frisbee25
frisbee25
  • Threads: 12
February 14th, 2015 at 1:52:25 PM permalink
Does the probability decrease if everyone folds before you in texas holdem as you get near late position of them having aces? I know aces is probability divided by players dealt in but when people fold it confuses me some.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
February 14th, 2015 at 2:06:37 PM permalink
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if the probability of someone in late position having AA increases as those in early position fold? If so, then yes, the probability of those in late position having AA (or any good hand) increases as you see others folding with (presumably) weak hands. But there's no way to determine the odds in a concrete way since different players will fold or call/raise with the same hand.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Frogger
Frogger
  • Threads: 14
February 14th, 2015 at 4:19:41 PM permalink
Quote: frisbee25

Does the probability decrease if everyone folds before you in texas holdem as you get near late position of them having aces? I know aces is probability divided by players dealt in but when people fold it confuses me some.

I think so, but definitely hard to figure out how much. People with an Ace are definitely more likely to see the flop
MangoJ
MangoJ
  • Threads: 10
February 14th, 2015 at 9:00:37 PM permalink
Quote: frisbee25

Well, assuming you (or your opponents) fold less hands with aces, any folded hand increases the probability that any unseen card will be an Ace.
frisbee25
frisbee25
  • Threads: 12
February 16th, 2015 at 8:50:42 PM permalink
alright
  • Jump to: