July 5th, 2011 at 3:25:07 PM permalink
Dunno, but I played in a $65 NLHE tournament at Silverton on Saturday (first live poker experience ever!) and it was packed to the rafters. Friend took second, by the way.

Nice room, tournament offers good value ($2,000 guarantee), but the blind structure could use some work. Comps and rake are generally better than the strip rooms, but not much action on weekdays.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
July 6th, 2011 at 11:07:50 AM permalink
Don't forget that the Venetian DSE series is still running so they don't have their usual noon tourneys. The DSE buyins are a bit higher than what you said you were looking for. They still have the usual 7pm tourney however.
PapaChubby
PapaChubby
  • Threads: 11
July 6th, 2011 at 11:34:31 AM permalink
Quote: slyther

Don't forget that the Venetian DSE series is still running so they don't have their usual noon tourneys. The DSE buyins are a bit higher than what you said you were looking for. They still have the usual 7pm tourney however.

Thanks for the info. The 7pm is the one I am planning on.
  • Jump to: