It is 5 min to post and Raintree is 9-1
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
March 9th, 2019 at 3:07:17 PM permalink
Quote: SkipDaName - JustDaFactsM'am

Perfect track conditions

Yeesh.

Aside from the fact that it has been and at this time still is an "off" track officially rated as such by track personnel for the horse race bettor's information. Not too surprisingly after the HEAVY RAIN today, which leaves it now becoming an unevenly sticky and drying racing surface under the SEVERE WIND conditions which right now are over 25 mph & gusting higher.

Which really isn't so bad at all and is even something I'd call pretty good luck, because it escaped a hit from the TWO TORNADOS that have just torn through the area today destroying numerous homes and buildings in the town next door less than 10 miles West, with the other one deciding to duck Oaklawn even a bit more by cutting a swath about 30 miles NW of the track today, with only two non-fatal casualties that are known so far, according to the National Weather Service.

None of which, by the way, is necessarily particularly disadvantageous to the chances of Fin's Raintree Starlet, in my opinion. But some people who are not on-track do consider such things highly relevant to spotting track bias conditions and doing trip handicapping with their money, so the usual everyday WoV reality manufacturing stuff isn't such a great idea for this purpose.

That done, we'll sing it together: Go l'll Starlet, no worse for wear & no reason to do any less than others for any of the above..
"I'm against stuff like crack and math" --AxelWolf
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
March 9th, 2019 at 3:12:08 PM permalink
Off at 13-1. Finished 6 or 7. Too fast and too long.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
March 9th, 2019 at 3:14:02 PM permalink
Man what is with Gary Stevens today, he is off his game. Seems to be stammering a lot and even misidentified a horse on A REPLAY?
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
March 9th, 2019 at 3:34:52 PM permalink
Of course, she may quite likely still be a very nice highly talented filly, with most of a very good racing career still ahead of her. So given the calendar for her age restricted class her folks rightly posed a big question to learn what ELSE she could do, and may now conclude that she's not one of the dozen or so very best on the continent at the specific task of routing this distance of ground.

Which leaves most of the races carded every day in North America, including a heaping sheetload of rewarding stakes races, for her to potentially excel at and get rich before retiring to be a pampered mommy. I know I'm just babbling some simple "duh" stuff through the keyboard that most everybody reading this thread already knows. But I thought it might be forgiven for putting on a Captain Obvious hat this way at this time. My gambling voodoo consultant says many wins ahead to you, and thanks for sharing the ride.
"I'm against stuff like crack and math" --AxelWolf
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
March 9th, 2019 at 3:41:22 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

Yeesh.

Aside from the fact that it has been and at this time still is an "off" track officially rated as such by track personnel for the horse race bettor's information. Not too surprisingly after the HEAVY RAIN today, which leaves it now becoming an unevenly sticky and drying racing surface under the SEVERE WIND conditions which right now are over 25 mph & gusting higher.

Which really isn't so bad at all and is even something I'd call pretty good luck, because it escaped a hit from the TWO TORNADOS that have just torn through the area today destroying numerous homes and buildings in the town next door less than 10 miles West, with the other one deciding to duck Oaklawn even a bit more by cutting a swath about 30 miles NW of the track today, with only two non-fatal casualties that are known so far, according to the National Weather Service.

None of which, by the way, is necessarily particularly disadvantageous to the chances of Fin's Raintree Starlet, in my opinion. But some people who are not on-track do consider such things highly relevant to spotting track bias conditions and doing trip handicapping with their money, so the usual everyday WoV reality manufacturing stuff isn't such a great idea for this purpose.

That done, we'll sing it together: Go l'll Starlet, no worse for wear & no reason to do any less than others for any of the above..

Dude. I was paraphrasing the on-camera person who was on-site as to temperature and conditions, a couple hours before the race. This was an unnecessary flame. Maybe you gave a couple people here a superior smirk for 30 seconds. Doubt you accomplished anything else.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
March 9th, 2019 at 3:44:26 PM permalink
Seemed like Raintree did pretty well over the distance she knew how to run before. Enjoyed watching, and I hope she has a nice future. She looked like 6th to me, but as somebody said, it was a bit difficult to tell how they finished.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 123
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
March 9th, 2019 at 3:46:30 PM permalink
I guess Iím back here slumming it with you guys. No fame and riches for me.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Iíll let everyone know as soon as I hear if she came out of the race okay.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
  • Threads: 188
March 9th, 2019 at 4:00:53 PM permalink
I believe she could be a formidable sprinter.

Having her run 8.5 after having run no farther than 6 seems like they were asking too much.
"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
March 9th, 2019 at 5:04:56 PM permalink
Officially she finished 8th of 10 runners. Not a great result but still fun to watch her run and compete.
http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=OP&raceDate=03/09/2019&cy=USA&rn=9
Not that it really matters...
Fun fact, the track was upgrading from "good" to "fast" for the Honeybee @ Oaklawn today. :):):)

• Jump to: