Thread Rating:

WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
January 6th, 2017 at 2:48:42 PM permalink
I have my favorite spots to play craps. Top places in the US for me are Wynne, Bellagio, and Borgata. There are a multitude of reasons I enjoy these places but Ill spare the details. Where do fellow craps players here like to play Craps at?
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 316
  • Posts: 6943
January 6th, 2017 at 3:12:57 PM permalink
You like fancy surroundings: good for you.

I prefer better odds.

Mostly I play at Chinook Winds on the Oregon coast: 5X odds.
"What, me worry?"
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
January 6th, 2017 at 3:22:10 PM permalink
Never bee there.. but always good to take advantage of max odds on table.

Fancy? Kinda... but the atmosphere is always good vibes, open tables, less riff raff, and dealers that know what they are doing who keep the dice flowing.... and it doesn't hurt that the waitresses and uniforms are hot. Then I can always get a bite to eat at one of their awesome restaurants with winnings.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 316
  • Posts: 6943
January 6th, 2017 at 4:47:34 PM permalink
Yeah, I've played a lot at MGM and while they had normal strip odds, the crews were first rate: always a pleasant experience there.
"What, me worry?"
iamnomad
iamnomad
Joined: Nov 3, 2014
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 108
January 6th, 2017 at 4:51:36 PM permalink
I certainly don't get good vibes from places that charge for parking, have high table limits and low odds...

Go to the Whiz's craps survey and you can find far better places to play...Main Street Station, $5 minimum with 20x odds, Boyd's Boarding Pass points. Sam's Town out on Boulder Highway, minimums as low as $3, very generous odds, free parking and again Boyd's Boarding Pass points. By the way, Sam's in particular has knowledgeable dealers, most seem to have been there for years.

Now I'd agree that neither has the prettiest cocktail waitresses...but I'm not there to ogle the help. I'm there to play craps.

A little more upscale is Green Valley Ranch, one of Red Rock Resorts properties. Again, free parking, low minimums and odds that are no worse than most on the strip. Some very good food options, too. Boarding Pass is a very good points program.
charlestfuller
charlestfuller
Joined: Nov 18, 2016
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 43
January 6th, 2017 at 4:55:35 PM permalink
I'm always drawn to the Luxor-Excalibur duo. I could go back and forth all day for the tables and the environment in general.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 6526
January 6th, 2017 at 4:57:15 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Yeah, I've played a lot at MGM and while they had normal strip odds, the crews were first rate: always a pleasant experience there.

Sunday morning at the MGM is always a treat. That's when you're most likely to see a guy in his mid-60s wearing a $6,000 sweater and a $60,000 Rolex playing with yellow or brown chips (if I recall, $1k and $5k). I saw someone fitting that description pull down $22,000 on one roll once -- a hard 8. He had $2k on the line, a place bet, an all-day hardway for $1k, and right before he threw the dice he hopped the hard 8 for $100. The box twitched a little when it showed.

Mmm, tasty:
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
January 6th, 2017 at 5:02:16 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

Sunday morning at the MGM is always a treat. That's when you're most likely to see a guy in his mid-60s wearing a $6,000 sweater and a $60,000 Rolex playing with yellow or brown chips (if I recall, $1k and $5k). I saw someone fitting that description pull down $22,000 on one roll once -- a hard 8. He had $2k on the line, a place bet, an all-day hardway for $1k, and right before he threw the dice he hopped the hard 8 for $100. The box twitched a little when it showed.

Mmm, tasty:



That visual is like straight out of Vegas Movie! Calm, cool, and collected with his young girlfriend holding his hand?
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
monet0412
monet0412
Joined: Feb 18, 2016
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 627
January 6th, 2017 at 5:22:37 PM permalink
Anyone who pays 6k for a sweater or 60k for a watch deserves to get rolled. My friend bought 3 watches a year ago for 15k a pop... totaling 45k. After I witnessed that I never contacted him again... disowned him basically. It wasn't long after his watches are owned by the pawn shop, he is flat broke and asks me for a loan from time to time. I used to break him off 10k like it was nothing at any time but after he bought those watches I will never loan him a dime. I couldn't walk down the street with a 60k watch on my wrist and look people in the eye. Just my opinion though... all you pretentious yuppies can do whatever you like.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
January 6th, 2017 at 5:41:51 PM permalink
Quote: monet0412

Anyone who pays 6k for a sweater or 60k for a watch deserves to get rolled. My friend bought 3 watches a year ago for 15k a pop... totaling 45k. After I witnessed that I never contacted him again... disowned him basically. It wasn't long after his watches are owned by the pawn shop, he is flat broke and asks me for a loan from time to time. I used to break him off 10k like it was nothing at any time but after he bought those watches I will never loan him a dime. I couldn't walk down the street with a 60k watch on my wrist and look people in the eye. Just my opinion though... all you pretentious yuppies can do whatever you like.



Maybe your friend bought the watches because he wanted to have something he could hold on to of value ... so that he could pawn it when he needed to.. because he probably knew he would lose it on the tables. And also because he sounds like a donkey. I have a friend that buys things after he wins because he knows he cant lose it right away and he can always sell it, even if at a lesser price. sad!
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'

  • Jump to: