jeffspicoli6969
jeffspicoli6969
  • Threads: 3
January 2nd, 2015 at 12:38:41 PM permalink
I notice that I shoot better on shorter tables then longer tables. Also about my shooting technique, when I throw the dice should I keep them low to the table for example a fast, low shot or try to lob it?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 2nd, 2015 at 2:00:02 PM permalink
you want the dice to land with as little kinetic energy as possible, so that sort of says low to the table, right? You will be asked to hit the back wall, so try to have the dice hit below the pyramids.

this from a guy who has no evidence he can influence the dice [grin]
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
January 2nd, 2015 at 8:00:56 PM permalink
Quote: jeffspicoli6969

I notice that I shoot better on shorter tables then longer tables. Also about my shooting technique, when I throw the dice should I keep them low to the table for example a fast, low shot or try to lob it?

How about going to dice boards who may have an answer or two.

Oh well, let the feeding frenzy begin.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
nickolay411
nickolay411
  • Threads: 13
January 2nd, 2015 at 8:31:15 PM permalink
short table for sure. Too low of a throw and you'll have to release the dice with more force to make it to the end. Too high of a lob and a lot can go wrong in the prolonged amount of time they are in the air. I suggest a good balance between the amount of time the dice are in the air with the amount of speed at which the dice travel.

Pay close attention to how high your hand is at the time of the release, and also how much higher the dice travel upward.

For me, the ideal point of release is at the the tables surface. But this is kinda impossible(other than sliding) since you've got your hand in the way and you've got to accelerate the dice for travelling through the air.

You sound new so I know its nice to dream big and have confidence before you get yourself to the tables but If you set your expectations to high it's very easy to become unfocused, embarrassed, and discouraged.

Remember 1 controlled shot in roughly 40 goes a long way. But you can still lose and will. With that said GOODLUCK!
  • Jump to: