• Threads: 89
December 11th, 2020 at 6:47:54 PM permalink
Is 2020 the most insane year ever
I am absolutely shocked by this video
WTF is happening to people
The absolute insanity of this.
In the age of the virus
This is 3 days ago

Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
December 11th, 2020 at 7:11:00 PM permalink
Was that MDawg & Axel?

Don't be too shocked this is right in line with the very nature of Man
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
December 11th, 2020 at 7:12:23 PM permalink
It was a bad beat.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
December 11th, 2020 at 7:37:54 PM permalink
The story is that the guy dumped beer on Patches (the dealer) head and was using racial slurs. Sadly even with the provoking Patches can’t act the way he did. He’ll never get a gambling licence again imo.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
USpapergames
USpapergames
December 11th, 2020 at 7:56:37 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

The story is that the guy dumped beer on Patches (the dealer) head and was using racial slurs. Sadly even with the provoking Patches can’t act the way he did. He’ll never get a gambling licence again imo.

I'm a professional poker player & I couldn't agree more with what you just said. These are crazy times, I saw a guy chase the floor man with death threats around Thunder Valley just a few months ago :( We both know this isn't good for the game from our perspective. We would prefer that the fish be content with their losses, to begin with but we also don't like the dealer losing us a fish cause that guy probably isn't going to be feeling in the mood to play some poker for a minute.
Math is the only true form of knowledge
USpapergames
USpapergames
December 11th, 2020 at 8:33:36 PM permalink
Quote: rainman

Was that MDawg & Axel?

Don't be too shocked this is right in line with the very nature of Man

I can't change your opinion but please don't believe what you just said. War, violence & suffering is not inevitable with our species. We can learn to overcome our wickedness. But that speech probably isn't going to do it for you so I'll appeal to your logic & reasoning side.

The truth is violence does nothing to make you a winner in the vast majority of situations. There hasn't been a war after the middle ages that had a winner in it. Back in the day, civilizations would war for materials. The land and its resources whereof value, plus also the people since they could become your slaves. Now whoever wins 🏆 that would actually be considered the visitor but in today's wars, nobody gains ANYTHING! People who say the economy gets stimulated are full of it! Our nation pays the bill with your GDP debt. Today's wars are like having an architecture contest with the opposing nation, where we build the most expensive, efficient, massive buildings and once they are awarded a ranking they are immediately destroyed wasting all the money, time & effort just to kill people. This is the most stupidest idea ever & if all global leaders were smart enough to see this war could go extinct!

2nd argument, violence towards someone who isn't a threat can only make you a winner if the disagreement was literally over who was the better fighter. Think about it, if we have a disagreement (let's say about religion since that's the worst one) & you beat my ass because you believe in a different God than I, but did you really win something? If this example were true then I'm not changing my opinion of God because of your beating. No matter how much of a beating I take nobody could ever convince me that math isn't real. The entire reason (in this example) for you being upset is because of my beliefs but you kicking my ass hasn't changed my beliefs, so how possibly could you say that violence has solved or improved the situation in the slightest?

3rd, then you get to the worst type of violence which is genocide. Hitler never once tried to change the jews but rather deemed them tainted & unsavable. So instead he thought genocide was the answer. Many people thought out history have resorted to violence to get what they want & sadly sometimes it works (like Beethoven's father). A classic example of it working is torture, but just look how much violence you have to inflict just to get someone to do or believe what you want.

Hope this is a good lesson for you. We as humans need to stop acting on our fight or flight responses & be taught this knowledge in our public high schools when kids are old enough to understand this but young enough to learn & adapt from it.
Last edited by: USpapergames on Dec 11, 2020
Math is the only true form of knowledge
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
Matox8
December 11th, 2020 at 11:28:32 PM permalink
Rules are like bones. It's more fun to break them.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 55
December 12th, 2020 at 6:44:29 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Rules are like bones. It's more fun to break them.

With all the many C-virus "rules" that everyone is breaking from one end of this country to the other, folks are going to have a LOT of "fun" through the holidays and beyond. Cheers!
Matox8
Matox8
  • Threads: 0
December 12th, 2020 at 9:35:59 AM permalink
The money isnt only thing this guy lost
  • Jump to: