bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
February 11th, 2015 at 7:29:39 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Quote: petroglyph

My mistake then I guess? I thought she was more physically involved. As I mentioned I have minimal contact with network news so I spoke without adequate foreknowledge.

You and others have more exposure and knowledge as to the actual events. What little I have witnessed "appeared" that Sarah was involved somehow?

It is extremely difficult for me to say anything positive about any politician, but from being there it was obvious at the time [90's, early 2000's] that Palin was sticking up for the citizens of her state. Me included. I empathize with her lifestyle, [sans politics] although her views on labor are different than mine. Also, her family and I would also disagree on fishing issues. I just found her to be one of the more moral pols. I think she and I have different religious views as well. She didn't do much about the oil royalty's but she did do something, which is more than most of the politico's in Alaska that swear fealty to big oil.

I thought when I stepped in there are plenty of the red/blue team members to bash and that someone who was there should speak up. If she [not her spawn] are guilty, fire away. As far as I am concerned you could probably hang 9 out of 10 members of congress and we would have a better country.

Actually all these children will be millionaires just like their parents. Crackhead O bama and his whole family, fat ass Michelle who corruptly got a half million dollar a

I wouldn't expect most people to know specific details about the brawl. It's not particilarly newsworthy. Just a tabloid story.

I was just proving my point that "white trash" is a very accurate description of the Palin family.... And anyone who thinks the Palin children will accomplish more in their lives than the Obama girls is delusional.

Actually all these children will be millionaires just like their parents. Crackhead Obama and his whole family, fat ass Michelle who corruptly got a half million dollar a year no show job at a hospital chain her husband steered millions to, illegal aliens Aunt Zeitune, Uncle Omar, the brother who lives in a Kenyan slum, the father in law who was a corrupt hack with the Daley machine, the polygamous father who died in a drunken crash years after losing a leg in another drunken crash, the Muslim slaveowning, dog-eating stepfather in Indonesia, etc., etc. So far his 2 ho-ettes have accomplished nothing but rolling their eyes at state functions and spending hundreds of millions traveling the planet in luxury at working peoples expense. My guess is they will "accomplish" nothing more than Chelsea Clinton. Which is to say they will have "accomplished" being Lucky Sperm.
The Obama family is the epitome of "black trash".
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 11th, 2015 at 8:26:09 AM permalink
Quote: bobsims

My mistake then I guess? I thought she was more physically involved. As I mentioned I have minimal contact with network news so I spoke without adequate foreknowledge.

You and others have more exposure and knowledge as to the actual events. What little I have witnessed "appeared" that Sarah was involved somehow?

It is extremely difficult for me to say anything positive about any politician, but from being there it was obvious at the time [90's, early 2000's] that Palin was sticking up for the citizens of her state. Me included. I empathize with her lifestyle, [sans politics] although her views on labor are different than mine. Also, her family and I would also disagree on fishing issues. I just found her to be one of the more moral pols. I think she and I have different religious views as well. She didn't do much about the oil royalty's but she did do something, which is more than most of the politico's in Alaska that swear fealty to big oil.

I thought when I stepped in there are plenty of the red/blue team members to bash and that someone who was there should speak up. If she [not her spawn] are guilty, fire away. As far as I am concerned you could probably hang 9 out of 10 members of congress and we would have a better country.

Actually all these children will be millionaires just like their parents. Crackhead O bama and his whole family, fat ass Michelle who corruptly got a half million dollar a

I wouldn't expect most people to know specific details about the brawl. It's not particilarly newsworthy. Just a tabloid story.

I was just proving my point that "white trash" is a very accurate description of the Palin family.... And anyone who thinks the Palin children will accomplish more in their lives than the Obama girls is delusional.

Actually all these children will be millionaires just like their parents. Crackhead Obama and his whole family, fat ass Michelle who corruptly got a half million dollar a year no show job at a hospital chain her husband steered millions to, illegal aliens Aunt Zeitune, Uncle Omar, the brother who lives in a Kenyan slum, the father in law who was a corrupt hack with the Daley machine, the polygamous father who died in a drunken crash years after losing a leg in another drunken crash, the Muslim slaveowning, dog-eating stepfather in Indonesia, etc., etc. So far his 2 ho-ettes have accomplished nothing but rolling their eyes at state functions and spending hundreds of millions traveling the planet in luxury at working peoples expense. My guess is they will "accomplish" nothing more than Chelsea Clinton. Which is to say they will have "accomplished" being Lucky Sperm.

This is incredibly offensive. Stop polluting this board with this kind of characterization, please.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
February 11th, 2015 at 8:38:12 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

This is incredibly offensive. Stop polluting this board with this kind of characterization, please.

Does anyone say the same thing when the Palin family is called white trash on this board?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
February 11th, 2015 at 8:40:39 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Does anyone say the same thing when the Palin family is called white trash on this board?

You certainly could if you wanted to. Free speech reigns.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
February 11th, 2015 at 9:09:07 AM permalink

You certainly could if you wanted to. Free speech reigns.

I think their question, which they beat me to, is why did *you* as an admin not say the same thing about the comment about the Palins?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
February 11th, 2015 at 9:14:54 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I think their question, which they beat me to, is why did *you* as an admin not say the same thing about the comment about the Palins?

Lousy job of quoting, there, AZ, wrong attributions throughout.

Lots of folks saying lots of rude things on both sides, including him for several days just in this thread. Free speech reigns. But I, PERSONALLY, pegged my gag-meter at that obscene rant, and I objected to it. You notice he was not warned, banned, or otherwise punished, though I wouldn't want to know him.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
February 11th, 2015 at 9:45:19 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I have, not using those exact words, but if you read back I have repeatedly said I thought she is a good human being. [And by insinuation, not trash] I have met what I consider white trash and it didn't resemble Sarah Palin, at all.

IMO that is what AZDuffman has said as well.

When the topic came up before, I know Mickey rallied in defense of her actions in the "Great Land", if not her personally.

In the past Todd was commended for being a commercial fisherman and the family knows the value of hard work.

To say these things about the family is not the same as admiring the kids, their activity's, any of their religion or siding with the republican party. I don't agree with some of Sarah's positions on State issues and some I do, but she is a decent human being and doesn't deserve all the condemnation heaped on her, again IMO.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 11th, 2015 at 10:54:04 AM permalink
I've never even heard anyone use the phrase "black trash" before. Must originate from fringe right wing websites that I'd never visit or something...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 11th, 2015 at 11:02:37 AM permalink

Lousy job of quoting, there, AZ, wrong attributions throughout.

Lots of folks saying lots of rude things on both sides, including him for several days just in this thread. Free speech reigns. But I, PERSONALLY, pegged my gag-meter at that obscene rant, and I objected to it. You notice he was not warned, banned, or otherwise punished, though I wouldn't want to know him.

I totally agree.
A lot of people here make fun of Palin.
I make fun of palin by posting article links to the brawls.
I dont think I have called her white trash.

Bobsims posts are just full of hate.
Big difference.

Hey bobsims, take it over to DT please.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
February 11th, 2015 at 11:14:56 AM permalink
C'mon people, we all know the rules are different for liberals than they are for conservatives.

Plus, it's cool for liberals to hate white people.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
February 11th, 2015 at 11:15:49 AM permalink
I thought this thread was supposed to be about odds of winning the election?

I would put Jeb Bush at 3 to 1 and Hillary at even money.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 11th, 2015 at 11:17:35 AM permalink

I have, not using those exact words, but if you read back I have repeatedly said I thought she is a good human being. [And by insinuation, not trash] I have met what I consider white trash and it didn't resemble Sarah Palin, at all.

IMO that is what AZDuffman has said as well.

Exactly what I am saying. Somehow white folks who work blue collar and live outside some trendy, gentrified city neighborhood or away from a HOA neighborhood where they measure your grass height every month are "white trash" to some. Her husband does skilled labor work, she ran for office on her own and not on her husband's name, her son is in the military, while her daughter got pregnant young she seems to be taking well care of the child, and they take care of their young special-needs kid.

If this is "white trash" let them move to my street, please!

I've never even heard anyone use the phrase "black trash" before. Must originate from fringe right wing websites that I'd never visit or something...

It is clearly not a term anyone used. It is what is known as demonstrating absurdity by being absurd. However, white people deal well with being called "white trash" in many cases......

ams288
ams288
February 11th, 2015 at 11:29:13 AM permalink
Quote: HowMany

Life would be so much easier for the right wingers if this were actually true (which it's not. It's nonsense).
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 11th, 2015 at 11:36:12 AM permalink

Life would be so much easier for the right wingers if this were actually true (which it's not. It's nonsense).

Only if you refuse to believe what is in front of you. White liberals walk around with the "white guilt" thing as if there is something to feel guilty for. That is just the beginning. Liberal hatred of whites, except for their wallets, is very real.
ams288
ams288
February 11th, 2015 at 11:39:05 AM permalink

Only if you refuse to believe what is in front of you. White liberals walk around with the "white guilt" thing as if there is something to feel guilty for. That is just the beginning. Liberal hatred of whites, except for their wallets, is very real.

Which is worse: liberals hating whites or conservatives hating blacks?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 11th, 2015 at 11:57:54 AM permalink

Most conservatives I met do not hate blacks.
ams288
ams288
February 11th, 2015 at 12:04:24 PM permalink

But most liberals hate whites, eh?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
February 11th, 2015 at 12:09:55 PM permalink
Conservatives aren't racist, as long as you're a Christian conservative. If you're not a Christian conservative, you should probably be in jail, there should be a law against that.
petroglyph
petroglyph
February 11th, 2015 at 12:12:47 PM permalink

What is worse is hating someone you know nothing about do to the opinions of those we choose to align ourselves with.

I have told several people if it is hate you enjoy, don't short yourself the pleasure by hating entire groups at a time. It is much more fun to hate them individually. And if it is really cold weather, it will help keep you warm.

I don't see how it is possible to believe that every person in a group deserves contempt. Surely there are good and evil in all shapes and colors. These are people we are degrading here. You can't change someones mind by deriding them just as we can't change the public opinion or countries by bombing them.

As Edmund Burke said " all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing". I believe that. It is not easy defending someone you don't particularly like, but I also believe it gives you credibility when you choose to disagree with them.

This is a great forum, take down the message not the messenger. That way we all learn.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 11th, 2015 at 12:16:13 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Conservatives aren't racist, as long as you're a Christian conservative. If you're not a Christian conservative, you should probably be in jail, there should be a law against that.

Kind of like liberals think if you are not in favor of the homophile agenda then you do not belong in society at all, eh?
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
February 11th, 2015 at 12:16:40 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I thought this thread was supposed to be about odds of winning the election?

I would put Jeb Bush at 3 to 1 and Hillary at even money.

I kind of figured Jeb was the only republican 'potential' candidate that had a decent shot to beat Hillary. He is moderate enough and his positions reasonable enough to attract independents and moderate middle of the road folks that decide presidential elections. I could see myself voting for Jeb, although such a decision is along way off.

But for Jeb to have a reasonable chance, he would need to get through the primaries fairly easily, without his own party doing too much damage to him and tearing him down. As time gets closer that seems less likely to happen. The repubs are likely to have a brutal fight and whoever emerges will be a weakened candidate, beaten up and having had to spend a lot of money.

The wild card in the race is Walker who has obviously surged in the past month. I don't know if he will be able to keep that momentum, nor get the deep financing necessary when things really start to heat up. My gut tells me that Jeb will survive, because he has a lot of establishment and finances behind him, but as I said, he is likely to emerge a weakened candidate.
ams288
ams288
February 11th, 2015 at 12:25:28 PM permalink

Kind of like liberals think if you are not in favor of the homophile agenda then you do not belong in society at all, eh?

What is the homophile agenda?
terapined
terapined
February 11th, 2015 at 12:31:12 PM permalink

I agree with you.
All liberals I have met dont hate whites.
They may dislike an individual that is white, but its not because they are white.
I dislike Palin, but white has nothing to do with it.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 11th, 2015 at 12:31:15 PM permalink

What is the homophile agenda?

Gay marriage, gays must get total acceptance and support no matter what, gays to be on TV and movies but NEVER in an unflattering light, gay scoutmasters in same tents as young scouts....., this sort of thing.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
February 11th, 2015 at 12:32:46 PM permalink
I hate being labeled as a liberal because of believing in social freedom of choice of lifestyle. I believe the conservative/republican approach of limited government in financial/business sector is economically superior. I just find the view on some social issues to be beyond absurd and repressive, and frankly a rather transparent attempt at integrating religion and state. I have stated before that I can't in good conscience vote for either major party with the current agendas.
ams288
ams288
February 11th, 2015 at 12:35:29 PM permalink

Gay marriage, gays must get total acceptance and support no matter what, gays to be on TV and movies but NEVER in an unflattering light, gay scoutmasters in same tents as young scouts....., this sort of thing.

Ahhh... Much like "black trash," I'll assume the phrase "homophile agenda" is from the far right wing fringe of the Internet.
terapined
terapined
February 11th, 2015 at 12:38:11 PM permalink

I support gay marraige but very little of the above.
Your average liberal simply supports gay marraige.
Sure there are flaming a-holes but every group has a-holes.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 11th, 2015 at 12:47:12 PM permalink

Ahhh... Much like "black trash," I'll assume the phrase "homophile agenda" is from the far right wing fringe of the Internet.

Nope, "homophile" is 100% my own creation. Since a "homophobe" is anyone who does not support the homosexual agenda then a homophile is one who does.
ams288
ams288
February 11th, 2015 at 12:48:03 PM permalink
Same difference. lol
petroglyph
petroglyph
February 11th, 2015 at 1:51:17 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I agree with you.
All liberals I have met dont hate whites.
They may dislike an individual that is white, but its not because they are white.
I dislike Palin, but white has nothing to do with it.

Good post tp, well said
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 11th, 2015 at 2:01:53 PM permalink
Early polling in IA and NH has Native American
Liz Warren ahead of the yet to be coronated
Queen Hillary. Uh Oh.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/shock-poll-warren-leads-clinton-in-iowa-n.h./article/2560098
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ams288
ams288
February 11th, 2015 at 2:55:19 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Queen Hillary. Uh Oh.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/shock-poll-warren-leads-clinton-in-iowa-n.h./article/2560098

I'd prefer Warren over Hillary actually.

But I'll take either one. Any Dem over any Repub....
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 11th, 2015 at 3:03:36 PM permalink

Queen Hillary. Uh Oh.

Can't be possible! Hillary is the inevitable, smartest woman on earth and universally liked by everyone or so the lefties say.
HowMany
HowMany
February 11th, 2015 at 3:06:20 PM permalink
Warren despises hard working, successful, white people.

But if your non-white, deadbeat, living off the system, then you're a hero.
terapined
terapined
February 11th, 2015 at 3:09:46 PM permalink

Queen Hillary. Uh Oh.

Great news Bob, thanks.
I'll definitely take Warren over Hillary.
HowMany
HowMany
February 11th, 2015 at 3:36:00 PM permalink
Seems very unlikely that Lizzy beats Hillary.

Hillary will raise way too much cash.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 11th, 2015 at 3:41:19 PM permalink

Seems very unlikely that Lizzy beats Hillary.

It was extremely unlikely Barry would beat Hillary.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 11th, 2015 at 3:43:34 PM permalink

It was extremely unlikely Barry would beat Hillary.

Yea but then they played the race card on Bill.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 11th, 2015 at 3:54:54 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

That's not why he won. Hillary is a very poor
candidate, that's what did her in. She polls
the best when she's in hiding, like now. It's
a fact that when she opens her mouth, her
favorable polls go down. People just don't
like her. What's to like. She's every man's
first wife, the one he divorced. And every
woman fears she'll be a Hillary when she's
older. Ugly and shrill.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 11th, 2015 at 3:56:30 PM permalink

Hillary expected it to be handed to her like everything else in her life was and played prevent defense. However, the media being in the tank for Obama did get him traction.
petroglyph
petroglyph
February 11th, 2015 at 4:03:50 PM permalink

Great news Bob, thanks.

For a while now I have wanted to support Liz, but little nuances have me questioning her motives. I like some of her earlier talks on the difficulty faced by single working parents.

I have her on my watch list which makes me think maybe I have some optimism still? When I saw her come out supporting Agenda21 which is a treaty superseding the US constitution regarding the 2nd amendment, she started losing favor with me.

She has stated one of her first missions is to go to Israel and do whatever it is politicians do over there to swear fealty and put another nation above ours as has Boehner and 85 other congress members with dual citizenship, my support for her is waning.

If this article has much validity, then I will cast her into the pool with the rest;http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-10/warren-opposes-congressional-meddling-audit-fed-bill#comments

It isn't the deciding factor but close. I haven't digested why she would oppose auditing the Fed, and support Rand Pauls bill [S264] to do so? Not having sound money is as bad as slavery for the working class. We can't even hide money under a mattress and not have the fruits of our labor stolen through yet another hidden tax, which is what inflation is.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
February 11th, 2015 at 4:10:20 PM permalink

People just don't
like her. What's to like. She's every man's
first wife.

OMG XD

I have zero opinion on her or any other of the crooks, but you just sold me.

/thread
/election
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
bobsims
bobsims
February 11th, 2015 at 5:41:09 PM permalink

You certainly hear "white trash" bandied about though, don't you?
bobsims
bobsims
February 11th, 2015 at 5:44:15 PM permalink

C'mon people, we all know the rules are different for liberals than they are for conservatives.

Unfortunately for the left it's becoming cool for white people to vote against their racist party-with Asians following right after them.
bobsims
bobsims
February 11th, 2015 at 5:52:44 PM permalink

Great news Bob, thanks.

No you won't. You will swallow your party moving six clicks to the right and returning to the Wall Street/corporate/banking/globalist/Zionist whores The Clintons-and lie to yourself that you like it.

You are a sheep. Bah, Bah.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
February 11th, 2015 at 6:09:21 PM permalink

No you won't. You will swallow your party moving six clicks to the right and returning to the Wall Street/corporate/banking/globalist/Zionist whores The Clintons-and lie to yourself that you like it.

You are a sheep. Bah, Bah.

Personal insult, 3 days.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
February 11th, 2015 at 6:13:20 PM permalink

Queen Hillary. Uh Oh.

Really? A poll done by the group urging Warren to run. That's your source? That's a lot like the polls done by President Romney's campaign showing him winning.....how did that work out again?

You know, I enjoy talking politics....even with those that embrace differing views than my own. That is a chance for me to hear and consider view points different from my own. That is one of the reasons, I tune into Fox news regularly. But some of you guys on this site, really take the fun out of political discussions. You seem so far detached from reality and have a very hard time distinguishing between what you would like to happen and what is reality.

It's alot like trying to have a reasonable conversation with someone who is standing in the corner babbling to himself about UFO's and unicorns. It's just frustrating and hard to take anything you guys say (and I am talking to more than just EB here) seriously. You guys are literally the boy who cried wolf....lost all credibility.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 11th, 2015 at 6:21:03 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Really? A poll done by the group urging Warren to run. That's your source? That's a lot like the polls done by President Romney's campaign showing him winning.....how did that work out again?

You know, I enjoy talking politics....even with those that embrace differing views than my own. That is a chance for me to hear and consider view points different from my own. That is one of the reasons, I tune into Fox news regularly. But some of you guys on this site, really take the fun out of political discussions. You seem so far detached from reality and have a very hard time distinguishing between what you would like to happen and what is reality.

It's a lot like trying to have a reasonable conversation with someone who is standing in the corner babbling to himself about UFO's and unicorns. It's just frustrating and hard to take anything you guys say 9and I am talking to more than just EB here) seriously. You guys are literally the boy who cried wolf....lost all credibility.

Same reason I watch MSNBC. And I am sure you want to smash the TV like I do at their biased take on the story when you watch Fox. It's either sad or funny to turn between the 2 stations and watch them cover the same story 2 totally different ways.

That's the problem, everyone on both sides has an agenda and none tell the entire story. The passion you see here is the same at those networks, they just have to keep it civil.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 11th, 2015 at 8:48:01 PM permalink

That's the problem, everyone on both sides has an agenda and none tell the entire story. .

With Brian Williams gone NBC has to find
somebody as good at ignoring the real news
as Williams was.
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
  • Threads: 29
February 12th, 2015 at 12:24:02 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

It's alot like trying to have a reasonable conversation with someone who is standing in the corner babbling to himself about UFO's and unicorns. .

Talking to a Fox news watching conservative is like trying to have a conversation with someone babbling to himself in the corner about UFOs and unicorns. LOL. I'm gonna use that.
  • Jump to: