Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
January 12th, 2014 at 5:00:05 PM permalink
So I'm over at Pauma in SoCal and noticed a game I never heard of, and doesn't generate any hits at WoV/WoO: Suit2Kill.

Can't paste a link properly since I'm on my phone, but based on the site and what I picked up from looking at the table, the dealer gets one card, you get four cards. You place an ante and up to a 3x wager. The object is to have a card that matches the suit of the dealer and is of a higher value. (ibngc.biz)

My gut instinct on this is to run for the hills-- seems like it'll have high-ish variance and you'll want to go in on hands based on a sliding scale of number of suits vs strength of suits.

Anybody else care to weigh in?

Edit: Not quite an ante; that bet's always live, regardless if you choose to raise. Makes it a bit kinder than I thought.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 50
January 12th, 2014 at 5:03:33 PM permalink
I think something is Missing from your description. If the player really gets 4 cards and the dealer only gets 1, the player would have a huge edge I would think.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
January 12th, 2014 at 5:06:25 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

I think something is Missing from your description. If the player really gets 4 cards and the dealer only gets 1, the player would have a huge edge I would think.

http://ibngc.biz/about.html
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 50
January 12th, 2014 at 5:11:13 PM permalink
That surprises me. That's why the. Math guys get the big bucks:-)
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
Venthus
Venthus
January 12th, 2014 at 5:12:05 PM permalink
Nope, it's 4-1. Somebody finally sat down to play. Lost 6 hands straight, but more or less broke even on the sides. Did not have a single hand that had a card that matched the suit and had a higher value.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
January 12th, 2014 at 5:25:15 PM permalink
Quote: Venthus

Nope, it's 4-1. Somebody finally sat down to play. Lost 6 hands straight, but more or less broke even on the sides. Did not have a single hand that had a card that matched the suit and had a higher value.

Well you have to think about it this way:

Your strongest starting hands (hands with 4 different suits) will only happen (39/51)*(26/50)*(13/49) = 10.55% of the time.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
January 12th, 2014 at 5:45:05 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Venthus
Venthus
January 12th, 2014 at 5:47:15 PM permalink
Oh, and just to mess things up more-- player and dealer draw from the same deck and there's a side bet that uses a second hand of 4, so there's a minimum of 9 cards drawn per hand. VERY beatable if you can persuade them to deal face up...
Venthus
Venthus
January 13th, 2014 at 12:55:54 AM permalink
Just got back to a computer; here's some more details:

There's 4 spots for bets labelled Pairs Up, Aim, Fire, Reload; 5$ minimum for each spot.
Pairs Up is a sidebet on your own hand for four card poker hands pairs or better. (I believe the highest was AAAA, at 100:1. Second highest was a royal.)
Aim is the basic bet and placed before cards are dealt.
Fire is optional, 1x-3x your Aim bet, and is placed after cards are dealt (and your own cards are viewed).
Reload is placed after cards are dealt and is a combination of Aim/Pairs Up (no 'Fire') for an extra hand. Pay table is a little lower here, with AAAA being 65:1, I think. This is a single hand that is shared amongst the table.

Aim is required and pays 1:1. Aim is always resolved 'normally' regardless of other bets.
Fire is optional and pays 1:1.
Pairs Up has a pay table that I can't give details on, but includes pretty much every 4 card poker hand you'd expect.
Reload pays 1:1 on the main game, and a reduced Pairs Up pay table. It's possible to lose the Reload-MainGame and win the Reload-PairsUp.

After all bets are placed, the dealer opens their card, then the player hand. Pairs Up, Aim, and Fire bets are resolved. Player hands are collected. The Reload hand is opened. Reload bets are resolved.

-----

Out of the few hands that I saw, winning the main game is brutal, but recovering on the side bets are definitely possible. No idea if that was an anomaly though.

-----

(This is a response to a PM I received:)

There was only one person playing, so I can't say anything about the order, but I *think* it was:

4 cards to the player
4 cards for the "reload" sidebet.
4(?) cards for the dealer, of which only the top one was used
Remaining cards discharged.

The shuffler did not appear to be anything unusual; I want to say it resembled the typical pai gow shuffler, where the card input/output bays are more or less flush with the surface of the table, with the shuffling mechanism being a large rounded bit that sticks off the edge.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
January 14th, 2014 at 4:22:06 AM permalink
Yuck on the main game! 15% house edge (if my math is correct). Just a 37.7% win rate on an even money type is no good. Maybe the side bets have a player edge to offset this, but I would need a pay table to check.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous

• Jump to: