DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
January 10th, 2022 at 7:19:30 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: AlanMendelson

Quote: Dieter

This was the wrong forum to ask this question as it is anti dice influencing and every answer will show that bias.

You'd be better off asking DI-related questions at a DI friendly forum.
link to original post

I don't speak for everyone.
I'm actually pro-DI.
Unfortunately, like perpetual motion, I haven't seen it work yet.
link to original post

I have seen it work... but with fewer than 5 shooters. That's five in my lifetime.
link to original post

NO YOU HAVEN’T! You may THINK you have seen it, but JUST LIKE the 18 yo’s in a row, you are just plain wrong. DI to overcome the house edge does not happen (legally). You saying you’ve seen a few guys do it DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN A FEW GUYS DO IT! Is that clear and simple enough?

Rant over…..
link to original post

I would not doubt that a person exists out of the 10 billion or so that we know of that can control dice enough to get a small advantage.
Order from chaos
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 116
January 10th, 2022 at 8:00:47 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

This was the wrong forum to ask this question as it is anti dice influencing and every answer will show that bias.

link to original post

I'm actually pro-DI.
link to original post

I have seen it work... but with fewer than 5 shooters. That's five in my lifetime.
link to original post

NO YOU HAVEN’T! You may THINK you have seen it, but JUST LIKE the 18 yo’s in a row, you are just plain wrong. DI to overcome the house edge does not happen (legally). You saying you’ve seen a few guys do it DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN A FEW GUYS DO IT! Is that clear and simple enough?

Rant over…..
link to original post

I would not doubt that a person exists out of the 10 billion or so that we know of that can control dice enough to get a small advantage.
link to original post

Then you would be wrong. FACT.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
January 10th, 2022 at 9:23:29 AM permalink

link to original post

I'm actually pro-DI.
link to original post

link to original post

Rant over…..
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I don't think it can be a fact until you have tested all 10 billion. This is clearly a mechanical feat not a mathematical feat.
Order from chaos
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 217
January 10th, 2022 at 9:56:06 AM permalink
If there are one or two people on this planet who can run faster than everyone else, why can't there be people who can control their movements better than everyone else.
If you have perfect muscle memory and can throw the dice exactly the same every time, you might be able to gain an advantage. I've never seen it, but it took me almost sixty years to find someone that had perfect pitch, which is quite rare.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 71
January 10th, 2022 at 10:23:09 AM permalink
If I'm setting the dice to throw a 5, I should also bet the 9 because that would be the total on the other side of the dice. The 6 & 8 may not hit, but the 9 might hit 5 times in a row.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 10th, 2022 at 11:07:56 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

If there are one or two people on this planet who can run faster than everyone else, why can't there be people who can control their movements better than everyone else.
If you have perfect muscle memory and can throw the dice exactly the same every time, you might be able to gain an advantage. I've never seen it, but it took me almost sixty years to find someone that had perfect pitch, which is quite rare.
link to original post

Billy…. Someone will always be the fastest human. But there are things no human will ever be able to do. How about a one minute mile as an example? How about jumping and dunking on a twenty foot hoop? How about controlling the dice (legally) to beat the house edge?

All three are JUST PLAIN STUPID.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 10th, 2022 at 11:12:07 AM permalink

link to original post

I'm actually pro-DI.
link to original post

link to original post

Rant over…..
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I don't think it can be a fact until you have tested all 10 billion. This is clearly a mechanical feat not a mathematical feat.
link to original post

That’s idiotic. I can’t say ‘no man can run a one minute mile’ because I haven’t tested all 10 billion? There are some things, given our present knowledge, that are axiomatic.
THERE IS NO HUMAN THAT CAN SET THE DICE (legally) TO OVERCOME THE HOUSE EDGE. The same as there is no man that can run a one minute mile. Why you would think I’d need to prove such obvious facts is beyond me.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
January 12th, 2022 at 9:00:23 AM permalink
When you really think about it, Soopoo is claiming the laws of physics end at the dice table.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 12th, 2022 at 9:24:27 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

When you really think about it, Soopoo is claiming the laws of physics end at the dice table.
link to original post

. Quite the opposite. Just that there are some laws of physics a human can’t overcome. It’s a really simple concept.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 179
January 12th, 2022 at 9:25:33 AM permalink

link to original post

I'm actually pro-DI.
link to original post

link to original post

Rant over…..
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

That’s idiotic. I can’t say ‘no man can run a one minute mile’ because I haven’t tested all 10 billion? There are some things, given our present knowledge, that are axiomatic.
THERE IS NO HUMAN THAT CAN SET THE DICE (legally) TO OVERCOME THE HOUSE EDGE. The same as there is no man that can run a one minute mile. Why you would think I’d need to prove such obvious facts is beyond me.
link to original post

I think i'm going to disagree with Soopoo on the basis that there are things that can be tested even if it's not reasonable to attempt it vs a claim, where you're claiming something that couldn't possibly be tested. Such as claiming that something you can't find exists somewhere in the Universe. There's no known way to search the entire universe, yet even though no one would bother to test everyone in the world, no one would ever bother to do it. It's extremely difficult to seem impossible, but not impossible as it is possible to test people.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.

• Jump to: