Phanthum
Phanthum
Joined: Aug 12, 2017
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 9
August 20th, 2021 at 7:29:27 AM permalink
So with “right way” bets there’s a method or order or progression to the bets: On a $5 table you’d always want to have an even amount for odds on the 5/9 or you always place the 6/8 in increments of $6.

What are the progressions for dark side bets? If I want to lay odds for the 6/8 or 5/9 what are the increments in which I could do so?

Thanks!
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 2927
Thanks for this post from:
SanchoPanza
August 20th, 2021 at 7:34:19 AM permalink
Quote: Phanthum

So with “right way” bets there’s a method or order or progression to the bets: On a $5 table you’d always want to have an even amount for odds on the 5/9 or you always place the 6/8 in increments of $6.

What are the progressions for dark side bets? If I want to lay odds for the 6/8 or 5/9 what are the increments in which I could do so?

Thanks!

at a 3/4/5 table all the dark side odds are 6x. They appropriately pay 3/4/5 when you win.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 2366
Thanks for this post from:
Phanthum
August 20th, 2021 at 8:37:46 AM permalink
A $5 DP bet with $36 odds (or $30, or $24, or $18, or $12, or $6 odds too).
Phanthum
Phanthum
Joined: Aug 12, 2017
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 9
August 20th, 2021 at 10:48:22 AM permalink
Thank you!! That makes sense! Is it always $6 increments for all DP odds or does it vary by 4/10,5/9,6/8? Thank you!
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 2927
Thanks for this post from:
Phanthum
August 20th, 2021 at 1:29:01 PM permalink
Quote: Phanthum

Thank you!! That makes sense! Is it always $6 increments for all DP odds or does it vary by 4/10,5/9,6/8? Thank you!



To make sure you get full payment on your dark side odds: Odds on the 4/10 should be even. Odds on the 5/9 should be divisible by 3. Odds on the 6/8 should be divisible by 6.

There’s no rule that things should be in $6 increments. But since 6 meets all three tests (6 is even and divisible by 3 and 6), it’s a safe multiple for you to use on any of the point numbers.

If a table is 10x odds across the board (as opposed to 3/4/5) your max dark side odds should be: 20x on the 4/10; 15x on the 5/9; and 12x on the 6/8. Because those are what would return 10x on the win.*

*I have never played dark side at a 10x table, so this may be wrong. But it’s the logic from 3/4/5 odds applied to 10x.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
mwalz9
mwalz9
Joined: Feb 7, 2012
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 526
Thanks for this post from:
unJonPhanthum
August 20th, 2021 at 1:36:25 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

To make sure you get full payment on your dark side odds: Odds on the 4/10 should be even. Odds on the 5/9 should be divisible by 3. Odds on the 6/8 should be divisible by 6.

There’s no rule that things should be in $6 increments. But since 6 meets all three tests (6 is even and divisible by 3 and 6), it’s a safe multiple for you to use on any of the point numbers.

If a table is 10x odds across the board (as opposed to 3/4/5) your max dark side odds should be: 20x on the 4/10; 15x on the 5/9; and 12x on the 6/8. Because those are what would return 10x on the win.*

*I have never played dark side at a 10x table, so this may be wrong. But it’s the logic from 3/4/5 odds applied to 10x.



He is 100% correct.

At my local casino, there is a guy that no dealers or players like. He is a moron and doesn't know any of the payouts for the don't bets. He also constantly hussle's players for tips. So when he is on my side of the table, I will lay weird amounts like $42 or $54 just to mess him up and make him work. When he goes to break the other dealers always get a kick out of it. I also make sure that I do my tips while he is at break.

  • Jump to: