AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 92
  • Posts: 3395
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:46:39 AM permalink
A random roller at Red Rock casino was told he couldn't throw the dice anymore there because he took too long between throws. When he protested he was thrown out.

This random roller literally took minutes between rolls, making speeches, rolling the two dice over and over in front of him before picking them up, and then shaking the dice in his hand for what seemed like an eternity before throwing them hard and often off the table.

Dice setters were allowed to set their dice and throw them as normal because they do it quickly.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 6826
August 2nd, 2020 at 8:23:46 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

A random roller at Red Rock casino was told he couldn't throw the dice anymore there because he took too long between throws. When he protested he was thrown out.

This random roller literally took minutes between rolls, making speeches, rolling the two dice over and over in front of him before picking them up, and then shaking the dice in his hand for what seemed like an eternity before throwing them hard and often off the table.

Dice setters were allowed to set their dice and throw them as normal because they do it quickly.



Good for the casino! I am sure he was given a bunch of warnings. There is a reasonable time you should be given to roll them bones. The rest of the players at the table probably were pleased.
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 2452
August 2nd, 2020 at 8:41:38 AM permalink
He'll be making videos shortly!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 526
August 2nd, 2020 at 9:46:23 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

A random roller at Red Rock casino was told he couldn't throw the dice anymore there because he took too long between throws. When he protested he was thrown out.

This random roller literally took minutes between rolls, making speeches, rolling the two dice over and over in front of him before picking them up, and then shaking the dice in his hand for what seemed like an eternity before throwing them hard and often off the table.

Dice setters were allowed to set their dice and throw them as normal because they do it quickly.


There was a guy at Red a Rock a long while back who had about a 2 minute routine before tossing. Every gyration in the book....shake, flip, set, roll, pick up again, then he would eventually set the dice and walk back 2 or 3 steps, do a fist pump and quickly run back to the rail and toss the dice.

Iím not surprised they kicked this guy out. My bet is he was warned several times before it got to being booted. They are generally pretty good at Red Rock with letting stuff go. Iíve seen zero arc players there and no one says a word to them.
MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 984
August 2nd, 2020 at 10:38:37 AM permalink
When I first started playing I played a little craps. I was playing, and mostly losing, pulling a hundred dollar bill out of my pocket at a time to buy more chips. I rolled the dice out of the pit twice.

The pit boss, a gravelly voiced East Coast type, told me that if I did that again he was going to ask me to leave.

I rolled some more and got frustrated, pulled out about six grand from my pocket and threw it on the table for chips. I noticed the pit boss typing on his computer and he must have then realized that I additionally had a credit line that was fully open and unused.

And then he came over to me put his arm around me, gave me his business card and assured me that "Anything you want, you got it!"

Money talks in Vegas, or in any casino. He had assumed I was just some teenage looking kid until he caught wind of the deng. A little (or a lot) of cash purges most any Vegas transgression.

If Charlie Manson checked into the Sahara tomorrow morning, nobody would hassle him as long as he tipped big.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 526
Thanks for this post from:
MDawg
August 2nd, 2020 at 11:40:33 AM permalink
You shouldnít be throwing money regardless. Itís a low class gambler move. If you tossed the dice out twice, thereís a chance you should have done a better job keeping the dice in play. Heís merely admonishing you and then said he will ďaskĒ you to leave if it happens again...and you proceed to throw money? Cmon.
TinMan
TinMan 
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 105
Thanks for this post from:
MDawg
August 2nd, 2020 at 12:09:55 PM permalink
I agree with those who said they probably gave him a ton of warnings. My tolerance for elaborate dice rituals ends at 10 seconds. Iím typically 2-3 seconds between throwsóI put the dice side by side (no stacking) tap the dice on the table once and throw.

First time I played craps I knew you had to hit the back wall, but I thought you had to hit the back wall ON THE FLY. Had a few line drive throws and then threw the dice off once. Stickman must have realized I was new and quietly said (I was stick right) to gently aim for the ďCOMEĒ on the table and the dice will make it to the wall. Solid advice.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
sabre
sabre 
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 829
Thanks for this post from:
MDawg
August 2nd, 2020 at 12:23:52 PM permalink
So to get back at the pit boss you increased your wagers, thus increasing the expected amount of money they would win from you.

You really showed him ...
MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 984
August 2nd, 2020 at 12:48:29 PM permalink
TD I've done it like that before. Around that same era (I was barely legal age to be in casinos) I had I think it was two grand on the line or maybe it was three in chips and I made a point and I needed to back it up to max odds, I whipped out in cash whatever it was and counted it onto the line, fast - well, behind the line, actually, but Fast.

Later some guy came up to me and asked me what I did [for a living], "because, you threw that money on the line like it was nothing."

You've seen Goodfellas? Robert DeNiro throwing his money on the line?

"The Irishman is here to take you Guineas' money."

It's just a way of putting your money on the table when excited.

As far as Sabre...I take it he doesn't have much to talk about in the locker room. I'm sorry to have offended your sense of decency.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 92
  • Posts: 3395
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:04:10 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg



I rolled some more and got frustrated, pulled out about six grand from my pocket and threw it on the table for chips.



I hope you threw that money out during your roll. But if you did it during someone else's turn with the dice and it wasn't after a point was just decided (when the puck is off) it was simply bad etiquette.

Money doesn't mean you can set your own craps etiquette.

  • Jump to: