Imbatman
Imbatman
  • Threads: 1
May 5th, 2014 at 9:16:01 PM permalink
I've found myself really hesitating/debating internally with myself, struggling in fact, to not switch sides mid session when the table goes cold.

The last few sessions that have ended poorly for me -- I look back and have regret -- that I did not switch over to the dark side.

It's like I know that the table is cold, I don't feel it turning around and I know I should be betting the Don'ts but I stubbornly keep paying pass line/odds and maybe a come wager or two until I am felted.

Isn't it more dangerous to flip flop like this, aren't I opening myself for even bigger regrets when that cold table suddenly turns?

Looking for any type of commiseration and/or support to stick with playing in just one direction (whatever that direction may be) and DO NOT try to switch sides like an ambidextrous baseball player?
geoff
geoff
  • Threads: 3
May 5th, 2014 at 9:22:32 PM permalink
It's a lot easier to look back on what happened and say what you should have done. I'm guessing just as many times where you thought about switching and didn't ended up working out for you.
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
  • Threads: 8
May 5th, 2014 at 9:55:00 PM permalink
I would not do that. Sounds like a recipe for disappointment.

Pick a side and stick with it or walk away.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 5th, 2014 at 10:28:03 PM permalink
You'll wind up saying you're the Lizard king if you're correct switching sides back and forth.
I am a robot.
PBguy
PBguy
  • Threads: 4
May 5th, 2014 at 10:45:50 PM permalink
That's exactly the struggle I had last night. Table was cold cold cold. At the other end of the table 5 of the 6 players were on the DP. I finally go DP with one or two DC bets and the shooter makes 3 passes - 8, 10, and 10. His 4th point was a 4 and he seven'd out. I lost about $100 on his roll.

Funny thing is that he lost about the same on my next roll by going DP and DC. I hit several numbers back to back and made two passes.

I would have finished up for the night if I hadn't gone DP. Oh well.
hwccdealer
hwccdealer
  • Threads: 11
May 6th, 2014 at 5:34:00 PM permalink
I switch based on feel. When I played last, I played from the pass line if someone on my side of the table was shooting and from the don't pass if someone on the other side was shooting. I actually did OK with that strategy - I didn't really win or lose.

Not sure if it's a toolbag move to bet the don't pass, insure it with a hardway, and put the dealers on the hardway with it, knowing full well I make way more with a seven out and would much rather the dealer bet lost.
  • Jump to: