guitarmandp
guitarmandp
Joined: Mar 17, 2014
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 187
August 24th, 2015 at 6:33:32 AM permalink
Won $950 playing the donts last night and decided to leave just short of winning a grand.

After I left the table stayed cold for well over an hour after I watched shooter after shooter go out quickly.

It seems like every time I leave with a huge profit the table stays ice cold. Every time I decide to stay and win more, I go on a huge losing streak and give back all of my winnings.

I guess it's better to leave too early than too late but still ...
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
August 24th, 2015 at 6:51:08 AM permalink
If only these things were predictable....
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 509
  • Posts: 2979
August 24th, 2015 at 8:15:32 AM permalink
lol..

walked up to a table just as 2 guys were leaving.
was told the table was cold.

bought in for $1000 and played my usual passline/continuous come.
won $1100! (and left $600 on the table).

and theres probably times where I walked away from the table 1 shooter too soon as well.

and theres also times where I walked up to a cold table and it stayed cold till I left.
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
wilbsmitt
wilbsmitt
Joined: Mar 16, 2015
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 47
August 24th, 2015 at 9:53:28 AM permalink
Quote: guitarmandp

Won $950 playing the donts last night and decided to leave just short of winning a grand.

After I left the table stayed cold for well over an hour after I watched shooter after shooter go out quickly.

It seems like every time I leave with a huge profit the table stays ice cold. Every time I decide to stay and win more, I go on a huge losing streak and give back all of my winnings.

I guess it's better to leave too early than too late but still ...



If you decided to leave that tells me you were done gambling, so why hang around to see what the table did for the next hour? If you stopped because you thought the "cold" trend wouldn't continue, and you would lose all your profits, maybe try this: lock up $700 or $750 as profit(or some other amount you're happy with) and only risk the remaining $200/$250.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 300
  • Posts: 8294
August 24th, 2015 at 11:36:24 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

lol..

walked up to a table just as 2 guys were leaving.
was told the table was cold.

bought in for $1000 and played my usual passline/continuous come.
won $1100! (and left $600 on the table).

and theres probably times where I walked away from the table 1 shooter too soon as well.

and theres also times where I walked up to a cold table and it stayed cold till I left.



yep ya never know, it can go either way

the only thing that tends to be consistent is how much the dice want to destroy you if you are a side switcher*

* I don't really believe that, but still adhere to it religiously for a particular session
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 144
  • Posts: 18120
August 24th, 2015 at 1:01:17 PM permalink
Quote: wilbsmitt

If you decided to leave that tells me you were done gambling, so why hang around to see what the table did for the next hour? If you stopped because you thought the "cold" trend wouldn't continue, and you would lose all your profits, maybe try this: lock up $700 or $750 as profit(or some other amount you're happy with) and only risk the remaining $2 00/$250.

In theory this is a good idea( Not that it matters mathematically, but emotionally it may). If this was as easy to do as it was to say for most people. There wouldn't be 1-888-GA-HELPS numbers plastered everywhere.

Again this is probably just more selective memory mumbo jumbo. Even if it is actually happening, it's just coinkydink.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 165
  • Posts: 9599
August 24th, 2015 at 1:35:35 PM permalink
If you always regard losing as normal probability -- one day you may be taken in a "fixed" situation for a whole lot of money.

So, it doesn't hurt to quit and may in fact make a difference one day. If there are things like winning a bonus, you may have reasons to continue to play, but otherwise.

Imagine how much you could lose at a online casino if it is fixed and you just think it's normal probability? Or a couple hustlers are taking you and you think it is normal probability. Or possibly even a rare malfunction of a game?
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

  • Jump to: