Poll

No votes (0%)
3 votes (100%)

3 members have voted

Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
April 19th, 2015 at 12:17:06 PM permalink
I play at Carbon poker. They have a $150,000 guaranteed tournament on Sundays. I tried several times to win a ticket this week @ $11 per effort. I didn't get in. Sunday morning I receive an email that I had a coupon to use to enter the tourney. I didn't understand why, but went ahead to register. It told me I didn't have a coupon. When I contacted Tech Support they had me forward the email to them.

After a few hours I checked back to see if they were going to stand behind the email. It clearly said "You have a coupon to use" (I can link it I guess if anyone's interested). Instead, I was credited $11 in my account to use for another attempt in the future. They said it was a one time error and honest mistake - and they couldn't put me in the tourney.

I know I didn't win an entry ticket. (And I admitted as much in the chat conversation with Carbon). But I also didn't solicit the email and it was their mistake not mine. I offered to take only a share of any winnings if I should place as an attempt to offset their risk (they are a gambling site, after all). $11 was the best I could do.

I did say that I understood their position, but it makes me queasy to wonder if other future offers or promos will be wiped away by an "honest mistake". Thoughts?
  • Jump to: