keldog
keldog
  • Threads: 5
April 13th, 2018 at 1:26:43 PM permalink
I know this is real basic here, but if i bet 25 on the dont pass line and the initial roll is 2, 3 or 12 do i win 25 profit? or is there some sort of commission
I don't go against the grain, the grain goes against me
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
April 13th, 2018 at 1:32:37 PM permalink
Yes on 2 and 3

12 is a push you dont win or lose anything
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
Thanked by
keldog
April 13th, 2018 at 1:34:08 PM permalink
Quote: keldog

I know this is real basic here, but if i bet 25 on the dont pass line and the initial roll is 2, 3 or 12 do i win 25 profit? or is there some sort of commission

A little too basic. To answer, you would win $25 on 2 or 3 rolled on the come out [you need to learn the lingo] but if a 12 is rolled you push. No commission.

I would start with the wizard's page and also just fool around with the free game you find at the top of this site. This is the link to the webpage, https://wizardofodds.com/games/craps/basics/
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
April 13th, 2018 at 4:57:10 PM permalink
But remember that northern Nevada is different. In Reno or Tahoe 3 and 12 win on the come out if you're on the don't pass, and 2 is a push.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 13th, 2018 at 6:52:47 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

But remember that northern Nevada is different. In Reno or Tahoe 3 and 12 win on the come out if you're on the don't pass, and 2 is a push.

True but this will be indicated on the layout, so there should be no confusion. (Bar 12 or Bar 2).

Also I think it best to clarify that in a push situation the dealer will usually put his fist briefly on the layout near your bet to indicate to you that it is a push and that should you wish to, you may legally take down that bet or leave it up for the next roll. Most players leave it but it is your choice.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
April 13th, 2018 at 9:36:06 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

True but this will be indicated on the layout, so there should be no confusion. (Bar 12 or Bar 2).

Also I think it best to clarify that in a push situation the dealer will usually put his fist briefly on the layout near your bet to indicate to you that it is a push and that should you wish to, you may legally take down that bet or leave it up for the next roll. Most players leave it but it is your choice.

You can legally take your DP bet down at any time.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
April 14th, 2018 at 4:53:45 AM permalink
Quote: sodawater

You can legally take your DP bet down at any time.

Legally is probably the wrong word but there is a brief few seconds when the dealer is paying out chips you cant touch your bet

Or is that only roulette? They move pretty fast in craps and i dont play live games enough but i think thats what fleastiff was possibly referring too
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 14th, 2018 at 5:02:46 AM permalink
by the time the dealer taps his fist on the table it must be OK to pick it up
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: