tfooteau
tfooteau
  • Threads: 1
June 25th, 2017 at 5:34:05 PM permalink
This community is an outstanding source for new craps players, thank you. I have a question for a strategy based around the 8.5 shooter rolls that each player gets on average before "7ing out". I know hedging your bets is foolish, I'm wondering if this qualifies as a hedge. Passing up the pass line with odds is as well. So, there's a good chance this is whole thing is foolish but golly I just can't help myself I want the expert feedback. Here goes:

Roll 1: Come out roll, Place the 6 & 8 only (24$) and keep them working.
Roll 2 - 6: Wait, hope for 6s and 8s
Roll 7: Shooter is close to average number of rolls, transfer your 6 & 8 to a (48$) Lay 4 (or 10) and wait for the inevitable

My hope was to maximize early likelihood of 6/8 while minimizing the potential of losing a Lay bet. I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with a strategy like this turning to the dark side mid-shooter. I know the requirement of betting Don't Pass before come out keeps most people from doing things like this. Thanks, y'all are great.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
June 25th, 2017 at 8:40:23 PM permalink
Actually, you can make lay bets at any time without any "requirement" for another bet.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 25th, 2017 at 11:58:55 PM permalink
The odds don't change the further into a shooter's roll it is.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
June 26th, 2017 at 5:38:13 AM permalink
Serious Answer: as long as the past doesn't matter and the future is random, it cannot matter when you make Craps bets. It is an illusion, a fallacy, [that I have to shake off too] that a shooter resolving a point is creating a sequence of rolls that is making the 7-out more imminent as he keeps rolling. The past in fact does not matter in Craps no matter the situation.

Frivolous Answer: the dice hate side-switchers. Change bets as you please [you won't find advantage] but never switch sides in a session, the dice will go after you bigtime. This frivolous part here I have internalized from having bad luck with it and I stand by it except when asked to prove it!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
June 26th, 2017 at 6:27:20 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

The past in fact does not matter in Craps no matter the situation.

So the laws of physics are suspended for this game?
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 27th, 2017 at 3:01:08 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
Thanked by
DeMango
June 27th, 2017 at 3:01:12 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Most of us post what we have to say with the expectation that everyone will understand that we are assuming effective dice control is not being employed.

At least I am assuming you don't question the difference between a deck of cards that can change composition and a pair of dice that have no memory.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
alphastorm
alphastorm
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
DeMango
July 25th, 2017 at 4:37:20 AM permalink
He's clearly a dice controller who can also bend the laws of physics.
  • Jump to: