Thread Rating:

Paigowdan
Paigowdan
Joined: Apr 28, 2010
  • Threads: 115
  • Posts: 5692
March 5th, 2012 at 4:09:35 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Quote: P90

Quote: Paigowdan

1. You don't play to win, you play to play under the best conditions and by the ground rules. You may win or you may lose, and if you break the rules to win, you really didn't win, and don't want it.
2. People who play to win instead of play-to-play don't go NEAR a casino - unless it's the poker room or a job in the casino, or for recreation.


Why then not enjoy free practice money games at any of the online casinos?

Or, if it has to have physical dice, table minimums at Royale - while at that, why does anyone ever bet more than the table minimum?



Exactly my point. If I want to PLAY TO PLAY, I sure as hell would not be STUPID enough to bet real money. This whole picture that gambling is entertainment is nothing but a big fraud.



Well, Ibeatyouraces, if gambling isn't recreation for the player, then what is it? A foolish and troublesome career choice? (yup, often.)
A side gig where you think it's okay to use fraud? (For some, that is the real "juice," not accepting the real and clean play of the cards or dice, but the juice is in cheating manuever, - whatever shit I can get perpetrate. And sometimes casino employees participate.)
The concept where "it isn't recreation if real money is legitemately used" is B.S.
Pay for real movies and restaurants and show tickets and golf clubs with monopoly money, telling yourself this recreation should be free also.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
March 5th, 2012 at 4:22:25 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

if gambling isn't recreation for the player, then what is it? A foolish and troublesome career choice? (yup, often.)



This is just another of your repeated digs at AP's, Dan.
Because somebody who doesn't have an edge over
the casino can't make gambling a career choice, his
career would be over in a month.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
P90
P90
Joined: Jan 8, 2011
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 1703
March 5th, 2012 at 4:24:59 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

The concept where "it isn't recreation if real money is legitemately used" is B.S.
Pay for real movies and restaurants and show tickets and golf clubs with monopoly money, telling yourself this recreation should be free also.


You are overlooking the aspect of quantity.

If a movie ticket costs $25, you sure as hell are going to expect change for your Benjamin, not pay $100 for that same ticket just because.
So why would anyone then ever bet $100 on a $25 minimum table, if they're only playing to play and the house edge on their bet is just the ticket price?
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
March 5th, 2012 at 4:48:34 PM permalink
I've no idea of field of view or focus of the cameras, but in addition to the layout do they show disgruntled players looking at each other in a puzzled manner or casting sidelong glances at the Boxman? Not everyone would be happy with such a "roll".
Face
Administrator
Face
Joined: Dec 27, 2010
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 4448
March 5th, 2012 at 5:04:38 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I've no idea of field of view or focus of the cameras, but in addition to the layout do they show disgruntled players looking at each other in a puzzled manner or casting sidelong glances at the Boxman? Not everyone would be happy with such a "roll".



Im sure there was a view that was more widespread, but what was shown primarily only showed the layout and player hands. I'd wonder if other patrons would be so upset, though, since the majority of players are Right. If the guy's set to nail Points, Field, and Hops, and he's doing it repeatedly... would you grumble? ;)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3489
March 5th, 2012 at 5:46:19 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I can't understand how no one challenged the absurdity of these rolls. They were sooo terrible and went on for sooo long.


Heck, it took the Wynn hierarchy more than five weeks of these shenanigans to conclude that a one-night cashout of $145,000 was suspicious. Talk about coloring up!
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3489
March 5th, 2012 at 5:47:59 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I'd wonder if other patrons would be so upset, though, since the majority of players are Right.


The don'ts had to have been upset, for sure.
Face
Administrator
Face
Joined: Dec 27, 2010
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 4448
March 5th, 2012 at 6:37:18 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

The don'ts had to have been upset, for sure.



Maybe, but honestly, if there was a Don't there, I cannot imagine they couldn't see what was going on and wouldn't switch. Really, it was THAT bad. If YOU saw it as you walked by, you'd jump right on the table. There wasn't an ounce of smoke and mirrors, is was incredibly, painfully, absolutely obvious.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
rudeboy99
rudeboy99
Joined: Dec 21, 2011
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 93
March 25th, 2012 at 6:51:10 PM permalink
There was a crew of sliders in the Reno area a couple of years ago that raised hell until caught. They were pretty slick. The "slider" was shooting a 6, banging it against the two rubber rings on the puck, generally causing the gaffed die to ricochet flat, not tumbling a bit. The other die DID tumble and hit the back wall. He had 2 or 3 confederates chunking in the Field. If the legit die comes 1 or 2 they lose, 3-4-5 they win, another 6 the totals' 12 which pays triple. Not a bad advantage. These guys tipped the dealers so heavily that the stickman apparently let some questionable rolls by. I agree with you that someone was asleep at the switch. I know of a couple of dice crews were fired over it.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
Joined: Aug 11, 2010
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 1246
April 3rd, 2012 at 11:34:51 AM permalink
Quote: rudeboy99

There was a crew of sliders in the Reno area a couple of years ago that raised hell until caught. They were pretty slick. The "slider" was shooting a 6, banging it against the two rubber rings on the puck, generally causing the gaffed die to ricochet flat, not tumbling a bit. The other die DID tumble and hit the back wall. He had 2 or 3 confederates chunking in the Field. If the legit die comes 1 or 2 they lose, 3-4-5 they win, another 6 the totals' 12 which pays triple. Not a bad advantage. These guys tipped the dealers so heavily that the stickman apparently let some questionable rolls by. I agree with you that someone was asleep at the switch. I know of a couple of dice crews were fired over it.


Yep...they hit JANugget's grave crew, which they fired a few of them (though kept the boxman!)
it took your place to finally realize what they were doing and catch them.
and like you said, they were tipping so heavily, the crew at JANugget didn't care much (I can assume that the same can be said for Wynn)
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ

  • Jump to: