slackyhacky
slackyhacky
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 359
December 3rd, 2019 at 7:22:15 PM permalink
It's been a while since I've browsed around here - so don't know if it has been discussed.

I've also been a little hesitant to mention -

But I have played A LOT of bubble craps.

And I started to notice some patterns. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed. The problem is - I'm sure I suffer from recall bias...but it would be a great study.

But think about this....my guess is that platform uses the same force each time it pops. So...the same force every time. Wouldn't that recreate a reproducible system? A dice throw that has a more reproducible result?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 20269
December 3rd, 2019 at 11:58:12 PM permalink
Quote: slackyhacky

It's been a while since I've browsed around here - so don't know if it has been discussed.

I've also been a little hesitant to mention -

But I have played A LOT of bubble craps.

And I started to notice some patterns. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed. The problem is - I'm sure I suffer from recall bias...but it would be a great study.

But think about this....my guess is that platform uses the same force each time it pops. So...the same force every time. Wouldn't that recreate a reproducible system? A dice throw that has a more reproducible result?

You forgot about the supposed magnets inside that controls the outcomes. Just ask WMW I'm sure he will tell you all about it.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 71
  • Posts: 3197
December 3rd, 2019 at 11:58:16 PM permalink
If point 7-out is the pattern, I'm gonna have to bet Don't Pass with Odds.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
Thanks for this post from:
Mooseton
December 4th, 2019 at 1:30:44 AM permalink
Quote: slackyhacky

It's been a while since I've browsed around here - so don't know if it has been discussed.

I've also been a little hesitant to mention -

But I have played A LOT of bubble craps.

And I started to notice some patterns. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed. The problem is - I'm sure I suffer from recall bias...but it would be a great study.

But think about this....my guess is that platform uses the same force each time it pops. So...the same force every time. Wouldn't that recreate a reproducible system? A dice throw that has a more reproducible result?


I have observed what appears to be variable force when it "pops". There also appears to be variable latency built in the actuator, and a side to side shaker to put some roll into the dice.

However, it is a mechanical system that operates within specific parameters, and is subject to wear, so the machine you are playing may have developed biases. Have you made money on the patterns you have observed?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 359
December 4th, 2019 at 11:29:37 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

I have observed what appears to be variable force when it "pops". There also appears to be variable latency built in the actuator, and a side to side shaker to put some roll into the dice.

However, it is a mechanical system that operates within specific parameters, and is subject to wear, so the machine you are playing may have developed biases. Have you made money on the patterns you have observed?



I haven't kept that great of track - but I think so - could be recall bias. But some machines seem to have a better reproducibility then others. It probably isn't real - but it would be cool to track over many many throws and see if something showed up.

However one time - in Jean (when they had bubble craps) on my driving trip to Vegas (from So Cali), I made over $1500 starting at about $50 and grinding over many hours, and the manager took my picture and shook my hand when I finally stood up from the game.

Interestingly enough, on our way BACK, I wanted to stop and see if I could do it again. They had changed the game parameters (changed the max bet) so my method of play wouldn't work. I found that change highly suspicious. I asked for the manager and asked why they changed the game. He fumbled around some stupid answer.

Also interesting about that trip - is the player card in the game built up SO much points. I got tons of free gas and free hotel rooms for like 2 years. Not sure why anyone needs free rooms in Jean...but whatever. I think they quickly learned not to give points on a player card in that machine.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
December 5th, 2019 at 7:22:28 AM permalink
Quote: slackyhacky

I haven't kept that great of track - but I think so - could be recall bias. But some machines seem to have a better reproducibility then others. It probably isn't real - but it would be cool to track over many many throws and see if something showed up.

However one time - in Jean (when they had bubble craps) on my driving trip to Vegas (from So Cali), I made over $1500 starting at about $50 and grinding over many hours, and the manager took my picture and shook my hand when I finally stood up from the game.

Interestingly enough, on our way BACK, I wanted to stop and see if I could do it again. They had changed the game parameters (changed the max bet) so my method of play wouldn't work. I found that change highly suspicious. I asked for the manager and asked why they changed the game. He fumbled around some stupid answer.

Also interesting about that trip - is the player card in the game built up SO much points. I got tons of free gas and free hotel rooms for like 2 years. Not sure why anyone needs free rooms in Jean...but whatever. I think they quickly learned not to give points on a player card in that machine.



Details are important. How many hours of grinding to clear $1450? What was your technique?

I have observed that if you wait until one die is flat on the table before hitting the ďpopperĒ, it will sometimes go straight up and down, unchanged. It is difficult to capitalize on this because of the challenge to do it consistently, but if someone could, they would have an edge.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 359
Thanks for this post from:
Ayecarumba
December 5th, 2019 at 12:08:46 PM permalink
I think - if the dice is fairly flat, the number showing is more likely to show up again (when the platform pops).

So what I have done is lay the 10 and pop the dice when I see a 1,2 or 3 showing on a dice.

That isnít how I did it in Jean. I have a very complicated sequence of play that helped me with that.

Sorry, I donít remember the details of hours - it was on March 22, 2012 ( or very close to that date). I may have made $1800. I canít remember. I either made 1800 on that machine, or $1800 for the weekend. It was an amazing weekend. My girlfriend and I decided to get married while in Vegas. I won $750 at the Craps table at Encore. My wife won $200 at a slot machine. I couldnít loose at the ďwarĒ table at the Wynn. AND - my buddy, for a wedding gift, bought a couple massage for us at the Wynn. Very nice Spa....I wrote about it here all those years ago. Probably more details in that post...

I remember we sat down to play the bubble Craps before driving on to Vegas. I was doing so well I didnít want to get up...but our friends were waiting for us...I played as long as I could without being a dick to our friends. Maybe 5 hours?
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 359
December 7th, 2019 at 10:45:19 PM permalink
I went and found my old post.

Itís way better than I remembered. I made about 2k in 2.5 hours.

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/9165-casinos-are-strange-places/
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1186
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
December 8th, 2019 at 4:49:26 PM permalink
You would have to track the data. Up sets on pop and how that correlated to final results. Iíve got 6 years of regular play and I have not detected any exploitable patterns. As I live in Vegas...Iím a regular player and have seen thousands and thousands of rolls. While itís possible for something to malfunction and offer a repeatable number pattern....I doubt it.

You would likely need a very large sample size to rule out variance.

BTW, Gold Strike was sold by MGM and renamed Terrible Herbst...and the bubble craps is long gone.
Last edited by: TDVegas on Dec 8, 2019
cowboy
cowboy
Joined: Apr 22, 2013
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 176
December 8th, 2019 at 8:27:09 PM permalink
What a dumb name that is.

  • Jump to: