Thread Rating:

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 169
April 21st, 2021 at 1:45:33 PM permalink

he broke exactly even today - considering a bet on both Win and Place
he didn't get any good prices on his wins - there were lots of scratches

𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳.........𝖤𝖽𝗀𝖺𝗋 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝖾
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 33
April 21st, 2021 at 1:54:28 PM permalink
At 15/2 2nd should have shown a profit - https://www.skysports.com/racing/racecards/tampa-bay-downs/21-04-2021/1003681/race-3-claiming (although the book value of 121% looks fairly terrible).
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 19
April 21st, 2021 at 5:33:03 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

he broke exactly even today - considering a bet on both Win and Place
he didn't get any good prices on his wins - there were lots of scratches

Most of his picks went off at much lower odds compared with the ML. Some of the drop was likely due to scratches. He is either seeing/hearing stuff others are also seeing/hearing or he has a bit of a following depressing the odds. In the 8th race he had the 7/5 winner who was 12/1 morning line in an 8k claimer for F+M 3+. Big swing in price for a large track like TBay ime.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
April 29th, 2021 at 2:20:08 AM permalink

this is the timeform.us breakdown of the Kentucky Oaks which can be thought of as the KY Derby for fillies. the big no. is a speed figure that considers pace and previous relevant races - maybe best thought of as a power no. - interestingly they have the fave Malathaat as being out of the money - the figures to the right of the big no. are the early pace and closing speed figures - up top on the right is how they see the early pace situation - timeform is highly regarded by many serious bettors - this race will be televised by NBCSP

𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳.........𝖤𝖽𝗀𝖺𝗋 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝖾
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 211
May 4th, 2021 at 4:00:26 PM permalink
How is Pimlico not in Maryland but in Chile? I bet on a race, and then realized how insane it was. The jockey was showing off standing up on the horse before the finish line for at least 50 feet.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
May 5th, 2021 at 4:02:00 AM permalink

..............................(~:\

for the first time in my life I bet on Hong Kong racing, Happy Valley
race 1 went off at 6:45 a.m. est a few minutes ago

it's only a Wednesday there but there was $ millions in the pools

on another forum a poster claimed he was winning there by dutching the top 3 faves - there are many more horses in the field than in U.S. racing so the payouts on them is generally a lot larger

of course that he could win that easily sounds like a crock to me but I did it anyway - with a small amount - recreational stuff

the bet won and I almost doubled my money - pretty fun - of course it wouldn't have been as much fun if I'd have lost

I will do this again with small amounts for fun - like the old saying goes - "I'd rather be lucky than good"

Twin Spires offers betting on Hong Kong racing as well as on many European races some of which also have very large fields

not sure about the other legal U.S. books but I would guess they have this too - not wanting to be put in an uncompetitive postion

Quote: onenickelmiracle

How is Pimlico not in Maryland but in Chile? I bet on a race, and then realized how insane it was. The jockey was showing off standing up on the horse before the finish line for at least 50 feet.

the link explains how and why this happened

https://www.paulickreport.com/horseplayers-category/maryland-jockey-club-to-begin-latin-american-simulcasts-on-may-3/

I've seen an article on Chile racing and their takeouts are much higher than in the U.S.
I would guess that to be true with other South American venues

years ago when they were doing this I made a bet - I think Chile - an exacta box that won with a horse 7/1 over a 5/1

it paid $11.00 for a $1.00 bet

never again will I bet South American style

Last edited by: lilredrooster on May 5, 2021
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 5th, 2021 at 4:56:53 AM permalink
I really do not like any foreign racing. Australian I could tolerate but they run clockwise(which was the standard we defy), and all the horses have the same color flags on their bodies. I can never tell who is who, guess they don't want privilege. Big fields, hills, I'm always lost when the race begins. The Chilean racing, no thanks after the jockey showed off standing up for at least what I thought was before the finish line, I don't know.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
May 6th, 2021 at 3:26:27 AM permalink

got a laugh out of this one
jock thought he won - started celebrating too soon - he hadn't actually crossed the wire - ended up 3rd
imagine if you had big bucks riding on his mount ....................................................................................................................(~:\

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 6th, 2021 at 4:20:31 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

got a laugh out of this one
jock thought he won - started celebrating too soon - he hadn't actually crossed the wire - ended up 3rd
imagine if you had big bucks riding on his mount ....................................................................................................................(~:\

Who can forget Leon Lett?

• Jump to: