Venthus
Venthus
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1125
Thanks for this post from:
mustangsallyTaxreform
September 9th, 2018 at 2:01:59 PM permalink
Spotted a new bet that I haven't seen any info on over at the Rio last week; it's positioned right above the Field bet, and was generally referred to as Left/Center/Right Field, paying 4:1 on 2/3/4, 2:1 on 4/9/10, and 4:1 on 10/11/12. Pretty straight forward.

It also shares a table with Repeater and Over/Under 7 taking the place of 6/8.
mustangsally
mustangsally
Joined: Mar 29, 2011
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 2463
September 9th, 2018 at 3:36:57 PM permalink
Quote: Venthus

Pretty straight forward.

wow!
I was told also at Caesars Palace

super HE for those left/right field bets
some may like the overlap on the 4,10

but this bet is as bad as the over/under 7
last time I saw that
was at the Stratosphere

major sucker bets


nice way to show the Field bet
12 Pays triple
Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 3469
September 9th, 2018 at 3:39:09 PM permalink
Quote: Venthus

Spotted a new bet that I haven't seen any info on over at the Rio last week; it's positioned right above the Field bet, and was generally referred to as Left/Center/Right Field, paying 4:1 on 2/3/4, 2:1 on 4/9/10, and 4:1 on 10/11/12. Pretty straight forward.

It also shares a table with Repeater and Over/Under 7 taking the place of 6/8.



I feel like thereís a thread on this here. At any rate left and right field would tie the any seven bet for worst HE in the table. Center field is half of that for HE.

ETA: Sally beat me to it.

ETA2: as mentioned downthread the Center bet has the same HE as the other two and above is wrong.
Last edited by: unJon on Sep 9, 2018
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
mustangsally
mustangsally
Joined: Mar 29, 2011
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 2463
September 9th, 2018 at 3:49:37 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

At any rate left and right field would tie the any seven bet for worst HE in the table. Center field is half of that for HE.

I could see a player(s) making a bet on the left/center/right
all 3 bets.
they push on a 9 but get 2x on any other field winner.

of course with a win rate = 16/36 = 44.4%
wow!

there may not be any DIs trying to exploit that bet!

Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
Venthus
Venthus
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1125
September 9th, 2018 at 3:50:06 PM permalink
Well, what I meant by 'straight forward' is that it's a fairly self-evident bet, unlike, say, Hot Roller. Not that it's a good bet, just one easy to understand: Lasts one roll, immediately pays out (or not).

As far as it being mentioned... whoops. Guess I must've missed it in the search somehow. Definitely didn't see it on the WoO Craps Sidebet page though.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 110
  • Posts: 5409
September 9th, 2018 at 3:50:17 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

At any rate left and right field would tie the any seven bet for worst HE in the table. Center field is half of that for HE.


I get the same HE for the Center:
10 of the 36 rolls win: +20
26 of the 36 rolls lose: -26
Total HE: 6 / 36 = 16.6667%
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 3469
September 9th, 2018 at 3:58:12 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

I get the same HE for the Center:
10 of the 36 rolls win: +20
26 of the 36 rolls lose: -26
Total HE: 6 / 36 = 16.6667%



Thank you. I agree. I miscounted the number of winning rolls and ended up with an incorrect 11.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 3469
September 9th, 2018 at 4:14:19 PM permalink
Quote: mustangsally

I could see a player(s) making a bet on the left/center/right
all 3 bets.
they push on a 9 but get 2x on any other field winner.

of course with a win rate = 16/36 = 44.4%
wow!

there may not be any DIs trying to exploit that bet!

Sally



Thatís funny!

Also fun to compare betting $6 on Left field vs betting on a $1 snake eyes, $2 trey and hopping the 4 for $3.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.

  • Jump to: