Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 429
  • Posts: 24815
April 10th, 2013 at 12:30:52 PM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

And now you're just spamming articles it's clear you half-understand.



They aren't just 'articles', they're the opinions of experts
in the field of finance. I used to be in the collectibles
business and saw this type of thing all the time. Bitcoin's
just another collectible and as such, has a limited shelf
life. Think Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch Kids, and Hummel
Figurines. I remember when people were putting their
Beanie Babies in safe deposit boxes for their kids college
fund. Funny stuff..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
AceCrAAckers
AceCrAAckers
Joined: Jul 12, 2011
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 377
April 10th, 2013 at 12:33:44 PM permalink
I would like to issue 100 WOV digital coins to the first 100 members interested in this new currency. Should any one member amass all 100 WOV digital coins, you may use this to get a free WOV shirt. Members may sell fraction of their WOV coins.

I also will be thinking of a number from 1 to 100,000,000,000,000,000 and yes I will be thinking in fraction so a guess of 3.1414521 would be considered. Should you guess this number, you will be awarded a WOV coin.

Should anyone amass 200 WOV coins, you can exchange it for an autographed shirt from the Wizard himself.

And if buzzard agrees, should anyone amass 300 WOV, you can exchange this for one informative insight from buzzard. Ask him any question you want.

And should anyone with bitcoin want to exchange it for WOV coin, the exchange rate today is 109,324 bitcoins for 1 WOV coin. The WOV coins are more rare and harder to mine. Look above and see how difficult it is compared to mining bitcoins.

I am also thinking of selling my share of the Brooklyn bridge but I think I should keep this for my retirement.
Edward Snowden is not the criminal, the government is for violating the constitution!
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 87
  • Posts: 5144
April 10th, 2013 at 12:46:05 PM permalink
Quote: AceCrAAckers

I would like to issue 100 WOV digital coins to the first 100 members interested in this new currency. Should any one member amass all 100 WOV digital coins, you may use this to get a free WOV shirt. Members may sell fraction of their WOV coins.

I also will be thinking of a number from 1 to 100,000,000,000,000,000 and yes I will be thinking in fraction so a guess of 3.1414521 would be considered. Should you guess this number, you will be awarded a WOV coin.

Should anyone amass 200 WOV coins, you can exchange it for an autographed shirt from the Wizard himself.

And if buzzard agrees, should anyone amass 300 WOV, you can exchange this for one informative insight from buzzard. Ask him any question you want.

And should anyone with bitcoin want to exchange it for WOV coin, the exchange rate today is 109,324 bitcoins for 1 WOV coin. The WOV coins are more rare and harder to mine. Look above and see how difficult it is compared to mining bitcoins.

I am also thinking of selling my share of the Brooklyn bridge but I think I should keep this for my retirement.



Thank you so much for your valuable contribution to the forum.
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
April 10th, 2013 at 12:54:23 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

Thank you so much for your valuable contribution to the forum.



And thanks for yours as well. I think we need a Ahigh rating system to rank people's posts. It'd be a proof of work.

----

Currently bitCoin smells of a classic bubble, but a bubble I'm not sure will vanish when it bursts. There is utility in the product for some (black market, untraceable transactions for one). The stable point has yet to be found... unless we know the number of goods/money transactions that are actually occurring in the back ground, it'll be hard to say what will happen.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
P90
P90
Joined: Jan 8, 2011
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 1703
April 10th, 2013 at 1:32:15 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Bitcoin's just another collectible...


As is gold.
As are gemstone diamonds.

Like gold, long-term bitcoins will be in a state of deflation, not inflation. It's poor design per se, but it works great for the early adopters. Competing cryptocurrencies actually help BTC long-term: eventually they will fill much of the growth of the market, moderating BTC's user base, and as such its deflation.

Current prices are a bubble, but it will return to trend after it bursts, simply because of how the system works.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
April 10th, 2013 at 1:41:29 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

They aren't just 'articles', they're the opinions of experts
in the field of finance. I used to be in the collectibles
business and saw this type of thing all the time. Bitcoin's
just another collectible and as such, has a limited shelf
life. Think Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch Kids, and Hummel
Figurines. I remember when people were putting their
Beanie Babies in safe deposit boxes for their kids college
fund. Funny stuff..



I knew a guy who quit his job to "focus" on baseball card trading in the early 90"s......he was one of the last chumps in.....he was at his old employers doorstep six months later with hat in hand.
Each day is better than the next
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 429
  • Posts: 24815
April 10th, 2013 at 1:43:30 PM permalink
Quote: P90

As is gold.
As are gemstone diamonds.
how the system works.



The difference being, those are real items with a
real use in the real world. Bitcoin is just an idea.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Ahigh
Ahigh
Joined: May 19, 2010
  • Threads: 87
  • Posts: 5144
April 10th, 2013 at 1:50:40 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The difference being, those are real items with a
real use in the real world. Bitcoin is just an idea.



Here's an idea: you have no idea what BitCoin is.

BitCoins are just as real as a video game on an Xbox hard drive, bro.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 429
  • Posts: 24815
April 10th, 2013 at 2:03:45 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

Here's an idea: you have no idea what BitCoin is.
.



Bitcoin is not real money. Its an online currency, its virtual tokens that can be exchanged for goods and services at places that accept it, the same way you would give someone a quid for a cookie...Unlike traditional currency, thats backed up by something, (be it gold, silver, or a central bank), Bitcoins are generated out of thin air. http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/04/what-is-bitcoin/

Virtual

Adjective

"Not physically existing as such but made by software to appear to do so."

Thats the key word here, virtual. Bitcoin only exists
as an idea.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
April 10th, 2013 at 2:12:05 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Bitcoin is not real money. Its an online currency, its virtual tokens that can be exchanged for goods and services at places that accept it, the same way you would give someone a quid for a cookie...Unlike traditional currency, thats backed up by something, (be it gold, silver, or a central bank), Bitcoins are generated out of thin air. http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/04/what-is-bitcoin/

Virtual

Adjective

"Not physically existing as such but made by software to appear to do so."

Thats the key word here, virtual. Bitcoin only exists
as an idea.



Bitcoins are not real money unlike all debased currencies throughout the world.
Each day is better than the next

  • Jump to: