Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
October 16th, 2014 at 1:36:10 PM permalink
I am polishing up a murder mystery I've written that revolves around a multi day poker tournament. I've tried pokerstars and club WPT but can't seem to find what the daily schedule looks like...start time, lunch/dinner breaks, etc. Anybody know of a link to something like that? I've only done weekend ones - not sure how the day plays out for one of the $10,000 big boys.

Thanks.

Woldus

When it's finished I'll probably do a 5 day free download from Kindle so I'll make sure to post when it's available.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 16th, 2014 at 1:39:24 PM permalink
did you look on wsop.com

I am pretty sure they have their levels posted for the main event.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
October 16th, 2014 at 1:54:09 PM permalink
" When it's finished I'll probably do a 5 day free download from Kindle so I'll make sure to post when it's available. "

Aww, everybody knows the dealer is the murderer. Just ask Phil Helmith !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Woldus
Woldus
October 16th, 2014 at 3:00:39 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

did you look on wsop.com

I am pretty sure they have their levels posted for the main event.

Yeah. They have basic starts times but not a day to day agenda like I'm looking for...maybe it doesn't exist.
Thanks, though.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 16th, 2014 at 3:54:08 PM permalink
how abouts this

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/structure-sheet.asp?tid=12861

or this

http://www.wsop.com/2014/structuresheets/13665-structure.pdf
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 16th, 2014 at 9:48:41 PM permalink
I watched a great deal of WSOP play this past summer; in general, games started somewhere between 10 am (rare) and 1 pm (usual) each day, including multi-day tournaments. Every 2 hours, they took a 15 to 20 minute break. At 6 hours, they took a 75-90 minute dinner break. They continued until 1 am by schedule, then if they were at a stopping point, they quit for the night. If they were heads-up or final tabled, and the event was expected to end that night, they usually gave the players the option of stopping for the night or continuing; all players had to agree to continue for them to go on. Everything was a little bit flexible, because there was no telling the exact minute they'd be at the end of a hand.

If it was a large tournament being cut down to a final table or a certain amount of tables for the next day's game, and that number of players was reached early, they usually stopped early. If they reached the scheduled end of the day and had 1 more player/table than planned, they would stop, and the extra player would be seated at the table to start the next day. Otherwise they tended to continue until they had at least that few players. Blind schedule was on a timer that was published ahead of time and adhered to.

There was drink service at the tables, but it didn't look like any food was served. Some players appeared to have snacks, like protein bars/chips/candy/mints along with them. A lot of people had their iPhones/whatever plugged in under the table. Quite a few people were wearing headsets. People also got out of their chairs and stepped away to use their phones or went to the rail if they weren't in a hand and it looked like they had a minute, but they had to be in their seat by the time the dealer started pitching the new hand.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Woldus
Woldus
October 18th, 2014 at 7:39:36 PM permalink
Thanks for the responses. They jive with what I've seen, too.
I'll make sure to let you know when the book is available.
Thanks, again.
W
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
October 18th, 2014 at 7:59:25 PM permalink
Quote: Woldus

is centered around

How is something "centered around" something else? Did you mean "revolves around"? Or "is centered on"? Are you sure you should have written a book?
  • Jump to: