AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 97
December 24th, 2013 at 6:18:57 PM permalink
I am guilty of "across betting" and always did that (until I adopted my system of betting fire bet + passline without odds).

As an "across bettor" I can tell you that even playing with 52/54 across or 130/135 across I left a table with a net win of $5,000 or more only three times in my life (pre fire bet days).

I had a dream the last time I played that I wish I had the ability to "see" which number would be rolled next so I could shift my bankroll from number to number for each throw.

The problem with "across betting" is that you can lose all of those bets at once, but you can only win one at a time.

Craps sucks. Why do we play it? LOL
dwm
dwm
  • Threads: 33
December 28th, 2013 at 8:53:44 AM permalink
Have made the following change and it seems to do better in the cold spells. This is a gradual across scheme.

Start with pass-odds and place the sister. If get a hit on either bet, then on the next uncovered number that is rolled, then place it and its sister. If get another hit , then place the remaining when rolled.
Example: point is 6 so odds on 6 and place the 8. A hit on 8 is rolled so that qualifies for the next bet. 9 is rolled so place the 9 and 5. Wait for another hit on any covered number, then a 4 is rolled so place the 4 and 10. Gradual across betting is easier on the bankroll.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 97
December 28th, 2013 at 1:32:40 PM permalink
Quote: dwm

on the next uncovered number that is rolled, then place it and its sister.

I recall a player doing this. He started with passline and placed the sister... so if a 5 was the point, he would place the 9. Is that what you meant?
Then the roll might be a 10, so he placed the 10 and the 4. And then the roll might be a 6 so he would place the 6 and 8.

It struck me as being a system where you always make the bet "one roll too late" as opposed to someone who just bet the inside or already had their money on the numbers.
dwm
dwm
December 29th, 2013 at 11:55:03 AM permalink
Alan, it helps with the cold spells. Across or even inside betting from the start is hard to win. This is more like a money mgt scheme, using hits to pay for expansion betting. I have to get a hit before betting additional numbers.
superrick
superrick
  • Threads: 28
December 29th, 2013 at 12:20:05 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

The problem with "across betting" is that you can lose all of those bets at once, but you can only win one at a time.

There are so-called experts that push that type of betting, the problem is as you pointed out, that you lose six bets at once! To make matters worst, there will be plenty of times that the roll count could be five or more rolls and you never got one paying hit because of all the crap numbers being roll along with the come-out sevens! To put it very bluntly, there are no guarantees in the game of craps. You never know if you are going to get any winning hits on you're across bet!

Most craps players don't have big bank rolls, unlike some of the great fiction we read about the game of craps, if you are playing an across bet, you need a very large bank roll to back you up. If the table turns cold or you buy-in at the wrong time, you can go through you're bankroll in a few rolls of the dice.
Playing craps is all about being at the table at the right time when things are skewed one way or the other. If your a dark-side player you love to see cold tables, and if you 're a right side player the only thing you want to see is a table with points being made!

If you take a hit with you're across type betting you're going to be out of chips before the table changes back to where you can get all the winning dice rolls that you need, to get into profit! Seeing how you are always playing a very negative game, when you are playing craps, things have a way of going bad, more times then they go right for you!

Betting large sums of money so you can get one hit and then regress down you're bets in nothing more then insanity at work, sure some times you will get lucky, but as I like to ask the guys is just how many time do you get lucky on a daily basis?

Note, all my post start with this is just my opinion...! You do good brada ..! superrick Winning comes from knowledge and skill when your betting and not reading fiction http://procraps4u2.myfanforum.org/index.php ...
CrapsGenious
CrapsGenious
January 4th, 2014 at 9:21:18 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

I recall a player doing this. He started with passline and placed the sister... so if a 5 was the point, he would place the 9. Is that what you meant?
Then the roll might be a 10, so he placed the 10 and the 4. And then the roll might be a 6 so he would place the 6 and 8.

It struck me as being a system where you always make the bet "one roll too late" as opposed to someone who just bet the inside or already had their money on the numbers.

I was impressed by a system player last night dividing the place bets in half (4-5-6) & (10-9-8) I play the way I play but couldn't help but notice the guy placing 4 & 10 and when the number came in he would use the 9:5 winnings to place the other two numbers. was remarkable to see him doing well with this type of betting style.
8 more years till retirement.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
January 4th, 2014 at 10:20:46 AM permalink
Quote: CrapsGenious

I was impressed by a system player last night dividing the place bets in half (4-5-6) & (10-9-8) I play the way I play but couldn't help but notice the guy placing 4 & 10 and when the number came in he would use the 9:5 winnings to place the other two numbers. was remarkable to see him doing well with this type of betting style.

So if I bet the 12 and won, would you be impressed with that too?
Fighting BS one post at a time!
superrick
superrick
  • Threads: 28
January 4th, 2014 at 12:05:12 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

No he would only be impressed if you got lucky while playing some system!
Note, all my post start with this is just my opinion...! You do good brada ..! superrick Winning comes from knowledge and skill when your betting and not reading fiction http://procraps4u2.myfanforum.org/index.php ...
CrapsGenious
CrapsGenious
January 5th, 2014 at 11:10:59 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Not at all, just calling it as I see it. If you bet the 12 and parley the win 3 times in a row and repeated it a couple more times, I may in fact consider to be impressed.
8 more years till retirement.
bdc42
bdc42
  • Threads: 3
January 5th, 2014 at 11:34:47 PM permalink
it's really funny, when someone posts a comment on any game that's not beatable, there is always some duche who says something about the house edge and that it's unbeatable. NO KIDDING, really. everyone on this site knows that all house games are just that, house games. posting a comment saying you cant beat the house edge is like telling a rock it cant float.

• Jump to: