slackyhacky
slackyhacky
  • Threads: 49
January 23rd, 2012 at 9:41:20 AM permalink
So on a thread here (I think it was the investment opportunity one...), someone mentioned wincraps. It sounded like a nifty program to have, so I purchased it and have played around with it a little.

I have read most the auto-play help files. I have looked at a ton of examples, but I still can't find some things that perhaps one of ya'll brilliant people can suggest. I'm sure I am being impatient and should dink around with it some more, but....

Anyway,

There are conditions for come-out, or after a come-out, or whatever. I want to set up a system that doesn't care where the point is. In other words, the cycle of play is around the 7. I can't find any verbage or condition that describes "after a 7-out", or when a new shooter is established, etc. Thoughts?

Also, I want to bet the Don't Pass/Don't Come and remove the don't pass if the point isn't a 10 or 4, also, on the DC, take no action unless it is a 10 or 4. Suggestions on how to do this?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 23rd, 2012 at 10:30:42 AM permalink
you want to delve into the "auto-bet" files. See how they work, then you can make your own [altho doing that takes patience and you can get over your head]

The auto-bet files you find on the web linked with cloud city parent company seem safe to download.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
guido111
guido111
  • Threads: 10
January 23rd, 2012 at 10:44:06 AM permalink
Quote: slackyhacky

So on a thread here (I think it was the investment opportunity one...), someone mentioned wincraps. It sounded like a nifty program to have, so I purchased it and have played around with it a little.

I have read most the auto-play help files. I have looked at a ton of examples, but I still can't find some things that perhaps one of ya'll brilliant people can suggest. I'm sure I am being impatient and should dink around with it some more, but....

Coding WinCraps takes some practice - it is a skill and an art, not just reading and looking. Use the help section. Steen did a very good job with it, but it still requires a little effort.

Anyway,

There are conditions for come-out, or after a come-out, or whatever. I want to set up a system that doesn't care where the point is. In other words, the cycle of play is around the 7. I can't find any verbage or condition that describes "after a 7-out", or when a new shooter is established, etc. Thoughts?

Also, I want to bet the Don't Pass/Don't Come and remove the don't pass if the point isn't a 10 or 4, also, on the DC, take no action unless it is a 10 or 4. Suggestions on how to do this?

The first pic shows how a 7 out is treated."A point is decided against" and it also starts a new shooter with a come out roll. (By the rules of Craps)
Example code:
While . . .
A point is decided "against" any number
then . . .
Bet $ 5 on Don't Pass
In other words, there was just a 7out and now we place $5 on the DP because we have a come out roll with a new shooter.

Here are your questions and how I would code. There are always different ways to do the same thing. The trick is to keep the code simple and 100% accurate and do not over-work the program, meaning you have to think how you want something done.
Again, the help section from the auto-bet page has lots of examples and you need to work with them.

Sometimes I have an auto-bet file that just needs to change a few lines of code to do something just a bit different.
Hope this helps a little

See if you can understand the code. It is quite easy once you work with it.
Enjoy

Added: The reason why we bet $0 to remove the bets is because that is how the code is setup in WinCraps. Since the bet always moves to the number rolled it is then simple to just bet $0 on that bet.
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
January 23rd, 2012 at 10:14:37 PM permalink
Quote: guido111

The first pic shows how a 7 out is treated."A point is decided against" and it also starts a new shooter with a come out roll. (By the rules of Craps)
Example code:
While . . .
A point is decided "against" any number
then . . .
Bet $ 5 on Don't Pass
In other words, there was just a 7out and now we place $5 on the DP because we have a come out roll with a new shooter.

WOW! Thanks a lot.
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
February 1st, 2012 at 11:13:28 AM permalink

WOW! Thanks a lot.

Some non-solicited advise.
Keep asking your WC coding Qs also in this forum, there are those that know their stuff here, other forums have too many fleas to deal with.

You may also burn out Steen if you are a slow learner.

or if you are shy to ask for fear of being branded as stupid, you can PM me.
This is all possible thanks to the Wizard.

added: I run a website.
Here's a few pics of an auto-bet file.
For others I add comments so you know what each block of code is all about so you can make changes.
This one has no comments. Makes it a little hard to follow.

winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
February 2nd, 2012 at 12:45:50 PM permalink
Quote: 7craps

Some non-solicited advise.
Keep asking your WC coding Qs also in this forum, there are those that know their stuff here, other forums have too many fleas to deal with.

You may also burn out Steen if you are a slow learner.

or if you are shy to ask for fear of being branded as stupid, you can PM me.
This is all possible thanks to the Wizard.

added: I run a website.
Here's a few pics of an auto-bet file.
For others I add comments so you know what each block of code is all about so you can make changes.
This one has no comments. Makes it a little hard to follow.

I am making progress. I've figured out a few things.

I'm sure my coding could be much simpler to do the same tasks I am asking it to do...but it seems to work okay.

I was wondering if there is a way to add winnings to a chip stack? So if I have a place bet on 5, and it hits (win $7), then add $7 to a chipstack.

For example, let's say I have place 6 and 8 and when I win at least $10, I want to be able to then place 5 and 9, and so on. Or if I have all place bets and I win at least $32, I would like to double place bets. I can do this by writting a lot of lines of code with counters (each time a place bet hits, add a chip to a stack, then when the chip stack reaches a certain number, place a certain amount of money on the place bets) but that isn't very versatile and takes a lot of lines and I have to write a line for each increase. It would be nice to keep tract of the winning amount on a chip stack.

In addition, if I could do that, I could then use it to subtract from my hedge bets. For example, If I lay the 10 to cover my place bets, then each time I win a place bet, I can decrease my lay bet my the same amount. Again, I can do this with lots of lines and counters, but it would be WAY easier if I could track the amount won each roll on a chip stack.
7craps
7craps
February 2nd, 2012 at 12:54:48 PM permalink

I am making progress. I've figured out a few things.

I'm sure my coding could be much simpler to do the same tasks I am asking it to do...but it seems to work okay.

That is sweet.
The problem with most green beginners like yourself, you may THINK that the code is working, but is it working properly, exactly as you want 100% of the time?
Most times it boils down to the miss use of the word "when" vs "while" in WC.

I was wondering if there is a way to add winnings to a chip stack? So if I have a place bet on 5, and it hits (win $7), then add $7 to a chipstack..

Yes of course wackyslackhacky!

Any code can be written to make your desires a perfect reality.
I am off to Vegas for the weekend, post or PM me what you have by way of code and I can make corrections and show why one way is better than another.

You can just select all/copy and then paste it right here.
I do not think the Wizard will mind.
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
February 2nd, 2012 at 1:46:51 PM permalink

That is sweet.
The problem with most green beginners like yourself, you may THINK that the code is working, but is it working properly, exactly as you want 100% of the time?
Most times it boils down to the miss use of the word "when" vs "while" in WC.
Yes of course wackyslackhacky!

I am off to Vegas for the weekend, post or PM me what you have by way of code and I can make corrections and show why one way is better than another.

I do not think the Wizard will mind.

You are right about "thinking" it is correct, and probably not. Strange things happen occasionally and i have no idea why. I love the roll your own number and watching the logic step by step. Those have helped tremendously.

I will PM or post later....not sure I'm ready to air my madness to the world wide webbers.
7craps
7craps
February 2nd, 2012 at 2:06:00 PM permalink

You are right about "thinking" it is correct, and probably not. Strange things happen occasionally and i have no idea why.

Most times it is because "when" was used instead of "while" and your blocks of code can be not in proper order or contain errors.
I am off to Vegas for Super Bowl weekend.
I can look at what you got next week unless I get it soon and I can look on the drive there.
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
February 4th, 2012 at 1:12:21 AM permalink

That is sweet.

Oh good. I can't seem to figure out how to do a few things.

I'll do that in the next post. First let me explain my concept. It is simple in nature, but maybe a little complicated in in wincraps since I have a lot of moving stuff.

Anyway, my goal isn't to win money, but rather to NOT loose money. That is the over riding concept. Also, my goal is to take the 7 out of the picture (by hedging bets), and by taking 7 out of the equation, I keep money on the DP/DC line and over time, that has an advantage (2 and 3 hit more than an 11).

My bets are always working.

Place bets on 5,6,8,9, and a DC or DP bet (depending on location of the point). Then a lay bet (4 or 10 - programmed for 10) to cover the my place and DP/DC bet. Each time a place bet hits, decrease the lay bet by an amount according to how much I need covered (ie, if placing 1 unit, I need $27 covered, once a place hits, I now only need $20 covered). In reality, I only decrease the lay by $10 instead of $14. Also, right now the program is set to only start decreasing the lay bet after a place hits 3 times, but theoretically, it might be better to decrease it with each hit. If a place bet hits 4 times, then the lay is removed. Then if place bets keep hitting, I want to keep adding to them up to a point, then take them down. This is the part I need help with. I would like to keep tract of the my winnings and use this amount (on a chip stack) to bet.

If a ten hits, I increase it to cover my losses (essentially twice on the first time, then 3x the last bet).

I have run hyper-roll, and seen wierd things I can't explain on the log file (like sometimes betting on both the DP odds and the DC odds which should never happen, or having a huge amount on DC odds on the 4). My system fails when a series of 10 hits obviously. I wrote another program to track 10s hiting before a 7 does. After 200,000, I got a nice distribution. It never rolled over 9 times. It rolled 5x in a row 53 times.

I am off to Vegas for the weekend.

Good luck!
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
February 4th, 2012 at 1:18:19 AM permalink
deleted..
  • Jump to: