90crapsplayer66
90crapsplayer66
Joined: Jan 25, 2018
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 32
April 29th, 2018 at 9:17:41 AM permalink
Good Morning Craps players,
This is an easy question for which I managed to confuse myself with last night....I even dreamed of finding the right answer myself, but I'm going to "cut to the chase" and ask for your help.

When I'm playing the "Right Way" strategy and my Come bet moves to the number 6 or 8, how are the odds figured? Do I bet $5 to win $6 ? or Do I bet $6 to win $7 ?

And then conversely, when I'm playing the "Dark Side" strategy and move from the Don't Come to a 6 or 8, do I bet 6 to win 5, or
7 to win 6 ?

Thanks for your clarification on this,
Dick
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 286
  • Posts: 7804
April 29th, 2018 at 1:28:13 PM permalink
Quote: 90crapsplayer66

Good Morning Craps players,
This is an easy question for which I managed to confuse myself with last night....I even dreamed of finding the right answer myself,

seems like you'd have it pretty quick
Quote:

but I'm going to "cut to the chase" and ask for your help.

When I'm playing the "Right Way" strategy and my Come bet moves to the number 6 or 8, how are the odds figured? Do I bet $5 to win $6 ? or Do I bet $6 to win $7 ?

Bet amounts divisible by 5, pays 6 to 5

Quote:

And then conversely, when I'm playing the "Dark Side" strategy and move from the Don't Come to a 6 or 8, do I bet 6 to win 5, or
7 to win 6 ?

always the exact inverse, bet amounts divisible by 6, pays 5 to 6

it is not the same for placing the bets
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
90crapsplayer66
90crapsplayer66
Joined: Jan 25, 2018
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 32
April 29th, 2018 at 3:15:57 PM permalink
Thanks odiousgambit,
Your explanation cleared up my confusion. What got me in trouble was trying to treat the 6 and 8 with a Place bet payoff---that's where the 7 came in and messed me up.
Thanks again,
Dick

  • Jump to: